Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 6:57PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 23,278

A Friday night calls for a little sneak peek at one of the most anticipated Transformers of the year. From FunPubs Transformers' Collector's Club we get an alternate mode picture of a bot nearby... real nearby - Punch/Counterpunch. The figure uses the mold of Universe Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. As for the otherside, and we're talking about the other Universe - the Shattered Glass shenanigans continue with a sneak peek at the robot mode of Cyclonus. He's a repaint of Universe Cyclonus, which also looks to have one of the heaviest chrome jobs in the history of Transformers toys.

Make your own jaw-dropping reactions below...

Punch/Counterpunch
Punch/Counterpunch is a Deluxe sized figure that features an all-new head sculpt with a sliding cap, allowing Punch to easily change into his alter ego Counterpunch! In alt mode, this Autobot double agent features a slick vehicle design and deco. The toy is packed in a convention style box with a foam insert for easy removal and display.

Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!
Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!

SG Cyclonus
Cyclonus is a Deluxe sized figure from the Shattered Glass Universe. A heroic Decepticon, Cyclonus comes with his targetmaster ally Krunix. This small Nebulan changes into Cyclonus’ weapon which can be used by the Decepticon in both robot and vehicle mode. The toy is packed in a convention style box with a foam insert for easy removal and display.

Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!
Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch/Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus!

Keep it at the best place for the Transformers Fanbase - Seibertron.com.
Credit(s): TFCC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039472)
Posted by Seibertron on January 22nd, 2010 @ 7:15pm CST
Still not sure what to make of this Cyclonus yet. Not a fan of the Shattered Glass stuff personally.

However, Punch/Counterpunch is going to be pure love. Can't wait to see the head reveal. I hope it's perfect because that's the key part to pulling off that toy.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039480)
Posted by Blurrz on January 22nd, 2010 @ 7:33pm CST
[color=darkgreen]Punch/Counterpunch - This mold was made for this. I'm thinking this is a figure that you can't really miss out on. Everything that this car has... it's a homage to something so legen.... wait for it.... you better not be lactose intolerant... dary!

Shattered Glass Cyclonus - I'm kinda skeptical with this. Can it be a stand alone figure? I won't get the '08 Botcon Set, and I'm sure alot of people here don't have it either. It was made in limited numbers for that matter... so why is FunPub continuing this? I don't think there will be too many to jump on a figure for a Universe in which they have no other figures.

But then again... I think alot of people are suckers for chrome.

<------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah.. myself included.[/color]
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039483)
Posted by Firebird on January 22nd, 2010 @ 7:36pm CST
Punch/Cunterpunch is looking good. It's great to see a shot of the actual toy. Not sure how I feel about the black stripes.

Still not sure if I'm going to get Cyclonus though.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039485)
Posted by Nekoman on January 22nd, 2010 @ 7:41pm CST
Ew, they still didn't paint his face! Oh well, that Cyclonus is probably just a mock-up. I hope.

Counterpunch is looking good though.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039487)
Posted by SJ21 on January 22nd, 2010 @ 7:46pm CST
P/CP is a must buy. I have to get my registration in!

I won't be getting Cyclonus. I am not into the whole Shattered Glass thing.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039516)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 22nd, 2010 @ 9:04pm CST
Pretty stoked for both! I've been chipping away at collecting Shattered Glass for about a month and I'm nearly finished. Don't ask what I paid for the boxed set, I really don't feel like crying. Lol. Anyway yeah, can't wait for these. Hopefully Cyclonus is still a mock up in these photos. His face needs a paint app.
:BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039543)
Posted by Geekee1 on January 22nd, 2010 @ 10:33pm CST

So far I have to give major props to Fun Pub for making some great exclusives this year. I'm really digging everything that they've shown us so far. Counter Punch is looking great and I've been pining for SG Cyclonus since 08. I can't wait to see the finished products!
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039552)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 22nd, 2010 @ 11:06pm CST
Geekee1 wrote:Please note that monocles are still reserved for Botcon Thundercracker and Noise Maze Production Type.

Is there any substitution for Noise Maze? I've got plenty of other exclusives and prototypes and one of a kind Transformers. Just wearing this top hat makes me feel foolish.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039555)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on January 22nd, 2010 @ 11:16pm CST
zodconvoy wrote:

Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039557)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 22nd, 2010 @ 11:31pm CST
Geekee1 wrote:So Flux how much did the 08 box set put you back again? #-o That set is going up so much that eventually you'll need a top hat and tux to own it. Please note that monocles are still reserved for Botcon Thundercracker and Noise Maze Production Type.

So what you're telling me is that once I've got them all I can wear my top hat and tux? I believe I have monocle priveleges because of Thundercracker but I have no desire for NMPT. :grin: So yeah this years figures have certainly got me excited. I love Classics and Counterpunch was simply a brilliant pitch for that mold. I also adore the Cyclonus mold. It's just an all around enjoyable figure like Starscream is. Previously, I've only gotten Airazor. The others just did nothing for me. The Seacons I skipped in favor of an eventual G1 reissue since the molds are still viable. As far as what I paid for the SG boxed set? http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FVi%20...%20K%3AMEWAX%3AIT%3C%2Fa%3E This is mine. :sad: At least that's over with and I can start selling off all of my extra Wings of Honor stuff.
:BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039577)
Posted by DavidT on January 23rd, 2010 @ 1:04am CST
Hold up?! SG Boxset went for $800?! I'm so gonna sell mine LOL!

Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039587)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on January 23rd, 2010 @ 2:16am CST
Think I'm gonna get both this time.

Punch/Counterpunch just because it's Punch/Counterpunch and I rather liked that mold.

SG Cyclonus though... when I first noticed him up on the TFCC site I went to transform U2.0 Cyclonus to robot mode and broke the right wing off.
#-o :-(
Gonna get SG to keep in package (so I don't frak him up like I did the other), and see if I can dismantle the U2.0's shoulders so that I can remove the left wing and the nub left by breaking the right one off.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039599)
Posted by Savage on January 23rd, 2010 @ 3:24am CST
Can it be... Ironman Cyclonus?!

I'll be buying both; Punch/Counterpunch has been needed ever since that mold first hit shelves, and I'm a sucker for Shattered Glass.

But still... Ironman Cyclonus O.o
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039601)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 23rd, 2010 @ 3:41am CST
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:If you own Black Zarak not only do you get the monocle, but you also get a three piece suit, and 3 boxes of tissues. The tissues are for the sobbing you'll do when any of the gold plastic crumbles to dust.

I have a crumbling part of Black Zarak. The arm sheild to be precise. I bought it in a store called Toy Heaven (and believe me, it was) as the first part of a parts search to build a complete one and he handed it to me in a ziplock bag. I didn't even get out of the store with it before one of the pincers broke off in the bag. It's slowly desolved more and more since. Biggest waste of $50 I've spend on a TF.

Three Chevy Aveo Swerves with one about midway to being Classicverse Jazz.
eHobby Orion Pax with custom head.
Packaging prototype for G2 Gobot Megatron.
Plus, I've got the original pencil art for Primus in robot mode from FunPub's Revelations Part 6, the only time the planet Cybertron has ever transformed in comics! Check it out here!

Basically, I didn't watch most of Cybertron so I don't care about Noise Maze. :P

On topic, I'm SO getting Punch/Counterpunch!
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039608)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on January 23rd, 2010 @ 4:26am CST
Savage wrote:Can it be... Ironman Cyclonus?!

It can be now.

I'd buy 20 if they were real.

zodconvoy wrote:And for monocle status, I've got on of the Botcon 09 first 100 in attendence Elite Guard pins.
Three Chevy Aveo Swerves with one about midway to being Classicverse Jazz.
eHobby Orion Pax with custom head.
Packaging prototype for G2 Gobot Megatron.

It's too dangerous to go alone! Take this!

Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039612)
Posted by steve2275 on January 23rd, 2010 @ 4:33am CST
they look good
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039635)
Posted by Geekee1 on January 23rd, 2010 @ 8:12am CST
Botcon Thundercracker is definitely the monocle, I'm thinking Noise Maze to be the pimp cane to complete the ensemble.
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039648)
Posted by TFBuyer on January 23rd, 2010 @ 10:02am CST
P/CP = no-brainer.

SG Cyclonus, though...I may end up picking him up, just so I have someone to go up against my SG Rodimus, the only one of the Shattered Glass Universe I ever picked up...
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039650)
Posted by Flux Convoy on January 23rd, 2010 @ 10:24am CST
DavidT wrote:Hold up?! SG Boxset went for $800?! I'm so gonna sell mine LOL!

The last few I was watching went for $770 something or other. Usually just under $800. It really sucks because I attended that Botcon. I simply didn't care so much that they sold out. Until I got my hands on the fiction that is. Then I kinda knew I was boned. It's sort of my own fault for not getting them at the con for mild mark ups instead of the crazy that it is now. Oh well, I'm in the last leg of that race now. Just the most expensive ones left! Sigh...
:BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek at TFCC Punch / Counterpunch and SG Cyclonus! (1039662)
Posted by Mkall on January 23rd, 2010 @ 11:15am CST
I shall order Cyclonus and 2 Punch/Counterpunches, one for each mode.

Ending Soon On eBay

Side Vent Fender Decorative shark Grille Transformers Autobot Decepticon Black - Time Remaining: 5 days 24 minutes 48 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE STEELBANE PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 26 minutes 19 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MV5 THE LAST KNIGHT DELUXE AUTOBOT SQWEEKS PREMIER EDITION - Time Remaining: 5 days 12 hours 32 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G2 HERO MEGATRON BRAND NEW SEALED 80146 Decepticon Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 42 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers G2 OPTIMUS PRIME BRAND NEW SEALED Hero 80147 Autobot Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 42 minutes 36 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 10 HOT RODIMUS PRIME CONVOY Figure - Time Remaining: 26 days 17 hours 53 minutes 55 seconds
Takara Tomy TRANSFORMERS Superlink SC 15 Landmine Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 54 minutes 33 seconds
Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Berserker Optimus Prime Premier Robot Toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017