Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron

Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron

Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 6:33pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 56,218

The website for Activision's forthcoming Transformers game War for Cybertron has added two new character profiles: the Autobot Silverbolt and the Decepticon Brawl. Scroll down to see the images and bios.

The bios and more information on the game can be found on the game's website here: http://www.transformersgame.com

Credit(s): Activision

Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071369)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:46pm CDT
First Combiner guys! I think I seen Swindle and one of the Aerialbots too. Maybe Onslaught... :-? :???:
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071372)
Posted by Diem on May 5th, 2010 @ 6:48pm CDT
There's a few now...Breakdown and Air Raid for example.
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071382)
Posted by JazZeke on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:09pm CDT
Heh, "pet weapon of mass destruction." I loved that line from the Titan movieverse comics, nice to see it reused.
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071390)
Posted by DecepticonKing86 on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071392)
Posted by vegetacron on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
DecepticonKing86 wrote:Okay, here we go. Brawl is a tank, does that mean he is leader class instead of warrior? And Silverbolt's bio says warrior, but he is a plane, does that mean he is gonna be a scout?

Hell if i know anymore. Probably supporting characters in story mode for all i know. I thought these were all multiplayer premades designed to show off the creative diversity of their multiplayer bot creator engine, but yeah, warrior plane does not work well with that theory.
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071395)
Posted by Julie85 on May 5th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CDT
Silverbolt looks so awesome!

The more new information and pictures I see, the more I think: I can't wait until June 22. I need this game right now right now right now!!!
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071404)
Posted by Blurrz on May 5th, 2010 @ 8:08pm CDT
These need toys. The design looks phenomenal!
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071437)
Posted by Lastjustice on May 5th, 2010 @ 9:32pm CDT

The main game probably doesn't follow the class system as closely as it's not worried about balance of player vs player. The players will be fighting huge bosses, have fight through dozens of enemies and will likely give the heroes on both sides of the war better powers to do so.

Multiplayer mode has tone characters down, why there's no named characters availible for it. They side step having uber characters in campaign to multiplayer by making them all customs.

It won't fall into the pit fall of revenge of the fallen's multiplayer mode of overpowering all the flyers.(it is fun, but horribly unbalanced as G1 Starscream is just too powerful.) The flyers seem be the support class of the lot, so they will need to strafe around others in order to win or lend a hand since they likely can't go hit for hit with the tougher classes.

It looks good so far. I will probably break down and finally pick up a next gen system rather than keep playing my brother's systems and friends hehe.
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071468)
Posted by First-Aid on May 6th, 2010 @ 12:31am CDT
Lastjustice wrote:

I tell ya, I have seen so many people commenting on how this game is making them buy next-gen systems that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo really need to take notice: you're selling a ton of new systems just on the strength of this ONE GAME! :KREMZEEK:

I agree about the characters in the game vs. the characters in PvP. You can be more liberal with the designs in the storyline of the game, but PvP is something different altogether (and everyone says: "but PvP is something different"...Airplane FTW!). You have to have more control...especially with the options we have to create characters.
Re: Silverbolt and Brawl revealed for War for Cybertron (1071514)
Posted by Lastjustice on May 6th, 2010 @ 4:18am CDT
Well I've been meaning buy a new system for awhile. I had something unfortunate wipe out my money for a couple years, otherwise I'd likely owned one already. I've been catching up on games for my PS2, playing whatever my PC can handle, and ultimately putting off buying a next gen system since they were enough money between the system, the overpriced controllers, and games. (which you probably wanna buy a newer TV go with it.) So I just couldn't justify the cost with so many things I really needed to pay for. (plus I got a girlfriend so that prolonged me staying in debt.)

Now finally being on top of everything, life is good. My car hasn't exploded for the dozen time as I got a new. I might actually be able spring for a new system, especially since the price tags have come down. The 20 something me would probably had a PS3 back when they first came out, as I got my PS2 right away.

So no it's not just this game. It's been something I've wanted for awhile I feel like I own it to myself as a gamer. It might finally be time hehe.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers age of extinction snarl" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLUG" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DELUXE CLASS CROSSHAIRS & HOT SHOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #2 Decepticon Stinger from Age of Extinction*Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug figure with 1 sword and manual" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug Evolution 2-Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Hot Shot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction  FIRST EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME Gift Kid Toy Robot" on EBAY