Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview

Friday, November 18th, 2016 5:14am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,446

Via the iTunes page for IDW Publishing's Revolution #5, we have an initial preview of the last chapter in the Hasbro cross-franchise cross-comics crossover event - and we've mirrored the imaged, copied the info below, and will be ready for a full preview next week! Check it out.

LAST STAND IN AUTOBOT CITY! It’s all come to this—TRANSFORMERS vs. ROM vs. MICRONAUTS vs. G.I. JOE vs. M.A.S.K. vs. the ultimate evil! The futures of Earth, Cybertron, and the Microverse will all be changed forever by the decisions made this day.

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841880)
Posted by steve2275 on November 18th, 2016 @ 5:22am CST
viva revofunlution
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841881)
Posted by Kurona on November 18th, 2016 @ 5:24am CST
And what is Snake-Eyes' deal? I'm really confused, nothing about him has even been attempted to be explained since he first showed up. He's just here now because icon!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841886)
Posted by Big Grim on November 18th, 2016 @ 6:23am CST
Kurona wrote:Oh dear... I obviously always should have expected a battle like this to be one, but this is just a mess. I can barely make out what's going on and the proportions and scale are all messed up.

I couldn't have put it better.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841888)
Posted by Randomhero on November 18th, 2016 @ 7:00am CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841900)
Posted by Va'al on November 18th, 2016 @ 8:22am CST
Randomhero wrote:I haven't had a problem with revolution at all. It's been a fun story. Just harmless fun.

That's cool!

Can I ask a question, then: did you find anything that impeded the enjoyment at all, or did you just take it in as it came, as you say, harmlessly? I just ask because in my case the art sometimes just distracted me too much from the story, and once I got to the latter, I was already annoyed.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1841918)
Posted by Randomhero on November 18th, 2016 @ 10:14am CST
Dr Va'al wrote:

That's cool!

I find the story to be fun. It's not amazing but most events are not. Comics are my thing. Not just transformers but entertainment in general. I read a lot of comics and I've read a lot of event books. I was an 80s kid, it's fun to see my toys that arnt transformers coming out the box again. This is IDWs first really big event that spans a shared universe. There's pros/cons, ups/downs whatever you call them but it's taking many different franchises and doing its best to pu them together and John is a very talented editor and writer. Probably one of the few editors to come out of Marvel that cared.

The art is fine, I've seen way worse and I've had zero trouble following the layouts and story telling. I have not followed every Revolution tie in, just Transformers and Mask and haven't had trouble following the story. I'll admit I should have read Micronaughts because it is needed before issue 3 but i didn't read it till almost a month later and it didn't ruin my enjoyment not having read it before.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842081)
Posted by BumbleDouche on November 19th, 2016 @ 6:27am CST
Than Baron Karzu/Wraith hybrid speaking Ancient Cybertronian has a similar sort of silhouette to Megatronus Prime from the Covenant of Primus book... A crappy, art snafu, coincidence or am I imagining things?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842186)
Posted by Va'al on November 19th, 2016 @ 4:30pm CST
If you were waiting for news on the last Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye issue under that title (the story will continue, with the same cast and plots, in Lost Light #1), we have the coverage for you! Via iTunes, we have a quick three-page preview at the IDW crossover Revolution tie-in book, written by James Roberts and Nick Roche, and featuring the Scavengers. Check it out below!

A DATE WTH DESTINY! After years of doing very little, Krok, Crankcase, Fulcrum, Spinister, and Misfire think they can wriggle out of anything—but not even they can avoid a heavily-promoted multi-franchise crossover. It’s the Scavengers Versus Your Childhood in a story that exposes all other art for the sham it is.

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842188)
Posted by Kurona on November 19th, 2016 @ 4:35pm CST
Argh, I can't find any way to make the first page big enough to actually read it :/

Loved the third page though. Beautiful. ... well. Aside from the dumb-technology-obsessed-teenager trope. JRO tends to subvert tropes and play with them rather than just using them.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842198)
Posted by Insurgent on November 19th, 2016 @ 6:18pm CST
That subversion may come on page 4. Or page 20. Of lost light #23. Maybe.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842226)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 19th, 2016 @ 9:35pm CST
that kid is wearing an old school hasbro logo ;)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842293)
Posted by ScottyP on November 20th, 2016 @ 10:58am CST
MP3 is the most interesting GI Joe in Revolution so far.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842295)
Posted by That_Guy on November 20th, 2016 @ 11:05am CST
Liking how Zoids got a shout out.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842437)
Posted by Big Grim on November 21st, 2016 @ 9:32am CST
ScottyP wrote:MP3 is the most interesting GI Joe in Revolution so far.

Harsh! :D
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842439)
Posted by Kurona on November 21st, 2016 @ 9:35am CST
It's not too surprising in perspective. Roberts just takes things that were terrible and makes them fun and enjoyable, like Drift.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842446)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 21st, 2016 @ 9:56am CST
i find that tech obsessed teen to be a bit too close to the mark for me to not immediately HATE him.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842955)
Posted by Va'al on November 23rd, 2016 @ 4:48pm CST
In what is clearly a day of comics news, we have a full preview of the upcoming issue of IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Revolution (the final tie-in issue, as far as robots are concerned). Not from IDW, but rather as an attachment to today's issue of Till All Are One, the five pages are mirrored below - via Tumblr user attackmercy - check them out, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842956)
Posted by Deadput on November 23rd, 2016 @ 4:55pm CST
Not to familiar about M.A.S.K but did they really wear suits like that?

I thought it was just a mad max version of G.I.Joe with transforming weaponized vehicles.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842964)
Posted by ebo716 on November 23rd, 2016 @ 6:04pm CST
"Neo functionists" not very subtle are they
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Revolution #5 iTunes Preview (1842975)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on November 23rd, 2016 @ 7:08pm CST
Those are no agents of M.A.S.K those are robots in disguise. :lol:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY