Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside

Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside

Friday, August 21st, 2015 7:20pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 21,685

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The latest Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye preview is up on iTunes. Issue #44 has an expected release date of September 2. Just be cautious as the following three page preview mirrored below has big things happening and contains spoilers.
















Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719782)
Posted by CombaticonsCombine? on August 21st, 2015 @ 8:08pm CDT
Glad to see Megatron getting a bit more integrated with the Lost Lighters.

His Vos line made me smile, and Hot Rod carrying Thunderclash's WALL just to have a map to Cyberutopia...

I'm looking fore-ward to this issue, that's for sure.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719784)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 21st, 2015 @ 8:10pm CDT
preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!


So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719787)
Posted by Yweggo on August 21st, 2015 @ 8:20pm CDT
Magnus' line on the fourth panel of page three about sums up most of the series.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719800)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 21st, 2015 @ 9:30pm CDT
Finally: The necrobot returns! And Megs is actually trying to run with the banter. yay! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719809)
Posted by Randomhero on August 21st, 2015 @ 9:58pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!


So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.


You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719827)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!


So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.


You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.



Well I was being sarcastic the the ALL THE SPOILERS especially if you consider how many ones where mixed in with the exclamation marks. Plus even though the sneak peak noted spoilers, i'm sure someone would've been asked me, or told me I should've put those points in the spoiler text


. As for the Ultra magnus being Tarn, I see it being plausible. However there are multiple reasons as to why I don't believe in that is mostly because the characteristics, such as the love of music as being coincidental. I doubt that Minumus Ambus would assume every characteristic of the previous ultra mangni, or at the least the first, considering there are inconsistencies between all of them. The only thing that lends credence is the fact someone knew about the panic button, and the fact someone was inside ultra magnus, however that could also have been coincidental, or someone other than tarn removed magnus's hand. I'm still more inclined to believe it's roller because we had an entire issue showing roller had many of the same tendencies and traits as tarn, and went MIA. The original Ultra Magnus has not shown any of the same personality traits, much less addictive personality traits in autocracy, monstrosity and primacy. Nor has it been hinted that the original Ultra Magnus was a loadbearer in armor, meaning that he wouldn't have had knowledge of the panic button in the palm either. Adding to that, the magnus armor we know Minimus Ambus to wear, as well as the previous load bearers, was created after the original Ultra Magnus's death. Another point, is that of some speculation. Chief Justice Tyrest would be one of the few people to probably know the circumstance under which the Original Ultra Magnus died, and used that information to build the magnus armor. Not first hand, but it's not unlikely he found out how he died, or how he didn't. If it were the latter it would've probably been noted at some point from some of the higher ups including Tyrest.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719844)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 22nd, 2015 @ 12:10am CDT
I'm still sticking with my theory that Dominus Ambus is Tarn. also like the idea of Skids being Vos :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719898)
Posted by Randomhero on August 22nd, 2015 @ 6:40am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!


So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.


You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.



Well I was being sarcastic the the ALL THE SPOILERS especially if you consider how many ones where mixed in with the exclamation marks. Plus even though the sneak peak noted spoilers, i'm sure someone would've been asked me, or told me I should've put those points in the spoiler text


. As for the Ultra magnus being Tarn, I see it being plausible. However there are multiple reasons as to why I don't believe in that is mostly because the characteristics, such as the love of music as being coincidental. I doubt that Minumus Ambus would assume every characteristic of the previous ultra mangni, or at the least the first, considering there are inconsistencies between all of them. The only thing that lends credence is the fact someone knew about the panic button, and the fact someone was inside ultra magnus, however that could also have been coincidental, or someone other than tarn removed magnus's hand. I'm still more inclined to believe it's roller because we had an entire issue showing roller had many of the same tendencies and traits as tarn, and went MIA. The original Ultra Magnus has not shown any of the same personality traits, much less addictive personality traits in autocracy, monstrosity and primacy. Nor has it been hinted that the original Ultra Magnus was a loadbearer in armor, meaning that he wouldn't have had knowledge of the panic button in the palm either. Adding to that, the magnus armor we know Minimus Ambus to wear, as well as the previous load bearers, was created after the original Ultra Magnus's death. Another point, is that of some speculation. Chief Justice Tyrest would be one of the few people to probably know the circumstance under which the Original Ultra Magnus died, and used that information to build the magnus armor. Not first hand, but it's not unlikely he found out how he died, or how he didn't. If it were the latter it would've probably been noted at some point from some of the higher ups including Tyrest.


Ah but here's the thing, Ambus does take on the characteristics and even improves on them. We've seen through flashbacks that the previous Magnus bearers had ticks and Ambus having OCD has improved in them. Previous Magnus wearers have been shown to be dirty, reckless over charismatic , and wear crooked badges. Things Ambus removed and improved on when taking the mantle. Also, like I said Minimus has OCD so he would take on the characteristics of the person he's trying to become Magnus and be the best. That's why the only people who knew about the armor were not people who figured it out big people who were informed.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719908)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 22nd, 2015 @ 7:55am CDT
I love this discussion guys. This is one of my favorite MTMTE story lines right now, but I don't remember all of these specifics like you do.

I am sure the current Magnus could talk someone to death. That's how they made it seem early on in MTMTE when Tailgate was becoming an Autobot and learning all of the code/rules.

I'm in the camp that still believes Roller is Tarn. However, I like the speculative theory on Dominus and Original Magnus. I already feel let down that agent 113 has been revealed so quickly in this manner.

Skids being Vos being Agent 113... Now that is a fun theory to try to prove.

Sad to have to wait nearly two weeks to read the rest of this.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719917)
Posted by Randomhero on August 22nd, 2015 @ 8:50am CDT
To be fair, Agent 113 is really only for the hardcore fans that read bullets. If you didn't pick up the trade or Hardcover to LSTOW or didn't read it at all then this is your first introduction to that character and concept. Depends on the point of view of fans. I read bullets when it came out, I've seen the theories and personally I'm not bothered by agent 113. This reveal for me was fine because I wasn't invested in the theories and speculation and don't take this personal but the over hypeness of 113
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719926)
Posted by Randomhero on August 22nd, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
I don't believe it's Roller because it's too blatant, that's not how Roberts writes.

One theory I'll throw to you all is this and keep in mind this is just a fun theory. I really think it's Magnus but I have a second theory about Tarn. What if it's Senator Proteus? There's a flaskback of Starscream having Proteus at gunpoint but it didn't show Starscream shoot. What if they took Proteus and performed shadow play on him as an act of revenge for what was done to Shockwave and what was attempted on Megatron. You take the one person who truly started this war, the one person who hated megatron and the Decepticons the most and you turn him into the most loyal soldier ever.

This is just a fun theory.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719931)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 22nd, 2015 @ 11:27am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I don't believe it's Roller because it's too blatant, that's not how Roberts writes.

One theory I'll throw to you all is this and keep in mind this is just a fun theory. I really think it's Magnus but I have a second theory about Tarn. What if it's Senator Proteus? There's a flaskback of Starscream having Proteus at gunpoint but it didn't show Starscream shoot. What if they took Proteus and performed shadow play on him as an act of revenge for what was done to Shockwave and what was attempted on Megatron. You take the one person who truly started this war, the one person who hated megatron and the Decepticons the most and you turn him into the most loyal soldier ever.

This is just a fun theory.

Fun theory nonetheless, and I agree: Roller is too blatant. Roberts surprises people, yet makes the conclusion make complete sense. Roller makes too much sense to me, and considering the interest in Dominus, I feel he has to be involved. He could be Tarn, or even he was the original Vos, not Skids. But Skids is connected somehow to them, as is Magnus. Just gotta find out how :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1719945)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 22nd, 2015 @ 12:33pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:preview discussion WITH ALL OF THE SPOILERS!1!!11!


So i never wanted to say it because it seemed to simple but I always figured since mention 1, the first vos was agent 113 considering he's you know dead, and the only title in the DJD to have a known successor, the Vos Va'al loves/The Vos that loves tears for Fears. I honestly figured roller and tarn being the same person while being true, was a red herring to the identity of the agent. Though if the person on the monitor is the first vos, why dosen't have hooks for hands and feet as mentioned in More than Meets the Eye #29. Though i could be taking that to literally, the mention of hooks on the first Vos's hands and feet could be an exaggeration or just to show monstrous his hooked fingers and toes and/or feet were.


You don't have to make that much blacked out. The fact that there was a Vos with hooks was revealed over a year and half ago and that the DJD replace members when one dies. The only original member of the DJD in my theory is Tarn.

Sorry if I'm being inconsiderate but if you click on the post that says major spoilers than you're entering the discussion and don't mind.

Honestly, Vos was always my guess, but it was the current Vos. Agent 113 being dead makes complete sense because after slaughter house, I find hard to believe anyone in the current DJD roster was a secret Autobot. Especially after the flashbacks of them all partaking in the deaths of over 200 Autobots.

Tarn being Roller, while I was convinced at the time, I have zero faith in that theory. Anymore, it's too blatant.

My personal theory is that Tarn is Ultra Magnus, the original Ultra Magnus. His "death" has never been highlighted except he died but it's never been revealed how he died. Tarn has an affinity for music. We know so does Ultra Magnus. Magnus' favorite music just so happens to be the Empeream Suite,something that is Tarns favorite as well. Now before anyone objects, I know that Ambus/Magnus is the one that loves music. But Minimus Ambus is ultra Magnus. What if the love of music is something that Ambus has adopted after taking the mantle because it was known that the original Magnus has an affection for that song and music in general. Minimus would adopt that love too to keep up the portrayal of Magnus. My other point is that Tarn knows about the Magnus Armor. In slaughter house, tarn goes out of his way to remove Magnus' hand so the recall switch would not be activated upon Minimus' death. Only someone who knew about the Magnus armor would do that, and we know that in the flashback with Brainstorm he would never leak information that could legitimately harm an Autobot so if Braintstorm did know about the switch, he wouldn't have told anyone because that would jeopardize minus' life.

In the end, I really believe Tarn might be the original Magnus' who switched sides or was shadowplayed. A flashback of tarn shows him being rebuilt by bots similar to the ones that performed shadowplay on Shockwave. It's possible that with the reputation the original Magnus has, Megatron wanted him for the Decepticons or he saw Megatron's way was the right way.



Well I was being sarcastic the the ALL THE SPOILERS especially if you consider how many ones where mixed in with the exclamation marks. Plus even though the sneak peak noted spoilers, i'm sure someone would've been asked me, or told me I should've put those points in the spoiler text


. As for the Ultra magnus being Tarn, I see it being plausible. However there are multiple reasons as to why I don't believe in that is mostly because the characteristics, such as the love of music as being coincidental. I doubt that Minumus Ambus would assume every characteristic of the previous ultra mangni, or at the least the first, considering there are inconsistencies between all of them. The only thing that lends credence is the fact someone knew about the panic button, and the fact someone was inside ultra magnus, however that could also have been coincidental, or someone other than tarn removed magnus's hand. I'm still more inclined to believe it's roller because we had an entire issue showing roller had many of the same tendencies and traits as tarn, and went MIA. The original Ultra Magnus has not shown any of the same personality traits, much less addictive personality traits in autocracy, monstrosity and primacy. Nor has it been hinted that the original Ultra Magnus was a loadbearer in armor, meaning that he wouldn't have had knowledge of the panic button in the palm either. Adding to that, the magnus armor we know Minimus Ambus to wear, as well as the previous load bearers, was created after the original Ultra Magnus's death. Another point, is that of some speculation. Chief Justice Tyrest would be one of the few people to probably know the circumstance under which the Original Ultra Magnus died, and used that information to build the magnus armor. Not first hand, but it's not unlikely he found out how he died, or how he didn't. If it were the latter it would've probably been noted at some point from some of the higher ups including Tyrest.


Ah but here's the thing, Ambus does take on the characteristics and even improves on them. We've seen through flashbacks that the previous Magnus bearers had ticks and Ambus having OCD has improved in them. Previous Magnus wearers have been shown to be dirty, reckless over charismatic , and wear crooked badges. Things Ambus removed and improved on when taking the mantle. Also, like I said Minimus has OCD so he would take on the characteristics of the person he's trying to become Magnus and be the best. That's why the only people who knew about the armor were not people who figured it out big people who were informed.


So? That's minmus ambus's OCD because he's an idealist. He has an ideal of who being ultra magnus is, just like any other load bearer in the armor. That dosen't mean he will adopt the traits of the others. He'll improve himself to be what he thinks ultra magnus is. And again, if it's the original Ultra Magnus, how would he know about the features of the magnus armor worn by Minimus Ambus. Even if the original ultra magnus was also a dude in a suit, he wouldn't know about the panic button because that suit, or that version of the magnus armor, was created after his death. I doubt the original ultra magnus also had a recall switch; because that feature was made after his death. The recall switch i there so that upon the death of one Ultra Magnus, the armor and whateve was lef inside it) would be returned to Tyrest so he could find a new enforcer. And again, when it comes ito it, in the issues we've had so far there haven't been mentions of the original Ultra magnus's personality being similar to Tarns, if that were the case, and Minimus Ambus adopted every personality trait of the original, he'd act more like tarn to keep suspicions low of him not being ultra magnus. The original Ultra Magnus, and by extension Lil' Freddy Mercury if he adopted all of the original's traits not to raise suspesions, haven't shown:

An Addictive personality (Even if other people were writing Primacy etc, I'm sure roberts would've asked barber to pass on a note about Ultra Magnus's personality being strange, or else that would've been a magor ball dropped)

A knowledge and respect for Mein Kampf Towards Peace

Respect of Megatron political aspirations.

Empathy, and/or Sympathy to the Decepticon movement pre-war.

An inferiority complex. Tarn has had his body extensively modified, because he felt inferior to the Phase Sixers and their ecuvelents prior to his establishment as Tarn.

Outlier abilities. Tarn is possibly an outlier due to literraly being able to "weaponize conversation"


And if you say, the reason is because shadow play, that's doubtful. We've established Lobe and his assistants joined the decipticons after their time at the institution, and that shadow play dampens or suppresses emotion. Tarn is one of the most passionate emotional people in the canon of More Than Meets the Eye. Most likely their purpose with Tarn no matter who he is, was to oversee, or aid in the extensive, and most likely dangerous body modifications to make him akin to a Phase Sixer.


As for the Dominus Ambus discussion, i also find it plausible, however, here are my problems with that. Dominus authored a work called The Ascetic Cybertronian, in which he wrote, "Pleasure is a distraction from pursuit of truth." IF he believed that, we would see tarn doesn't have things he likes, he wouldn't have his hobbies, it would be shown all that is to tarn is the decipticon cause. It's established tarn likes things outside of that pursuit, music being one, and he's never said anything similar or to that effect to other members of the DJD. If that were the case, then all of them would act like bureaucrats, and not be as much of sadists. There would be an orderly process as how they make examples of people, and not "hey lets put his brain in his mouth, that's got me at half chub". And again, we haven't had anything establishing Dominus had any of the traits seen in Tarn, no addictive personality, no outlier-ness, no inferiority complex, et ceterra. and if he had those, they would've been shown, or mentioned in the alternate timeline, the place we've probably spent the most time with Dominus.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720177)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2015 @ 7:26am CDT
All im saying is look at the clues that Roberts sprinkles around MTMTE. Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus clues were all over the place. Not Minimus himself but the idea that Magnus wasn't the real Magnus. Roberts likes to leave drops not spills. The roller/tarn clues are blatant spills, not drops. There's hints that prove my theories of Magnus being tarn or even proteus. Roberts created proteus when he didn't have to because Senator Decimus was already created back in Megatron Origin. Decimus was more than enough to be the figure head of megatrons push and was for 6 years before MTMTE expanded on megatron origin. Roberts came along and created Proteus who has been extremely important to mtmtes lore and still hasn't had a pay off.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720179)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 23rd, 2015 @ 7:47am CDT
Randomhero wrote:All im saying is look at the clues that Roberts sprinkles around MTMTE. Minimus Ambus/Ultra Magnus clues were all over the place. Not Minimus himself but the idea that Magnus wasn't the real Magnus. Roberts likes to leave drops not spills. The roller/tarn clues are blatant spills, not drops. There's hints that prove my theories of Magnus being tarn or even Proteus. Roberts created proteus when he didn't have to because Senator Decimus was already created back in Megatron Origin. Decimus was more than enough to be the figure head of megatrons push and was for 6 years before MTMTE expanded on megatron origin. Roberts came along and created Proteus who has been extremely important to mtmtes lore and still hasn't had a pay off.


I get what you're saying, Absence Of Evidence Is Not Evidence Of Absence, and I agree, to an extent, but that extent is that the opposite is true. Just because the Original Ultra Magnus hasn't shown the trait similar to Tarn in the "-aracy" comics dosen't mean he can't be; same with Dominus. What i'm saying is, looking at it logistically, I personally can't find evidence to that fact. If I have evidence to the contrary i'll evaluate it, so please provide me evedence. Also, not being a dick, what does "Magnus being tarn or even Proteus" mean,? Last time I checked he was very, very dead. killed by starscream if i'm not mistaken. Also literally beside being a red herring, what purpose would including roller have in the story of more than meets the eye. Or would his story just be saved for issue #100.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720182)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2015 @ 8:19am CDT
We saw Starscream point his gun at him but we didn't see him shoot him. All we saw washim pointing a gun at at proteus . Roberts has never come out and said Proteus is dead. We're led to assume he did but people assume a lot on MTMTE and 9/10 Roberts throws a curveball our way and we never saw it coming. Just like how we saw Pharma fall to his death only to turn up a year later. Everyone thought Pharma died only to survive the fall and be saved by Tyrest. Or even tailgate, he led everyone to believe he led a huge life and we believed it only to reveal he was a garbage man. Flashbacks even showed him doing great stuff like him handing handing a data pad to convince nova pushing to go to the stars where in fact it was probably him handing nova a sanitation report about the Ark.

This is Roberts! He doesn't introduce characters and throws them away. This is just a fun theory I have but if Megatron had the best mnumosurgeon in history and we've seen tarn being rebuilt by lobe, it's very possible Megatron turned Proteus into the thing he utterly hates as the greatest form of irony.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720184)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 23rd, 2015 @ 8:40am CDT
Randomhero wrote:We saw Starscream point his gun at him but we didn't see him shoot him. All we saw washim pointing a gun at at proteus . Roberts has never come out and said Proteus is dead. We're led to assume he did but people assume a lot on MTMTE and 9/10 Roberts throws a curveball our way and we never saw it coming. Just like how we saw Pharma fall to his death only to turn up a year later. Everyone thought Pharma died only to survive the fall and be saved by Tyrest. Or even tailgate, he led everyone to believe he led a huge life and we believed it only to reveal he was a garbage man. Flashbacks even showed him doing great stuff like him handing handing a data pad to convince nova pushing to go to the stars where in fact it was probably him handing nova a sanitation report about the Ark.

This is Roberts! He doesn't introduce characters and throws them away. This is just a fun theory I have but if Megatron had the best mnumosurgeon in history and we've seen tarn being rebuilt by lobe, it's very possible Megatron turned Proteus into the thing he utterly hates as the greatest form of irony.


Again, it's plausible. Even if starscream didn't kill him, I don't see how or particularly why the decepticons would want him alive. Or why from a writing perspective they'd end on that "cliffhanger" on gun to his head, instead of like, "I want to see to him personally starscream!". Not literally i can't remember all of it. I get the irony argument, but you would think that A. that kinda goes against the way Roberts portrays megatron because of his aversion to mnumosurgery in about all forms. And B seems simple enough of an answer that megatron would probably bring it up, like oh yeah, that tarn guy, oh man, we fucked him up, used to be this guy called Proteus. You could say that for every candidate megatron just saying who it is, but with your reasoning Proteus is that it was revenge, which would mean megatron was the one to explicitly call for it. With the other's there's some ambiguity. Maybe megatron didn't know who they were before, or maybe someone else, lobe even, dealt with them, recruiting them and turning them into Tarn. Also we kinda already had something like that happen with ratbat, it'd kinda cheapen the irony of ratbat to say, oh yeah, we did that to another senator. Also, in fairness to pharma, falling off like a precipice is like one of the oldest fake out tropes there is.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720187)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2015 @ 8:49am CDT
But who says Tarn's identity is a secret? Tarn's identity could very much be like how shockwave was handled. Everyone knew who shockwave used to be but after 4 million years it just didn't matter anymore. It's very possible the mystery of Tarn's identity is just for us and not the characters in the book. Prowl made a small comment back in issue 14 that everyone might know who he is and Blup even made a comment before his death that his identity is well known.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720190)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 23rd, 2015 @ 8:54am CDT
Randomhero wrote:But who says Tarn's identity is a secret? Tarn's identity could very much be like how shockwave was handled. Everyone knew who shockwave used to be but after 4 million years it just didn't matter anymore. It's very possible the mystery of Tarn's identity is just for us and not the characters in the book. Prowl made a small comment back in issue 14 that everyone might know who he is and Blup even made a comment before his death that his identity is well known.

Then why has it not been mentioned causally? Shokwave's name, was shockwave before and after. tarn, like the other member of the DJD is just a title. If no one cares, and everyone knows who he is, why not make it a well known fact.
Re: Sneak Peak - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #44 iTunes Previews - Spoilers Inside (1720192)
Posted by Randomhero on August 23rd, 2015 @ 9:09am CDT
Why should it be? It doesn't matter to anyone on the lost light. The DJD have shown up in 6 issues of MTMTE out of 45 issues. While they are a huge threat, they are not the end game in the crews point of view. They are to us-the fans- because we know what's coming but the crew does not. Tarn means nothing to anyone on that ship aside from Megatron but Megatron isn't going around telling the crew everything about the Decepticons because it doesn't matter. How many times has tarn been brought up by anyone on the ship? Never. He means nothing to anyone on that ship and there's never been a point on the lost light because it doesn't matter to them.

Other than what happened on the other lost light and trailbreakers death, the DJD mean nothing to them. While the fans know the DJD are an enormous deal, they're not to a crew of 200 Autobots searching for the knights of cybertron.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY