Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set

Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 6:15pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Comic Book News, People News, Company News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 27,354

Once again Simon Furman has updated his blog. In his latest entry Furman reveals that he has finished the eight page mini-comic that will come with Madman’s complete G1 DVD set. The events in the story take place at the end of season 2 and before the movie. The comic will attempt to bridge the gap between TV show and movie, show the current state of Earth and Cybertron, and foreshadow a defining event in the movie itself. The art for the comic is done by Nick Roche. Read the entire entry by clicking here.

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107604)
Posted by Cyberstrike on May 2nd, 2007 @ 6:25pm CDT
I wonder if it'll get released in the states by IDW?
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107606)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 2nd, 2007 @ 6:27pm CDT
Thats a nice added touch, I wasn't sure what the comic book was going to deal with, although 8 pages is fairly short.

Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107617)
Posted by Kayevcee on May 2nd, 2007 @ 6:40pm CDT

-Nick (not that Nick)
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107632)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 2nd, 2007 @ 6:57pm CDT
Kayevcee wrote:That's a lot to pack into 8 pages. Still, if anyone's up to it, it's Simon and oor Nick.

-Nick (not that Nick)

Sorry, but I don't expect much here. I mean, season two ended in 1985. The movie takes place in 2005. The only way 20 years of backstory can be fit within 8 pages is via a timeline. Of course, I doubt he'll attempt to cover everything.
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107654)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 2nd, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
Cyberstrike wrote:I wonder if it'll get released in the states by IDW?

I seriously doubt it, unless it is tacked onto the end of a TPB as an extra, and the only one it would make any kind of sense with is the 1985 movie comic. In which case it would need to be tacked on to the front,as a prequel.

Roboto750 wrote:Of course, I doubt he'll attempt to cover everything.

Im thinking it might be more of a "Decepticons attack and regather Cybertron, Autobots set up Moonbase's and Autobot City" for the first half, and then maybe a little explanation of what happened to certain bots in the 20 year gap.
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107665)
Posted by jgilkinson on May 2nd, 2007 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107675)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 2nd, 2007 @ 7:37pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:too short... we need something like a 4 or 6 comic spread for something like that

My point exactly! In addition, Furman is a great writer, but I would really like to see a writer from the original series or movie tackle this (if it were a mini series, that is).
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107732)
Posted by Grimshock on May 2nd, 2007 @ 8:36pm CDT
Yeah, too short. Silly to even try. But, of course, Furman is always up for trying silly things.
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (107742)
Posted by Bartrim on May 2nd, 2007 @ 8:42pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I really wish Madman had nopt released their various boxsets beforehand, or at least have said that they were going to release a set like this, as I would have waited for it.

Yeah I agree. I'm pretty sure that if I buy this my wife will be seriously upset with me.
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (108018)
Posted by the purifyer on May 3rd, 2007 @ 1:40am CDT
...oh fantastic... yeah just string all the dvd sets into one box put in an interesting comic in when I already bought Madman's G1 DVDs. Breaking my balls man breaking my balls...
They did the same with the damn robotech and eva dvds...but that was about 4 fold worse.
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (108040)
Posted by Leonardo on May 3rd, 2007 @ 2:22am CDT
I'd be really interested to read this. Will it be treated as cartoon canon?
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (108332)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 3rd, 2007 @ 7:55am CDT
I can't wait to read it(online)!
Re: Simon Furman Finishes G1 Mini-Comic for Madman’s DVD Set (108402)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 3rd, 2007 @ 9:04am CDT
I'de leke too read it and have the box, but mony... so sad.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY