Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 1:31pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,342

Courtesy of a news submission from 80sGeek we have a bit of news regarding Shout!Factory's recently released Transformers: The Japanese Collection. Apparently the set contains some subtitling errors that Shout!Factory will be sending out replacement discs to correct. They have been sending the following email to customers who purchased the set:

A few have written in to us about errors in the subtitling on a couple episodes in your Transformers Japanese Collection set. We are moving quickly to fix those errors and manufacture two replacement discs for your set and will ship them to you in about two weeks. They will ship automatically to anyone who has purchased the set from ShoutFactory -- you do not have to make any special requests or respond to this email. In the event you’re planning future purchases for friends or recommending the title, please know that our entire inventory in the warehouse and all future runs are also being corrected simultaneously.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,

Shout Factory

Credit(s): 80sGeek

Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341180)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 1st, 2012 @ 1:40pm CST
Cool that they're remedying the problem.

I still don't own the set, are they planning to release it at retail at all?
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341195)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 1st, 2012 @ 2:18pm CST
Wonder if this will affect the retail release version to come later.

Though, we can probably assume that none of the blasted over-Americanizations will be fixed. :roll:
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341372)
Posted by Galvatron X on February 1st, 2012 @ 7:12pm CST
Yep, I got this email too. I almost missed it - it was in my Spam folder!

Sabrblade wrote:Also wonder what kind of subbing errors they're fixing. Like, if it's just spelling/grammar errors or if some actual mistranslations were spotted and are being corrected as well.

My thoughts exactly. ^^^

A similar question - Are they only going to fix the errors that were reported, or are they actually going to go through every single episode and review the subtitles? Something tells me they won't be that thorough...

I'll probably never know because I am NOT getting another TV and watching them side by side to spot the differences!

Someone let me know what the differences are, will ya? :D
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341403)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 1st, 2012 @ 9:02pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:I still don't own the set, are they planning to release it at retail at all?

Yes, it is, though not likely for a while.

Sabrblade wrote:Wonder if this will affect the retail release version to come later.

No, it won't.

Probably the errors that were previously reported here.
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341464)
Posted by 80sgeek on February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:28am CST
The latest email I received was a mass email sent to all customers who purchased the box set (exactly the same as the one I received with Dear Transformers Fan, instead of my name). Which restates that all future releases of the box set, along with the single sets that will be coming out in the future, will have the corrected disks.

Like I stated on the other thread, this is the only set from Shout! Factory that has had any issue. Which for 11 sets totaling 92 disks, two episodes with issues (that they have acknowledged and are correcting) seems like an excellent track record. I NEVER heard back from Rino about the issue with a Beast Wars disk skipping over half an episode, no matter how many times I emailed them. And I first emailed them a week after the release.

This will not effect any future purchases I will be making from Shout! Factory. It actually gives me more faith that they are the best people to bring my favorite shows home. :BOT:
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341468)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 2nd, 2012 @ 12:43am CST
Darth Bombshell wrote:

No, it won't.

How do you know? I would think if they're fixing it now by giving out replacement discs, they would include the right versions in the later retail release. It would be stupid not to.

And I hope it won't cost $100 at the stores. :?
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341530)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 2nd, 2012 @ 8:38am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:I would think if they're fixing it now by giving out replacement discs, they would include the right versions in the later retail release.

They are.

Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341596)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 2nd, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
Darth Bombshell wrote:

They are.

Yeah, I misunderstood the answer. I thought you meant they won't fix the discs for the retail release...
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341608)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2012 @ 11:16am CST
80sgeek wrote:I NEVER heard back from Rino about the issue with a Beast Wars disk skipping over half an episode,
That never happened with any of my Rhino BW DVD sets. Maybe yours was a faulty one.
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1341910)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 2nd, 2012 @ 10:43pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:And I hope it won't cost $100 at the stores. :?

Considering it's going to contain three DVD sets that cost in the realm of $25 each, I'd imagine it be around $50-$70, same as the Beast Wars and Jem complete sets.
Re: Shout!Factory Sending Out Replacement Discs for Transformers: The Japanese Collection (1349916)
Posted by Galvatron X on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:41am CST
I got my replacement discs in the mail today. Anyone else get theirs?

They only included replacement discs for :

Super-God Masterforce - Disc 4
Victory - Disc 3

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power Of The Primes POTP Deluxe MOONRACER Figure NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Beast Wars - Transmetals:  OPTIMAL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Figure Exc Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wars Punch-Counterpunch MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron NetFlix Series AUTOBOT ELITA-1 NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Master Figures Age 8+" on EBAY