Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs

Saturday, December 26th, 2015 11:46am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: no-one   Views: 59,261

Howdy fellow Seibertronians. Following the previous in hand look at the Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack we have had several retail sightings submitted this morning.

The set includes the Mini-cons:

-Scorch strike Undertone

-Blizzard Strike Backtrack

-Scorch strike Beastbox

-Blizzard Strike Swelter

Seibertronian xRotorstormx, reluctantyouth and yours truly found the Mini-con 4 pack for $16.99 at ToysRUs in Milford, CT, Peoria IL and Baton Rouge, LA respectively. You can refresh your memory of the rest of the RID line here.

Transformers News: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs

Are you a Mini-con addict? What do you think of the new molds and decos? Sound off in the discussion below.

And remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the handiest Transformers sightings this side of a space bridge.

Credit(s): xRotorstormx, reluctantyouth, carytheone

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 21st, 2016 11:26pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1750440)
Posted by ScottyP on December 26th, 2015 @ 12:20pm CST
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1750444)
Posted by no-one on December 26th, 2015 @ 1:03pm CST
ScottyP wrote:Speaking of the sightings section, I've added a listing for these in there. Got so busy getting the Rescue Bots section caught up these slipped through the cracks on me!
Awesome, I couldn't find them earlier. I'll go make a submission now.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed that the 4 packs appear to only come with 2 sets of energon armor?
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1750480)
Posted by william-james88 on December 26th, 2015 @ 8:45pm CST
carytheone wrote:
Awesome, I couldn't find them earlier. I'll go make a submission now.

Yeah. And I find that too bad since that energon armour is the extent of the playability they have for me (since I am not buying the deployers). Those extra energon figures were beautifully implemented last time (as well as terribly ignored by Hasbro). Does anyone know if anything extra can be made of these clear armour bits?
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1750932)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 29th, 2015 @ 11:04am CST
Optimus does not look too bad in that armor. Sideswipe looks pretty funny though. Not too bad overall though, definitely interesting :BOT:
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751273)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 31st, 2015 @ 3:54pm CST
Kind of a request, as I own neither figure, are the heads of the blue Optimus and Megatronus swappable. Just could somebody humor me and check so I don't waste my money on buying both toys. :oops:
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751378)
Posted by RAR on January 1st, 2016 @ 9:35am CST
I thought I'd mention that there is a KO of RID-15 Optimus Prime's Warrior Class toy out / or due soon in China and also one of Drift both are about Voyager Size - and complement the existing Grimlock, Bumblebee & StrongArm toys.

Optimus looks like he's a good option for scale fans and has that bonus advantage of being closer to the proper size like Grimlock is too - while not being quite so huge as the Takara "Leader class" version.

The versions shown here are the ones with metal parts - but they may well make all plastic version too.

http://world.taobao.com/item/5257577785 ... 0.0.oaJvLO

I thought this was worth mentioning where someone would be more likely to see it than tucked away in the KO forum that is so rarely visited. as it's potentially of specific interest to those likely to read this thread perhaps.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751380)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2016 @ 9:41am CST
I would still not recomend that mold to anyone.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751421)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 1st, 2016 @ 3:51pm CST
It's still not a bad mold, just the arms really :BOT:
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751461)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2016 @ 6:12pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:It's still not a bad mold, just the arms really :BOT:

Oh there is way more than that. The feet are right there for all to see, the transformation is overly simplistic with most detail repeating from robot mode to alt mode, there is a random hole in the back that serve NO purpose, the head keeps sinking and as you said, the arms are atrocious with both the terrible shoulder articulation and the giant panels under the forearms. Seriously, I would love to see anyone argue how this is not the worse toy from the warrior class. Sideswipe has a huge flaw, but he is way more interesting than this optimus toy.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1751584)
Posted by RAR on January 2nd, 2016 @ 7:23am CST
The fore arm pannels for me about 5 minute with a screw driver and some snips to fix by trimming the ridge on the ring the wheels mount onto down a little the kibble "Boxing gloves" can then rotate back allowing things to plug all the way through his hands.

I have no objection to the shoulders of the gap in the back of vehicle mode, I don't notice either in general play.

As for the head dipping down - did you grab it and pull it upwards as it has to "click" into place to stay put properly.

Anyway Warrior Optimus is a perfectly respectable toy by comparison to say Sideswipe. I'm definitely going to get the Oversize Optimus & Drift soon as I can locate a less expensive source for them.

The only slight objection I do have to Optimus is it's not an easy fix to fix the miss-assembly error on his legs.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752447)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 5th, 2016 @ 10:27pm CST
Fellow Seibertronians, fresh off of Autobase Aichi's facebook page, we have a great look at RID Deployer's Overload and Backtrack. As you will see below, Overload boasts a rather unique and interesting transformation for a tank-based Transformer. Below we've mirrored several of the highlights from the gallery:

And for an even better look check out Baltmatrix's review of him:

Next we have an accompanying commercial featuring the new Cyclone Mini-cons and Overload:

So, what do you think of the new 'Cyclone' Mini-con's? Did you like Overload's transformation - should other tank-based transformers emulate it? let us know in the comment section below.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752462)
Posted by no-one on January 5th, 2016 @ 11:31pm CST
I had high hopes for Overlord, oh well. I still like his lil buddy though. I hope they release at least one version of the round minicon as a single pack.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752463)
Posted by Mkall on January 5th, 2016 @ 11:35pm CST
Hopefully he'll be in a non-deployer figure (such as how Fracture was re-done). I'd get him then.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752464)
Posted by Cobotron on January 5th, 2016 @ 11:40pm CST
carytheone wrote: I still like his lil buddy though. I hope they release at least one version of the round minicon as a single pack.
I think they are. You could always get a Battle Pack, a cool ball bot, and a super sweet Commander Class figure to PARTY YOUR DASHBOARD! :HALUC:

I had high hopes for Overload, oh well.
His character design is so cool, I wanted to like the toy. Maybe, like Fracture, we'll get a cool Warrior.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752467)
Posted by no-one on January 5th, 2016 @ 11:54pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
I think they are. You could always get a Battle Pack, a cool ball bot, and a super sweet Commander Class figure to PARTY YOUR DASBOARD! :HALUC:
I think you already talked me into the OP battle pack. Bludgeon is a cool minicon, but the lil round minicon I want is different than those. I want the one that looks like the ones that Micronus Prime sent after Optimus when he was training with King Kai.

So far that mold only comes in a 4 pack and with Overlord.

carytheone wrote:I had high hopes for Overload, oh well.
Fracture set the bar pretty high, so one can only hope. I like his spartan look.

Also, doesn't that minicon remind you of this:

Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752472)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 6th, 2016 @ 1:04am CST
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752480)
Posted by Mechastrike on January 6th, 2016 @ 4:33am CST
Overload reminds me of Magnus a bit and yes i'm aware of Armada Overload is sometimes compared to Ultra Magnus.

as for the mini-cons, i'm thinking... Bakugan.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752502)
Posted by worldsgreatest on January 6th, 2016 @ 8:23am CST
Overload and Blizzard Drift popped into stock at HTS and Entertainment Earth back at the beginning of December.

Picked up Overload, and man is he sweet. Excellent transformation, excellent gimmick, striking deco, cool battle mask, and unique articulation for a Deployer.

Honestly one of my top figures of the year in any category.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752505)
Posted by no-one on January 6th, 2016 @ 8:34am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:I gotta say, I wasn't expecting the transformation to be as cool as it was, the way the tank leaves the treads on the ground is awesome; always nice to see new innovations for a standard archetype of transformers 8-)
The treads are badass. I was hoping for more arm articulation. Overlord does have a very cool silhouette. I'll probably get him and deployer Drift if I find a good sale just for the minicons.

Hoping for a warrior Overlord though. Maybe some of that Fracture lightning will strike twice.
Re: Sighting - Robots in Disguise Mini-con 4 pack Found at ToysRUs (1752508)
Posted by william-james88 on January 6th, 2016 @ 8:44am CST
carytheone wrote:

There is one added factor to him being better than the other two deployers: the minicons he propels roll. That makes a huge difference for me since it adds a beautiful element of playability where the minicon covers a much greater distance. It would be like in the Star Wars Prequels where those all droids would roll around and transform to shoot at the jedi.

I might actually get this one if the price becomes right.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Series Lot. Opened. Optimus Prime, Havoc, Wheelie, Skids and" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class SIDESWIPE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Dragonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers QUINTESSON DESEEUS Army Drone Netflix WFC Walmart Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY