Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..."

Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..."

Saturday, September 29th, 2007 6:04am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 18,836

"Now jump on one foot!..." I didn't say Simon says...but here is what Mr. Furman has had to say about Spotlight Blaster.

According to his BLOG, Simon has been reading about the various reactions to Chris Ryall's earlier announcement of the new upcoming Spotlight Blaster. He felt the need to give us a little more detail on what the story is about, and exactly what Blaster we will be seeing: the flamboyant, rhyming TV version, or the self-sacrificing, cunning leader, that we saw in Marvel comics:

There are no spoilers per se, but you will learn a bit more about the series from Simon Furman:

"So in Spotlight Blaster we meet not one but two new versions of Blaster, a before and after. Before/after what, you might ask. Well, let's just say there's an element of murder/mystery (without the murder per se) about this particular Spotlight, as a killer (and perhaps even a traitor) stalks the Autobot Command Hub, out finish something they started a while ago. But what about Blaster himself? Well, he's certainly loud and bombastic, and his 'voice' is pretty much what defines him and his role in the larger scheme of things. But, as the story opens, circumstances have left him a shellshocked shadow of his former self, initiating an exploration of who, once you strip away the larger-than-life bluff and bluster, the real Blaster is. Expect a host of cool cameos, a link to one of the other existing Spotlights and a dramatic new direction for the focal character that will (eventually) affect the 'ongoing.' For those of you who felt Galvatron and Optimus Prime maybe weren't self-contained enough for the Spotlight format, hopefully Blaster will fulfil all the criteria."

Spotlight Blaster is scheduled to be released in January 2008!

So you can start making your speculations based on this, the newest information that we have!

I bolded some parts to highlight a theory that I have, as well as some of the more major points of what Simon said (Ha!), that I think others will catch onto. Of course, I am probably wrong, but speculating about the direction, history, and characters in the IDW universe is quickly becoming a favorite, time-consuming past time of many in our community.

Seibertron.com Comic Book News...fulfilling your questions, one report at a time.

Credit(s): TFW 2005

Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370355)
Posted by steve2275 on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:20am CDT
sounds cool
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370358)
Posted by Insurgent on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:27am CDT
Hmmm. I think I'll pick this up then.

I also have my own theories based on this. To share here, or in the IDW theories thread?
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370365)
Posted by Stormwolf on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:41am CDT
I think that Blaster is going after Doubledealer or Nightbeat. :-?
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370372)
Posted by Leonardo on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:50am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Hmmm. I think I'll pick this up then.

Share at both sites. Copy and paste!
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370375)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:53am CDT
I agree, you can share in both spots!

Or if you don't want to go in depth here, make sure to do so in the IDW theories thread.
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370376)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:55am CDT

Oh yeah!!!!!
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370531)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 29th, 2007 @ 9:05am CDT
I'll look forward to this
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370618)
Posted by Patrick Bateman on September 29th, 2007 @ 9:55am CDT
Agreed with Stormwold on the Doubledealer possibility.
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370886)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 29th, 2007 @ 11:33am CDT
The Dealer thing is what I was thinking since they are looking for a traitor, and it also ties to another spotlight.
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370892)
Posted by Bass X0 on September 29th, 2007 @ 11:36am CDT
Doubledealer isn't a known traitor (yet...) - I don't think Doubledealer would slip up and let his secret out - he's too clever and devious to do that.
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (370990)
Posted by Insurgent on September 29th, 2007 @ 12:58pm CDT
Well, I was thinking Doubledealer. But what about....

Counterpunch?

It could be that Counterpunch is a seperate personality to Punch that can take over the body at will, commit the dirty deed, then transform back into Punch with Punch being none the wiser of what happened. He suffers memory blackouts, but is too scared of what he's doing to tell anyone, while Counterpunch is aware of everything that Punch is doing.

I know it doesn't tie into another spotlight, but this is Furman. It could be a totally seperate incident that ties into something else. Since Perceptors there, I'm gonna say it ties into Kup. He is there, getting healed, and Blaster goes to see him, when he encounters Punch/Counterpunch.

I'll stick the next part in the theory thread, to avoid spoiling anything for those that ain't looked at the preview.
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (371003)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 29th, 2007 @ 1:05pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:Well, I was thinking Doubledealer. But what about....

Counterpunch?

I knew it!
That Armada Prime liking guy canot be trusted! :P

Sounds cool, I just hope close encounters will keep it for me!
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (371385)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 29th, 2007 @ 6:03pm CDT
Well that certainly puts the near dead Blaster Image into perspective.

My first thoughts about the traitor were Doubledealer, him exposing himself as a spy/double agent could really be a body blow to Hotrod...
Re: Simon Says, "Spotlight Blaster Details..." (371641)
Posted by Stormrider on September 29th, 2007 @ 9:04pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if before was 'Blaster' (Broadcast), and after was Twincast???

Oh yeah!!!!!

That was my first thought too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY