Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council

Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council

Monday, January 11th, 2021 5:44pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 19,891

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade for letting us know of a sneak peek IDW provided for the upcoming Beast Wars comic. Their tweet shows the the Tripredacus council will be featured. And better yet, they are still very much into red mood lighting.

Here is the summary for the book as well:

Celebrating 25 years of Beast Wars! In the future, the planet Cybertron belongs to the scientific-minded Maximals and the action-oriented Predacons! When a crew of Predacons, led by the successor to the Megatron name, steal a golden disk and a ship capable of traveling through time, it’s up to Optimus Primal and his Maximal crew – Rattrap, Rhinox, Cheetor, and new character Nyx – to catch them! A brand-new Beast era begins in an oversized first issue by Erik Burnham (Ghostbusters, Transformers/Ghostbusters) and Josh Burcham (Transformers, Transformers Galaxies), yesssss!

SNEAK PEEK: 2021
A look inside Transformers: Beast Wars #1 by @erikburnham and @jcburcham.

Transformers News: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council

Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092399)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on January 11th, 2021 @ 6:45pm CST
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092400)
Posted by william-james88 on January 11th, 2021 @ 6:49pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:This looks very interesting. Yeeesssssss? I wonder if Nyx will be as important and long lasting as Rubble.

Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092407)
Posted by megamanfan on January 11th, 2021 @ 7:35pm CST
how very animated. i like.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092414)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on January 11th, 2021 @ 8:48pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092433)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on January 12th, 2021 @ 1:21am CST
I’m excited to check this series out but I really don’t like the art style.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092666)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2021 @ 9:21am CST
Looks like the Maximals aren't the only ones getting a new character:

Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092681)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on January 14th, 2021 @ 10:44am CST
He looks like Snapper. But purple.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092706)
Posted by o.supreme on January 14th, 2021 @ 1:17pm CST
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:He looks like Snapper. But purple.

I was going to make a comment about Snapper on another forum, but then many people had come in before me and basically , preemptively were criticizing anyone who asked "Why not Snapper", so I decided not to even bother, perhaps here there will be a more even handed discussion ? ;)

Anyway. I'm not going to draw a line in the sand and say new characters shouldn't/can't be made. However...I do recognize that in the world of Transformers, when only a fraction of the characters are usually given character developments in media, there is a wealth to pull from, so the need for New characters isn't as necessary I guess you could say? Having read (and subsequently sold off), the first 13 year continuity of IDW, there's not one single made up character specifically for IDW that I cared for, yet there were dozens from the original series that I wish had appeared in more than the occasional background group shot.

I actually was quite fond of the first BW series (Gathering & Ascending), as it did just this; make some use of the many dozens of BW characters along with familiar faces to develop a new story. I know this new IDW iteration is going in a completely new direction, but it's just food for thought. Why dig a new well when the one you have still has plenty of water left in it?
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092709)
Posted by bluecatcinema on January 14th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CST
Not bad. I like the name, too.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092717)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 14th, 2021 @ 2:31pm CST
Personally, I'm all for new characters and I loved IDW’s additions, the same as the new additions that turn up in every iteration like Animated's Slipstream or Prime's Knockout.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092726)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 14th, 2021 @ 3:52pm CST
Snapper has no characterisation within the wider Beast Era. So there really is no need to rename the only [non-Fuzor] Turtle Bot in the series, as a "new character". When purely through use, Snapper is essentially new regardless.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092727)
Posted by TOO MUCH ENERGON! on January 14th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
TOO MUCH ENERGON! wrote:He looks like Snapper. But purple.

It is kinda weird that they didn’t just go with Snapper since the design is inspired by him. With Nyx, I get it, and I think it’s kinda cool that they’re using the Batimus Primal design for a different character. But yeah, I’m with you. There were dozens of Beast Wars toys that were never used in the show, so if they’re going the full remake/retelling route, why not utilize some of them? Give me Wolfang, Cybershark, Polar Claw, Maniterror, Armordillo, and such.
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092738)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2021 @ 5:42pm CST
Skold is a girl.

Josh Burcham wrote:The reactions are interesting, to say the least! xD

I go into it a tiny bit in a little interview in the back of issue 1 but as far as the designs go, they're absolutely done in a spirit of "homage." I cant speak for the precise reason why these two new fembots were added, other than they have their own character arcs planned/in mind and to add something new and fresh, but as for their designs they're [obviously] meant to resemble Bat Optimus Primal and Snapper. And thats all on me. I had some character breakdowns and what their alt modes were but the rest was on me and I thought it'd be fun to, in Nyx's case, make use of a design that never REALLY got any play in major BW media and for Skold to do it in honor of what happened to be my first Beast Wars toy Snapper! [and a bit of a Strika homage in there, as well] Think of her as the Tigatron to Snapper's Cheetor. They share the same basic design skeleton. Its not that weird. And she's definitely not inserted in there to replace Snapper. Should the books go on long enough maybe he'll show up! Who knows.

But I wanted their designs to FEEL as genuinely "Beast Wars" as I could so why not base them on some actual Beast Wars designs! That was my thinking, anyway :)
Josh Burcham wrote:And I absolutely, and likely selfishly, designed them this way so that kitbashes and customs would be a bit more easier to pull off. Cuz i'm greedy like that xD
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092739)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2021 @ 5:58pm CST
Also - https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/1349553732606980097

And one more -- JUST ONE -- little tease.

Wanna know what the other name was? #BeastWars #1 February 3!
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092745)
Posted by o.supreme on January 14th, 2021 @ 8:07pm CST
His name was Bob... ;)
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092753)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2021 @ 10:28pm CST
o.supreme wrote:His name was Bob... ;)
It would be amazing if his name was Joe. :P
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092757)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 14th, 2021 @ 11:01pm CST
Funnily enough, I always thought of Snapper as a Fembot. The design speaks for itself as to why. It isn’t a great leap. The line about “replacing Snapper” doesn’t make sense either. How do you replace a non-entity?
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092758)
Posted by o.supreme on January 14th, 2021 @ 11:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:His name was Bob... ;)
It would be amazing if his name was Joe. :P

Oh man, now we need to get a recording of David Kaye as Megatron doing that joke :lol:
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092759)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 14th, 2021 @ 11:18pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The line about “replacing Snapper” doesn’t make sense either. How do you replace a non-entity?
Burcham was mainly responding to those who were thinking that, as in "Skold's appearance doesn't preclude Snapper from also appearing later on."
Re: Sneak Peek for New Beast Wars Comic Features Tripredacus Council (2092760)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 14th, 2021 @ 11:21pm CST
Again, to me it is more a case of an unnecessary headache. Just say it is Snapper. That way there’s no confusion and you can give her any characterisation that you like. As Snapper had none, beyond a toy bio.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Gnaw Sharkticon" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN - WINGSPAN & CLOUDRAKER - WALGREENS EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS  DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH LASERBEAK 2010 MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot Graham, Burns, Cody, Firefighter, Police HASBRO" on EBAY