Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled

Transformers News: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled

Thursday, April 5th, 2012 3:21pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,783

While this probably won't come as a surprise to those who have followed this project, the 2011 Slagacon exclusive Vector Zeta has now been officially cancelled. The Powermaster style upgrade for Classics Optimus Prime was plagued with production issues, and now a lack of communication from the manufacturer has lead to the set's cancellation. Refunds for the remaining pre-orders will be issued.

We are sad to report that the Vector Zeta toys are not going to be produced. We have not heard from the manufacturer in an extended period of time which leads us to believe that he is not going to follow through with his commitment to this project. With that being said, we are going to issue refunds to the remain people who have orders for these sets.
Chad Williams is currently selling off his entire collection of TF’s in order to make these refunds happen. It is not going to be a fast process but everyone will be paid back in full. We hope to have this completed sooner than later but it could take as long as till Slagacon 2012 in October.
We are deeply sorry for all the issues that you as fans have weathered in order to see these projects completed. We also apologize for the length of time it will take for some of you to get you refunds. Chad feels personally responsible and want to insure you, he is doind everything he can to get these refunds to you as fast as possible.

Our Deepest Apologies!

Credit(s): Slag-A-Con

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 5th, 2012 3:54pm CDT

Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366157)
Posted by RAcast on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:24pm CDT
That's such a shame. :\ That looks like it would have been pretty great.

This is that powermaster-esque thing we got concept pictures of awhile ago, right?
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366158)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CDT
RAcast wrote:That's such a shame. :\ That looks like it would have been pretty great.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you just aren't familiar with the reaction this thing got when the prototype was shown. It looked awful and got a lot of negative reaction. I suspect that has something to do with the cancellation.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366162)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:41pm CDT

OUCH.

Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366164)
Posted by WolfDawg on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:50pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:I didn't hate the thing, but I never thought news of its cancellation would make me sad. And then...some guy behind this con has to sell off his entire collection?!?

OUCH.

I highly doubt it's because of legal action. These 3rd party products are not easy to make, and I'm guessing there were production problems. It's expensive to produce molds and get factories and such to mass produce figures even at a limited amount. I'm sure it was a daunting task, and when pictures surfaced of how half assed the thing looked, people started backing out. This was most likely one of those situations where at the rate things were going, it would have been more expensive to take a chance on producing the figure than to hurry up and back out (even if that meant selling off a collection).

I'm sorry the guy has to sell off his collection, but I guess that's part of the risk associated with entrepreneurship...which is basically what creating 3rd party TF products is.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366167)
Posted by RAcast on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

Eh, big and chunky robots just do it for me, lol (hint hint, my avatar). And I'm quite unfamiliar with the reaction, I'm afraid. I just remember seeing the prototype pictures awhile ago.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366170)
Posted by El Duque on April 5th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Hopefully this was the result of an unscrupulous manufacturer, and not legal action against 3rd Party stuff. Please correct me if the latter option is nothing but paranoid conspiracy talk.

This was really never a "third-party" item, more of custom piece, but no it has nothing to do with any sort of crack down. Just an unscrupulous manufacturer who hung Chad out to dry.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366174)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CDT
While I DID want this to be more widely available and affordable... It's heartbreaking to think of anyone selling off their collection like this. I'm gonna tip out a drink for my homey... and put on this black armband. :-(
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366175)
Posted by GetRightRobot on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

I never ordered one of these, but I have kept tabs on the turmoil. El_Duque is ABSOLTELY correct. This had nothing to do with Hasbro, but rather a con artist, garage based toy maker who took the money and ran. Albeit with a lot of stories, complications and excuses. I hate that this has come down on Chad's shoulders, he seems like a good person.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366181)
Posted by Kibble on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:18pm CDT
That sucks... Can there not be anything done legally to either get the money back or the product that was paid for from this manufacturer? Although I supposed they were probably based in China or something where legal schmegal...
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366182)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
didn't think anyone actually wanted this thing to begin with. Sucks he has to sell off his collection, though it kind of seems like a lame tactic to try and get sympathy from those screwed over in this whole deal.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366186)
Posted by thunderjacker on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:32pm CDT
i was one of the fans who had purchased an order for this set and therefore been following this disaster closely. in the end, i believe everyone is at fault. the designer/manufacturer who believed he could provide almost two hundred quality sets, when even the prototype was not finished. the convention organizers who were extremely naive to think that it would be ready by the time of the convention and myself for not seeing all these factors in the first place...again, this was a total disaster that common sense could have prevented.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366192)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 5th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
Real shame what happened here.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366203)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 5th, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
It's too bad. I didn't really like the exclucive myself, but it was an amibitious attept to give that con something special. It sucks that this cost them so much money.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366204)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 5th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Yeah, it really sucks he has to sell of his entire collection for this. Indeed, my heart does go out to him.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366211)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 5th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CDT
Well, this blows all around. I really wanted one of these I don't know Chad but he's doing the stand up thing here and I'd like to help him out if possible. Maybe buying one of the prototypes he showed months ago or something. If anybody has his email, PM me with it.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366212)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 5th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CDT
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366218)
Posted by Hellscream85 on April 5th, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
For an exclusive, I feel a PM Prime kit should have been a trailer that could transform just like G1 PM Prime, only with more articulation, made for Legends class G1 Prime
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366230)
Posted by Stormrider on April 5th, 2012 @ 6:16pm CDT
Can someone post a picture? My memory of this one is foggy.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366231)
Posted by F Prime on April 5th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:they need to stop making transformers that combine with others that people dont have. or in my case dont want to remove from its current display to stick in the chest of this thing. also i would not have payed over 30 bucks for it.

Luckily, no one is forced to buy any of these. :) There are some who wanted this and I feel badly for them. (I was not one of them.)

I also, like others, feel badly for Chad. I am glad he is taking personal responsibility and not leaving the d00ds who ordered this out to dry.
Re: Slagacon 2011 Exclusive Vector Zeta Officially Cancelled (1366232)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 5th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Can someone post a picture? My memory of this one is foggy.

it was this turd

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers DOTM HA Backfire with Spike MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Berserker Sixwing! White Micromaster Combiner 2003 Takara Chase Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2017 The Last Knight Premium Series Deluxe Decepticon Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1984 Insecticon Bombshell complete nice shape G1 80's toys    513" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Toys R Us TRU Infernocus & Quintessa 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation Power of the Primes POTP Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS Prime DEAD END Double Laser Swords OOP DELUXE Figure Sealed NEW" on EBAY