Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus

Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus

Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 4:49pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 15,864

IDW Publishing's Editor in Chief Chris Ryall has once again updated his blog, this time with two sneak peek previews of EJ Su's lineart for the upcoming Spotlight: Cyclonus.

In good news for fans of the IDW Comic Universe, Ryall also mentions that after holding meetings with Hasbro "we did make some great plans for the next few years of TF comics today, thanks for asking."

To have your own sneak peek at the released art, check out the images below, or head on over to Ryall's blog by clicking here.

Credit(s): Chris Ryall

Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664181)
Posted by ponycorn on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:19pm CDT
Cyclonus can fly, transform, and make a fist. :shock:

Seriously, this was a big tease!
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664193)
Posted by xxaMaxx on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:37pm CDT
ponycorn wrote:Cyclonus can fly, transform, and make a fist. :shock:

Seriously, this was a big tease!

Both sound silly, but Cyclonus is cool. I'm hoping this Spotlight rebuilds the dignity he lost after TFTM. Headmasters, in particular, reduced him to Orko level foolishness.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664199)
Posted by MisterNewUzer on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:40pm CDT
Cyclonus is showing a little bit of Bludgeon envy it seems
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664213)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:56pm CDT
Looks great as usual. B-)
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664217)
Posted by Pyrostrata on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:59pm CDT
Ohmy! That is lovely! I wanna see more!

I loves me some Cyclonus! :grin:
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664278)
Posted by Archanubis on March 25th, 2008 @ 7:02pm CDT
xxaMaxx wrote:Yes, but is a joyous fist, celebrating his victory over a seemingly uninhabited city? Or is it an angry fist, clenched with rage because someone else beat him to the job?

Perhaps its clenched in frustration, either because his home was destroyed and he was helpless to stop it, or in regret because he destroyed it and knows he can't help it, for one reason or another.

Until they put words into the panels, we'll never know, will we? ;)
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664280)
Posted by dragons on March 25th, 2008 @ 7:03pm CDT
yeah he does look very close to bludgion if his name wasnt on the cover and his jet mode looks like one of the gijoe toy
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664386)
Posted by Defcon! on March 25th, 2008 @ 9:13pm CDT
Looks badass! Cyclonus was always a fav.! :D
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664549)
Posted by NiteStar on March 26th, 2008 @ 2:17am CDT
Is Cyclonus The First Transformer in the ENTIRE Animated Series to be one of those Forward-winged Jets? I feel like ever since he was introduced more characters were created from his Alt. mode getting more detailed and more complex as the years went on into the 90's and so on into the live Action Film.
I mean he has to be since there wasn't anything before G1 unless in Comic books there was.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664554)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 26th, 2008 @ 2:54am CDT
His head looks like he's a zombie....
I'm hyped for this!
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664563)
Posted by Stormrider on March 26th, 2008 @ 3:58am CDT
I like the Samurai-like armored appearance they have given Cyclonus with the helmet, shoulders, and skirt.

Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664566)
Posted by Primus C-00 on March 26th, 2008 @ 4:14am CDT
Is that Earth Post AHM?

*quivers*

I hope so!

:-B
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664702)
Posted by Archanubis on March 26th, 2008 @ 9:26am CDT
I think it's most likely a world other than Earth; Nebulos post-Stormbringer, for example. Even in their state, some of the buildings look too advanced for Earth.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (664754)
Posted by Calvatron on March 26th, 2008 @ 11:04am CDT
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (665175)
Posted by Moonbase2 on March 26th, 2008 @ 6:05pm CDT
Man, Cyclonus? There couldn't be a character I'm more meh about. I liked the Galvatron spotlight, mostly because it's not the same character as Megs....but I don't have a lot of interest in Cyclonus. But I'll give it a try.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (665372)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on March 26th, 2008 @ 10:03pm CDT
Cyclonus is one of my favorite Decepticons! Looking forward to this.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (665920)
Posted by Stormwolf on March 27th, 2008 @ 4:03pm CDT
Look like the remains of Nebulos to me, especially that dome looks familiar.

Calvatron wrote:Sweet. Cyclonus was always one of my favorite characters. I much preferred the cartoon version, loyal and competant, to the trigger-happy moron both he and Scourge appeared as in the uk comics. I can't wait to see what idw does with him. I doubt he be as loyal to Galvatron in this one though.

Come on, Cyclonus rocked in Target 2006.
Re: Sneak Peek at Spotlight: Cyclonus (666137)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on March 27th, 2008 @ 9:58pm CDT
Stormwolf wrote:Look like the remains of Nebulos to me, especially that dome looks familiar.

Come on, Cyclonus rocked in Target 2006.

True, but later on, he was not presented in the best light. He was portrayed much better in the cartoon, although perhaps a little too loyal to Galvatron (which would have been admirible, if Galvatron hadn't been insane).

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY