Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia

Transformers News: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia

Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 2:45PM CST

Categories: Reviews, Sightings
Posted by: RobRobRobRobRob   Views: 19,211

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

With War For Cybertron: Siege's second wave steadily marching into stores, we have a new video review for Voyager Class Soundwave! Sent to us by our fellow Seibertronian Maverick Prime and coming from newcomer reviewer Grim Trigger on Youtube, the video goes into considerable detail regarding the figure's detailing in both modes, as well as an intervening step-by-step demonstration of the figure's transformation sequence. Grim Trigger also brings the figure into comparison with his predecessors, Siege Megatron, Hound, Sideswipe and Ultra Magnus, as well as a Marvel Legends Ant Man figure, and admittedly bizarre choice for a size comparison. Unfortunately, Trigger neglects to showcase Soundwave's hidden Lamp-mode, though he does mention it briefly while discussing the vehicle mode.

The video is provided below, so be sure to take a look!



In related news, Soundwave and his fellow Wave 2 Voyager Starscream have both been sighted in Australian retail! Found at a Toyworld in the Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centre in Melbourne, Victoria by Ozformers member jroam and shared on the Ozformers Facebook profile, the Decepticon duo were sighted alongside various Wave 1 figures, so it appears these newcomers are only trickling out as of now. If you live in the area, the hunt appears to be on!

Transformers News: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia

As always, be sure to share your finds in your areas sightings forum, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers news and reviews.
Credit(s): MaverickPrime on Seibertron, Grim Trigger on Youtube, Ozformers on Facebook
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013026)
Posted by Emerje on March 2nd, 2019 @ 4:02pm CST
Randomhero wrote:They weren’t cancelled. Brawn and game never got announced. They showed up in listings and that’s it. Wasn’t until the end of titans return that they actually got announced and shown

They were planned, leaked, wave numbers were set aside, and their existence was confirmed years later. If that is "canceled" then what is it? Things get canceled internally all the time, an official announcement isn't required.

And again, those TR figures are not the same as the figures that were cancelled, they wouldn't have designed T30 figures to have a play feature from several years later.

It was called Prime War by the end of of combiner wars. Titans return was the one that changed names late in the game. A lot of early promo stuff a a few months before launched was called Titan Wars.

Wrong. All three were going to follow a naming theme of Combiner Wars, Titan Wars, and Prime Wars. Early images showing the name "Prime Wars" at events were referring to the third part of the trilogy. The trilogy wouldn't officially be called Prime Wars until PotP was officially announced.

Emerje
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013033)
Posted by Randomhero on March 2nd, 2019 @ 4:57pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:They weren’t cancelled. Brawn and game never got announced. They showed up in listings and that’s it. Wasn’t until the end of titans return that they actually got announced and shown

They were planned, leaked, wave numbers were set aside, and their existence was confirmed years later. If that is "canceled" then what is it? Things get canceled internally all the time, an official announcement isn't required.

And again, those TR figures are not the same as the figures that were cancelled, they wouldn't have designed T30 figures to have a play feature from several years later.

It was called Prime War by the end of of combiner wars. Titans return was the one that changed names late in the game. A lot of early promo stuff a a few months before launched was called Titan Wars.

Wrong. All three were going to follow a naming theme of Combiner Wars, Titan Wars, and Prime Wars. Early images showing the name "Prime Wars" at events were referring to the third part of the trilogy. The trilogy wouldn't officially be called Prime Wars until PotP was officially announced.

Emerje


Situation needed on the claim of them being canceled

But they were calling it prime wars trilogy before POTP title was released. Plenty of places referred to it as prime wars trilogy and weren’t referring it to the third installment
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013038)
Posted by william-james88 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 6:24pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:They weren’t cancelled. Brawn and game never got announced. They showed up in listings and that’s it. Wasn’t until the end of titans return that they actually got announced and shown

They were planned, leaked, wave numbers were set aside, and their existence was confirmed years later. If that is "canceled" then what is it? Things get canceled internally all the time, an official announcement isn't required.

And again, those TR figures are not the same as the figures that were cancelled, they wouldn't have designed T30 figures to have a play feature from several years later.

It was called Prime War by the end of of combiner wars. Titans return was the one that changed names late in the game. A lot of early promo stuff a a few months before launched was called Titan Wars.

Wrong. All three were going to follow a naming theme of Combiner Wars, Titan Wars, and Prime Wars. Early images showing the name "Prime Wars" at events were referring to the third part of the trilogy. The trilogy wouldn't officially be called Prime Wars until PotP was officially announced.

Emerje


Situation needed on the claim of them being canceled

But they were calling it prime wars trilogy before POTP title was released. Plenty of places referred to it as prime wars trilogy and weren’t referring it to the third installment


As far as I know, here is the first mention of Prime Wars as a trilogy https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ogy-950981

This is over 2 years after combiner wars was first announced.
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013048)
Posted by Un_Chakal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 7:10pm CST
Why did I just watch Fez from That 70 show break his Soundwave and fumble with it
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013049)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on March 2nd, 2019 @ 7:17pm CST
No cassette player mode?
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013051)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 7:45pm CST
TrypticonCarne wrote:No cassette player mode?

Nope, about 99% certain it requires removing the arms
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013052)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on March 2nd, 2019 @ 7:48pm CST
Huh should tell SillyMcGilly I was right sometime
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013061)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 9:22pm CST
Have some pictures of 2 of the coolest figures in recent Generation years. Optimus is simply perfect, he is my definitive Generations Prime, even though one of his back wheels is on backwards >:oP

Shockwave is awesome. This purple is perfect and that light piping is the best ever. Oh and his armored mode is great, and that space battleship mode :x :x :x :x :x

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013067)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:11pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Have some pictures of 2 of the coolest figures in recent Generation years. Optimus is simply perfect, he is my definitive Generations Prime, even though one of his back wheels is on backwards >:oP

Shockwave is awesome. This purple is perfect and that light piping is the best ever. Oh and his armored mode is great, and that space battleship mode :x :x :x :x :x

Yeah, they're great, I truly feel that you can now divide the tf fanbase into two groups: the one that feels the armor bits make shockwave a huge scam, and the other one that slaps the extra gun-arms onto their shockwave and love every minute of it 8-)
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013068)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:21pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Have some pictures of 2 of the coolest figures in recent Generation years. Optimus is simply perfect, he is my definitive Generations Prime, even though one of his back wheels is on backwards >:oP

Shockwave is awesome. This purple is perfect and that light piping is the best ever. Oh and his armored mode is great, and that space battleship mode :x :x :x :x :x

Yeah, they're great, I truly feel that you can now divide the tf fanbase into two groups: the one that feels the armor bits make shockwave a huge scam, and the other one that slaps the extra gun-arms onto their shockwave and love every minute of it 8-)

I consider myself both. He really didn't need those for his main figure, and could have passed as a voyager, with Soundwave taking the leader spot with 4 cassettes to bring him to the leader point. But i think in this case this was some awesome creativity that made Shockwave far better than just by himself

Oh, and just for fun, here is every single Optimus I own, and you can see where Siege fits in overall!

Image
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013070)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:28pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Have some pictures of 2 of the coolest figures in recent Generation years. Optimus is simply perfect, he is my definitive Generations Prime, even though one of his back wheels is on backwards >:oP

Shockwave is awesome. This purple is perfect and that light piping is the best ever. Oh and his armored mode is great, and that space battleship mode :x :x :x :x :x

Yeah, they're great, I truly feel that you can now divide the tf fanbase into two groups: the one that feels the armor bits make shockwave a huge scam, and the other one that slaps the extra gun-arms onto their shockwave and love every minute of it 8-)

I consider myself both. He really didn't need those for his main figure, and could have passed as a voyager, with Soundwave taking the leader spot with 4 cassettes to bring him to the leader point. But i think in this case this was some awesome creativity that made Shockwave far better than just by himself

Oh, and just for fun, here is every single Optimus I own, and you can see where Siege fits in overall!

Image

God Ginrai isn't optimus prime...well he is in the Omni dubs but that is another thing
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013071)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:33pm CST
TrypticonCarne wrote:God Ginrai isn't optimus prime...well he is in the Omni dubs but that is another thing

Technically, that is God Magnus Prime, but Alternatively, he's Powermaster Optimus Prime combined with the Apex Armor. I show him as God Ginrai, but I couldn't leave him out of this picture.

Although I will say, I am glad we got that in Titans Return/Legends. while it would be awesome to get him in Siege with the gimmick and such, I think it's awesome we at least got him already.

Still want a Star Saber with Victory Leo though. that needs to happen.
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013072)
Posted by Albatross250 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:33pm CST
Some Decepticon Redecos just got into Australia. Hyperdrive and Blackjack.
Toyfair Australia 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/post ... 4208822617
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013073)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:42pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:God Ginrai isn't optimus prime...well he is in the Omni dubs but that is another thing

Technically, that is God Magnus Prime, but Alternatively, he's Powermaster Optimus Prime combined with the Apex Armor. I show him as God Ginrai, but I couldn't leave him out of this picture.

Although I will say, I am glad we got that in Titans Return/Legends. while it would be awesome to get him in Siege with the gimmick and such, I think it's awesome we at least got him already.

Still want a Star Saber with Victory Leo though. that needs to happen.
or a Black Zarak to go with Ginrai
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013074)
Posted by starrhero on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:42pm CST
Albatross250 wrote:Some Decepticon Redecos just got into Australia. Hyperdrive and Blackjack.
Toyfair Australia 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/post ... 4208822617


Well, that came out of absolute nowhere. Shame they're just straight up repaints of the hot rod patrol, but what can you do?

I wonder if we'll get any other reveal from Australia Toyfair. I highly doubt it, but who knows? :-?
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013075)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:43pm CST
Thanks to the Ozformers Facebook page, we have word that there has been an exclusive War for Cybertron Siege reveal at Toyfair Australia 2019: the Micromaster Sports Car Patrol! The Micromaster Sports Car Patrol consists of Decepticons Blackjack and Hyperdrive, who are slight remolds of the Wave 1 Micromaster Race Car Patrol of Roadhandler and Swindler, now coming in black and purple and teal and yellow colors! The Siege Micromasters are of course only half of the original team, with Detour and Road Hugger getting cut this time. The pair are able to combine into a strange sports car gun thingy.

You can check out the images of the team taken below, and let us know what you think of the newly revealed Micromasters, who are also the first Micromaster reveals past wave 2, in the comments section below! And as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your latest Transformers news and galleries.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013076)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:45pm CST
TrypticonCarne wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TrypticonCarne wrote:God Ginrai isn't optimus prime...well he is in the Omni dubs but that is another thing

Technically, that is God Magnus Prime, but Alternatively, he's Powermaster Optimus Prime combined with the Apex Armor. I show him as God Ginrai, but I couldn't leave him out of this picture.

Although I will say, I am glad we got that in Titans Return/Legends. while it would be awesome to get him in Siege with the gimmick and such, I think it's awesome we at least got him already.

Still want a Star Saber with Victory Leo though. that needs to happen.
or a Black Zarak to go with Ginrai

Agreed, but I suspect that may come after Scorponok comes out, hopefully for Scorp next year, and probably Black Zarak a year after that as a Takara exclusive somehow
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013077)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on March 2nd, 2019 @ 10:59pm CST
starrhero wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Some Decepticon Redecos just got into Australia. Hyperdrive and Blackjack.
Toyfair Australia 2019.
https://www.facebook.com/ozformers/post ... 4208822617


Well, that came out of absolute nowhere. Shame they're just straight up repaints of the hot rod patrol, but what can you do?

I wonder if we'll get any other reveal from Australia Toyfair. I highly doubt it, but who knows? :-?

On the contrary, I 100% expect more, given that the post writer says they'll be back with more news (they even called the post Part 1) and that this is the same event where PotP Inferno, Outback, and Cindersaur were officially revealed last year. Fingers crossed for Barricade (and that he's not rubbish)!
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013078)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 11:00pm CST
Cool to see the new micromasters, the colors are on point, shame to see that they're using those god-awful molds though :(
Re: Siege Soundwave Video Review, and Wave 2 Voyagers sighted in Australia (2013079)
Posted by Albatross250 on March 2nd, 2019 @ 11:12pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Cool to see the new micromasters, the colors are on point, shame to see that they're using those god-awful molds though :(


It's Day 1 of the toyfair on AU, perhaps we can see Skywarp and some probably Apeface and combiners, similar to revealing Slugslinger during their toyfair also/

Bonus image: (Also from Ozformers) Some Scale with SIEGE Omega, G1 Omega and Omega Spreem in Toyfair Australia 2019 (Omega Spreem definitely needs a modern toy.)
Image


Image Backrground on the Packaging art of omega screams War For Cybertron Omega Supreme as a homage
Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
Twincast / Podcast #234:
"Hell in a Cel"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Adventure TAV-17 Shrapnel" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Barricade In Stock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SUNSTREAKER - Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2002 Collector Plate  RiD Optimus vs. Megatron!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster And Twin Cast" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Fracas And Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "3 Gnaw Deluxe Legends Titans Return Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double-Dealer Robot Figure" on EBAY