Friday, June 23rd, 2017 1:50pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,820

We have two new Transformers: The Last Knight sightings for you. Mission to Cybertron Skullitron and Megatron were found at Toysrus (their exclusive retailer) in Los Angeles by TFW2005 user keldroc. A user from the same site, prime roller found Series 2 of the fan favourite Tiny Turbo changers in a Taiwan toysrus. This is the first worldwide sighting for these new toys. Hopefully there will be an identification guide shortly. That is the wave that includes Megatron, Barricade and Sqweeks. The wrapper is almost identical aside from having "Series 2" in the upper right side.

Transformers News: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan

Credit(s): prime roller and keldroc

Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891855)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:05pm CDT
I missed the bit where it says Taiwan and thought those were some insanely expensive Tiny Turbos there. :O
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891864)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:19pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:If I were fighting a giant robot and had my choice of weapons? I'd go with the fusion cannon, not a toothpick.

Ah, yes, the classic question - who needs a knife in a nuke fight?
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891868)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Man, I may end up buying all of wave 3...

You'll get Strafe too?

Forgot about him. Nope.

I am a bit on the fence about Crosshair and Drift, mainly cause Drift is so different in terms of color and stuff and Crosshairs because the alt mode looks much better.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891873)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:40pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Man, I may end up buying all of wave 3...

You'll get Strafe too?

Forgot about him. Nope.

Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891874)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Man, I may end up buying all of wave 3...

You'll get Strafe too?

Forgot about him. Nope.

Well, considering you and I have about similar tastes in titans return toys but strangely opposite opinions on movie toys, I take this as a sign I should get him anyway!
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891875)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:41pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Drift is a really poor attempt at a toy. It takes away anything good the original mold had and makes it worse. If you arent a fan of pieces not tabbing in and floating around, avoid him at all cost.
But that red looks soooo good on him. Much better than the blue in AoE. Or maybe that was just on screen...
Carnivius wrote:I don't own Leader Megs but I've had Voyager for a while and comparing to the Leader Megs pics and videos they are very different figures in transformation and such. One big example is that Leader Megs simply swings his jet wings behind his back in robot mode, whereas Voyager Megatron's wings fold in segments around his legs below the knee surprisingly neatly. The front and cockpit of the jet mode forms Leader Meg's fusion cannon whereas on Voyager that area folds up behind him and the fusion cannon is actually stored very tidily (still permanently attached to arm) into the central rear of the jet. I prefer the small size of the Voyager's fusion cannon. Looks much neater to me and probably more movie accurate. Obviously the big feature the Leader has over the Voyager is the battle mask feature of the head. I do wish they'd include alternate heads with figures like Voyager Primes and this Megatron so you could swap them at any time since the Leader gimmick is probably too tricky to do at the smaller size. Also the Leader class has those cool flame accessories but you can probably find or make similar items to use on any TF figure. I think there's even small companies that produce various flame/energy/gunfire pieces for action figures anyway.

Obviously this is all just my opinion owning the Voyager Megatron and loving it very much. If the battle mask and larger size of the Leader suits you more than consider buying that one. For me the Voyager suits my Megatron needs just fine.
Thanks for the description. Sounds like the leader is more my preference, even though I would like the cannon to be more integrated into the jet mode, like the voyager has it. But with the battle mask (which I think it pretty cool) and his sheer size, I think I will go with the leader class. I really don't care for the flame/cannon fire pieces, I just see them as useless extra pieces. I will probably leave them in the box. It's what I did with voyager Prime's blue shield.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891876)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I can't help but think of Double Dragons when I think of the two next to each other.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891877)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

The unpainted red on the toy looks a bit bland but a simple wash of black ink really brings out the details nicely.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891880)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:50pm CDT
No colour scheme could possibly make that horrific design any good. >:oP

I'm just glad a lot more effort went into better, cooler designs like Nitro and Cogman.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891883)
Posted by Overcracker on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:53pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

A bit more than wash but, yes it does make it look leagues better:
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891884)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:56pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

A bit more than wash but, yes it does make it look leagues better:

Yeah, that one looks gorgeous. I just meant if you don't have the time or skills for a full custom paint job, then black wash is always quick and easy to just add some nice black line definition to details. Similar to how a dry brushing of silver paint can make areas look more metallic. :)
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891886)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 23rd, 2017 @ 2:57pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Cobotron wrote:gentleman's weapon.
That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? If a man uses a weapon, regardless of its nature, then he's not a gentleman.

Not true at all. Why should willingness to defend himself and others (especially those unable to defend themselves) rule out gentlemanhood? Gentlemenness? Being a gentleman.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891888)
Posted by Kurona on June 23rd, 2017 @ 3:01pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Cobotron wrote:gentleman's weapon.

Yeah; depends entirely on context and the mindset, reasons and justification behind using a weapon. I don't want to turn this thread into a theological discussion about peace vs. war and the price of death or weapons or whatever, but I highly disagree with 'using a weapon means you can't possibly be a gentleman'. Just a bit silly, really.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891898)
Posted by william-james88 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 3:27pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Man, I may end up buying all of wave 3...

You'll get Strafe too?

Forgot about him. Nope.

Get him, I dare you :twisted:
Any fans of unpainted toys will be in heaven handling this guy.

Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891905)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 3:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Also, lets wait till you get Sqweeks before we fully judge our opposing taste. I believe he is the best toy so far and I look forward to knowing your thoughts on him.

Speaking of Sqweeks; He doesn't transform in the film (the state he was in, i couldn't blame him really. poor lil fellow) but I've been using his toy's scooter mode for Mikaela as she has a very similar one in the first film (ok this figure is April O'Neil from 2014 TMNT but it's still Megan Fox and could easily have a repainted outfit. Annoying lack of knee joints but the plastic is soft enough that heated up I could probably bend the legs just fine at the knees)

I still love Sqweeks both the toy and onscreen character. Easily my fave 'cute' robot ever. I may say that Voyager Megs is my fave TLK toy so far though for opposite reasons like Megs is as badass as Sqweeks is cute and they both have fun and satisfying transformations I've done back and forth many times already without any issues.

By the way, TFWIKI states on Sqweeks toy info " Sqweek's vehicle mode headlight piece does not have any glue holding it in place and tends to pop out during transformation. " But the headlight piece on mine doesn't come off at all even with me forcibly pulling on it. A factory error on theirs or a running change?
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891927)
Posted by kinggrimlock02 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891928)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:19pm CDT
kinggrimlock02 wrote:does anyone know if theres going to be a wave 3, some of you are talking like you know there is one

That's cos there is. Wave 3 is what has the Deluxe class Bumblebee (the all new one), Cogman (the headmaster), Crosshairs (retooled from AoE), Strafe (recolored from AoE) and Voyager Class Nitro and Scorn.
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891930)
Posted by kinggrimlock02 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:23pm CDT
tell me how you know this, i need to see for myself, ive been wanting these for ages
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891931)
Posted by kinggrimlock02 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
as i meant by wave 3, i mean for tiny turbo changers, is there a wave 3?
Re: Skullitron and Megatron Found in the US and Tiny Turbo Changers Wave 2 Found in Taiwan (1891932)
Posted by kinggrimlock02 on June 23rd, 2017 @ 5:40pm CDT
is there a wave 3 for tiny turbo chargers? i need to know!!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY