Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series

Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series

Monday, April 4th, 2011 4:03pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,977

Shout! Factory has added a new Beast Wars listing to their online store, Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series. The set is scheduled to release on June 7th, 2011 for $$49.99 + S&H.

When the descendants of the treacherous Decepticons — now known as Predacons — land on a mysterious planet in search of the powerful crystal fuel Energon, it’s up to Optimus Primal and the heroic Maximals to stop them before they conquer the universe!

Bonus Features:
  • Retrospective featurettes
  • Art galleries
  • New interviews
  • 12-pg book

Bonus! The Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series set includes a 24-page comic book Transformers Timelines “Dawn of Future’s Past.” Originally published by Fun Publications for BotCon in 2006, this is the official prequel story leading right up to the start of Beast Wars and offers valuable insight into all of the events that led to Optimus Primal’s crew chasing after Megatron and his Predacons! Fans will enjoy this pre- Beast Wars story as well as several other Transformers extras! The story is written by Forest Lee and Pete Sinclair with Beast Wars story editor Bob Forward and Benson Yee serving as story consultants.

Credit(s): Shout! Factory

This article was last modified on Saturday, April 9th, 2011 1:17pm CDT

Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204737)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 4th, 2011 @ 4:18pm CDT

The Toonami bumpers from the week they debuted the Season 2 finale would bring back some nice memories as well, especially the ad where Rattrap guns down Johnny Quest, but you can't have everything. That and the G1 commercials are what Youtube's for.

And no commentaries?
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204739)
Posted by Leviathan on April 4th, 2011 @ 4:19pm CDT
GROAN!!!!!!!! God, I want that comic, but it isn't worth me getting the entire Beast Wars Series for a second time.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204753)
Posted by Heavy B on April 4th, 2011 @ 4:57pm CDT
hmmmmm, depends on what the individual releases have. Im hoping they find some of the fox kids ads
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204768)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2011 @ 5:28pm CDT
Okay, I am now SOLD on this! I was skeptical at first, due to already owning the Rhino sets, but these bonus features make it worth it! Not to mention Dawn of Future's Past!!!!!! :D

Bumblevivisector wrote:I'd be motivated to buy this if I knew Season 1 had all its episodes in order (Double Jeopardy, then A Better Mousetrap; Possession before Spider's Game) and knew they were totally uncut: I could swear the first time I saw The Trigger Part 1 there were a few extra seconds that I didn't see in reruns or the Rhino disc, of Terrorsaur and Waspinator flying around and debating about where Tigatron went after falling into the cloud.
Are you referring to when they say this:
Waspinator: "Huh? W-Where Maximal go?"
Terrorsaur: "We saw him fall into that cloud..."
That is on the Rhino DVD set.

Bumblevivisector wrote:Also if Season 3 had the broadcast opening; anyone know why they replaced its beginning with the beginning of the Season 2 intro?
No clue. Been pondering that myself.

Bumblevivisector wrote:And no commentaries?
These foru listed extra features appear to be ones that are exclusive to this boxed set (a la the G1 Matrix DVD set's exclusive content). The discs that are part of the indivdual sets that have been compiled into this set will probably have some features of their own not listed here.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204774)
Posted by Bouncy X on April 4th, 2011 @ 5:37pm CDT

but either way, i'll definately get this set.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204780)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:glad to see a complete series collection but now i gotta ask....is beast machines in there or will that be its own seperate release? i mean i realize its technically a different series but its still a continuation.
It's more than just a technicality. Beast Machines is, in all ways, it's own individual series. Just because it's a sequel doesn't make it "Beast Wars: Season 4". That's kinda like calling Energon and Cybertron seasons 2 and 3 of Armada, when both are entirely different series that also happen to be follow-ups to Armada (Energon moreso than Cybertron, mind you). "Same reality" does no always equal "same series".
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204787)
Posted by Vector Primal on April 4th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CDT
Good news. I have the Rhino set so probably won't invest. Anyone know if Bob Forward or Larry Ditillo will make Transformer Hall of Fame? :MAXIMAL: :PREDACON: :MAX2:
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204799)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 4th, 2011 @ 6:19pm CDT
Oh, Dawn of Future's past. Looks like G1's not the only TF series I'll have two copies of. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204822)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 4th, 2011 @ 7:17pm CDT
YES!!!!!!!!!! I have ZERO copies of Beast Wars. I do not buy bootlegs, and (I'm ashamed to say) I was appalled by the show when it first aired. Over the past year or so I've been watching youtube episodes and picking up some toys, I have come to love this show. This boxset was meant for yours truly! :D
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204824)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 4th, 2011 @ 7:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Are you referring to when they say this:
Waspinator: "Huh? W-Where Maximal go?"
Terrorsaur: "We saw him fall into that cloud..."
That is on the Rhino DVD set.

In fact, what I'm talking about likely came between those two lines, as they're puzzled by the lack of wreckage on the ground below, along the lines of:
Waspinator: "Waspinator thinks we vaporized him!"
Terrorsaur: "Nnnn, there should be something...let's double back to the cliff."

I swear that was in there when I first saw this, right after Transcon '97 (where I sort of became a BW convert, but foolishly gave up Onyx Primal) on a UHF station out of either St. Louis or Springfield, Illinois. It was never in any future reruns though, even out of the same station 2 years later. I'd almost doubt my memory, except that spot on the Rhino disc just looks like an abrupt edit.

Dammit, where's Zobovor when you really need every cut of a TF episode analyzed to death?
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204847)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2011 @ 7:49pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Are you referring to when they say this:
Waspinator: "Huh? W-Where Maximal go?"
Terrorsaur: "We saw him fall into that cloud..."
That is on the Rhino DVD set.

Waspinator: "Waspinator thinks we vaporized him!"
Terrorsaur: "Nnnn, there should be something...let's double back to the cliff."

Similars line to what you're thinking of were spoken a little earlier before their confusion.

Waspinator: "Success! Maximal destroyed! Hehe."
Terrorsaur: "Let's gather some fragments. Megatron will want proof."
Waspinator: "Wazzpinator wantz hiz head!"
Terrorsaur: "Hey! It's mine, Bug Face!"

If not these lines, then you might be mistaken, since "The Trigger, Part 1" is one of the few episodes I vividly remember watching during its first airing as a kid and the scene as it played out on the Rhino DVDs is how it went on the initial airing (though, there's still a chance I could be mistaken).
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204850)
Posted by Vector Primal on April 4th, 2011 @ 7:52pm CDT
As Megatron would say "New Packaging Same Product Awesomes"
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204858)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on April 4th, 2011 @ 7:58pm CDT
Are those DVD's English only, or do they also include Spanish and French languages? Man, I'm so hyped because they included Dawn of Future's past.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204905)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CDT
Now, all we need is Theft of the Golden Disk and we got all of the supplementary material pertaining directly to the main plot of the Beast Wars cartoon (the other Beast Era material by 3H, Fun Pub, and IDW were more like added sidestories than what TotGD and DoFP were).
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204932)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 4th, 2011 @ 10:10pm CDT
Bought!
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1204943)
Posted by Fearing on April 4th, 2011 @ 10:56pm CDT
Not sure how many episodes there are, but regardless, this seems like a pretty good price fora complete series of 3 seasons. I don't have any of the previous sets and was worried that this would be priced along the lines of the G1 box set (which I bought, but would have a hard time justifying that price for another box set having just had a second kid), but at that price I think I can manage it... especially if Amazon discounts it like they often do on new releases.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1205171)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CDT
Fearing wrote:Not sure how many episodes there are, but regardless, this seems like a pretty good price fora complete series of 3 seasons.
52 episodes. 26 for the first season, 13 for seasons 2 and 3 each.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1206836)
Posted by monarch420 on April 8th, 2011 @ 11:04pm CDT
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :-B
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1207961)
Posted by Anonymous on April 11th, 2011 @ 7:39pm CDT
Cannot wait for this. I grew up with G1, but Beast Wars still holds a special place in my heart. I've done my best to raise the 4 year old on G1, but I think he'll get a big kick out of Beast Wars.

Beast Machines I could take of leave, though I wouldn't mind having it for completion's sake.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers – Beast Wars: Complete Series (1208076)
Posted by Elita One on April 12th, 2011 @ 3:16am CDT
Unless Shout can top the cast commentary on the first 2 eps (Madman version) then no double dipping.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 35th Anniversary Sound Blaster Siege War for Cybertron NEW" on EBAY