Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister

Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 11:30pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,068

While we almost had a year to get acquainted with the fact that the price points in the Transformers Siege line are not indicative of the size of the main robot, some people were still wondering just how tall Siege leader class Astrotrain would be. It was expected that he would be almost voyager height, maybe slightly shorter than the faction leaders and that is exactly what is happening. He will be about the height of fellow Decepticon Shockwave from what we can gather in the images below. Now remember, as with Shockwave, he can be given boots to be taller and of course comes with many accessories that can interplay with all his 3 modes. These are the first in hand images of the toy and they come from Transformers Overdrive on Facebook. The toy should be hitting shelves in December.

Transformers News: Size Comparisons of Show Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime

Credit(s): Transformers Overdrive on Facebook

Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040371)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 2nd, 2019 @ 11:38pm CDT
To anyone getting him in: comparisons with TR Blitzwing and Octone, or their moldmates Megatron and Optimus Prime please?
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040372)
Posted by Skritz on October 2nd, 2019 @ 11:43pm CDT
In 2024, Leader price tag will be Deluxe sized! :lol:
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040374)
Posted by bodrock on October 2nd, 2019 @ 11:45pm CDT
That Astrotrain is way too cool to pass up!
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040375)
Posted by Deadput on October 2nd, 2019 @ 11:54pm CDT

Would people really want a Shockwave or Astrotrain that was way taller then Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave?

The Leader size point also allows them to be less hollow and more solid.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040376)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 2nd, 2019 @ 11:59pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Besides a few characters like Overlord most characters were way to damn big in the leader size class, at least in generations, Titans Return Blaster/Soundwave being an example.

The Leader size point also allows them to be less hollow and more solid.

I agree on most of your points, but honestly I would've loved an Astrotrain at full leader size. Since he's sometimes a transport unit for the entire Decepticon army I think it would make sense if he was a giant bruiser. I know it wouldn't be accurate to G1 but I like some more exaggerated size differences like MTMTE or Animated characters.

Love Shockwave just how he is, though. :CON:
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040385)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:06am CDT

The Leader size point also allows them to be less hollow and more solid.
I didn't ask for Astrotrain to be a Leader class to begin with. Him and Shockwave are rip offs. I'm sticking with the Takara Legends Astrotrain since Spinister is the only wave 5 figure that stands out in these pictures.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040386)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:30am CDT

The Leader size point also allows them to be less hollow and more solid.

It would be nice not to have the hands the size of a toddlers to hold shockwave in gun mode, so if ended up being bigger than megatron I'd be fine with it. Same if they do Galvatron or megatron with his gun mode. Even TR six shot could have done with being a little bit bigger than he was.

The TR soundwave/blaster may be oversized (and look cool in alt mode with titans) but at least its getting value for money instead of being ripped off with siege leaders for the most part price wise.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040387)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 3rd, 2019 @ 7:42am CDT
I love the fact that Hasbro has made such a big deal about keeping characters in scale, though I am not a fan of voyager size figures being leader price points.

that said though, I love shockwave a ton, and astrotrain looks just as fantastic. so much so that I will get him and replace classics astrotrain on my shelf, which is my favorite classics figure, so thats saying something

back to scale however, astrotrain is a character who's scale seemed to fluxuate from episode to episode. like in the episode the god gambit he is huge, sometines shown much bigger then starscream, then in tripple takeover hes the same size as starscream.

this happened with Grimlock a bit too. hell, in season 3 he was the same size as rodimus is some episodes

... and now I want a new grimlock in the same scale as siege jetfire

decepticons are all about as tall as megatron. megatron and optimus were the same size, autobots were all smaller then optimus... yet somehow austobots were also the same size as the decepticons. Mass shifting isn't just for transforming (I know this isn't true across all episodes)
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040391)
Posted by mattysan on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:08am CDT
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040399)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 3rd, 2019 @ 11:15am CDT
Why didn't they just sell him as a Voyager class to begin with?.....I may not get him now now...just pass on him like I did Shockwave...I do not feel like paying 50 bucks for a Voyager class with extra parts...just like Shockwave..I feel this is a RIP off....
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040410)
Posted by YRQRM0 on October 3rd, 2019 @ 12:09pm CDT
I guess with his car attachment he's worth the price...but I hate to see how small his bot mode is all the same. I regret Shockwave because I really don't care for his extra parts, so I'll probably be passing on Astro sadly.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040419)
Posted by william-james88 on October 3rd, 2019 @ 12:40pm CDT

Those leader class figures werent meant to scale with the others, just with themselves as Budget MPs. But that reminds me, now they all feel ultra redundant since I have MPs anyway, might be time to sell.

I think people are more pissed at the idea that it says leader class and isnt a big toy, regardless if it would scale or not. Might be time to revert back to 5 years ago where there was at most 1 leader class toy a year.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040421)
Posted by sol magnus on October 3rd, 2019 @ 12:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I think the 50 price tag is part of the issue as well. For some reason, Magnus and Prime 'feel' like you're getting a 50 toy, whereas Shockwave and Astrotrain don't give that same 'feeling.'

I'm still getting Astrotrain, and what is saving it is that he segues into the next line. I might have to scoop up the Titans Return one to display him with Siege figures. So, I guess win for Hasbro.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040504)
Posted by bodrock on October 3rd, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
$50 was too much, but I really enjoy Shockwave in “Nemesis” mode ;)
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040528)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 3rd, 2019 @ 4:46pm CDT
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040551)
Posted by Deadput on October 3rd, 2019 @ 5:38pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:

Because value is based on the size of it obviously

That's why phones are the size of laptops right?

I would say that Soundwave and Blaster were not worth the money value because their worse toys then Shockwave, Shockwave's a good toy overall and I got my money's worth from it due to how often I fiddle with the guy as opposed to TR Soundwave who I fiddle with for a few days and put in a tub since there were better figures to not only fiddle with but to scale with my collection.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040562)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 3rd, 2019 @ 6:14pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:

Because value is based on the size of it obviously

That's why phones are the size of laptops right?

Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040609)
Posted by Deadput on October 3rd, 2019 @ 9:23pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I would actually argue the opposite: I feel like my Blaster and Soundwave were better deals than Shockwave. i love Shockwave, but I think that Blaster and Soundwave were more fun for the buck

I'm just bitter about the whole leader class debate.

I don't care what sorta box they come in, just about the quality of the figure itself, the Shockwave figure is a great representation of him and it's a shame fans write him off because he doesn't tower over the rest of the figures, maybe it would of been better if he was a voyager but honest he probably would of been slightly more hollow and such instead of being a "solid" figure.

It's not like Astrotrain is just the figure, he comes with a bunch of accessories and weapons which I feel makes up for it.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040658)
Posted by sol magnus on October 4th, 2019 @ 8:27am CDT
Deadput wrote:

I'm just bitter about the whole leader class debate.

I agree with you on Shockwave. He's totally solid. Voyager sized, but not Voyager quality. I don't regret getting him at all. BEFORE I got him I was wary of the cheap gimmick of extra arms and legs "armor," though.

In this game, it's all about the feelz.
Re: Size Comparisons of Siege Astrotrain with Siege Optimus Prime and Spinister (2040692)
Posted by emlit on October 4th, 2019 @ 1:37pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:FOR ANYONE UNABLE TO ACQUIRE A SMASHDOWN: Fret not, they're being rereleased in Wave 1 of Earthrise according to BBTS. :-D

I was stoked when I first heard this. Best news out of Earthrise so far ;)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron Earthrise Paradron Medic Lifeline - No Gun" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Mini-Con  Slipstream." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Kingdom Lot Of 10 New Hoist Trailbreaker Inferno Scourge" on EBAY