Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview

Friday, July 17th, 2015 4:44am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,722

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Second piece of news, sort of from IDW Publishing, is the usual iTunes three-page preview of an upcoming comics issue, with The Transformers #44 being the one uploaded this time! We can also confirm that issue #43 will be out next week, so keep your optics tuned for the preview and review combo soon here on Seibertron.com, and check out the snippet below.

LOVE AND HATE! Two emotions only inches from each other-and TRACKS and NEEDLENOSE have felt them both. On opposite sides of an eons-long war, what happens when they meet again? And what's ARCEE up to on CYBERTRON?


Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710393)
Posted by Randomhero on July 17th, 2015 @ 7:15am CDT
This is AWESOME! Everyone was thinking they were a couple(because...well...Tracks) and John goes a completely different route and makes the Spark Brothers! I cannot wait for this issue!!!!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710425)
Posted by Bleak5170 on July 17th, 2015 @ 9:08am CDT
Very excited about this. I had asked Mr. Barber several months ago if we could see Tracks in the comic again. So happy to see it's happening. :)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710431)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 17th, 2015 @ 9:18am CDT
Tracks was in marketing? Go figure.

I'm guessing he was a bit like Blurr and Mirage, largely (or willfully) ignorant of the problems on Cybertron until the war broke out.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710592)
Posted by Deadput on July 17th, 2015 @ 3:34pm CDT
Acid Storm!



Some characterization for my fave Seeker of all time (Visually not for character that would go to IDW Thundercracker)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710594)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 17th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Acid Storm!



Some characterization for my fave Seeker of all time (Visually not for character that would go to IDW Thundercracker)


Funny how Acid Storm is around a lot in IDW, but does very little.

I wonder, if Sunstorm were still alive would he be a Solus' Witness?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710630)
Posted by Deadput on July 17th, 2015 @ 7:38pm CDT
Yeah outside of Megatron Soundwave and Shockwave I have yet to see a good reason why anyone supports the Decepticons.



I mean their goal was to end the corrupted Senate yet they still killed afterwards.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710631)
Posted by Deadput on July 17th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Acid Storm!



Some characterization for my fave Seeker of all time (Visually not for character that would go to IDW Thundercracker)


Funny how Acid Storm is around a lot in IDW, but does very little.

I wonder, if Sunstorm were still alive would he be a Solus' Witness?



Could always bring him back as a clone.



Either a clone of himself orStarscream.



Why did they kill Sunstorm again?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710653)
Posted by Randomhero on July 17th, 2015 @ 10:06pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Acid Storm!



Some characterization for my fave Seeker of all time (Visually not for character that would go to IDW Thundercracker)


Funny how Acid Storm is around a lot in IDW, but does very little.

I wonder, if Sunstorm were still alive would he be a Solus' Witness?



Could always bring him back as a clone.



Either a clone of himself orStarscream.



Why did they kill Sunstorm again?


Arcee. She stabbed him in the brain because she could.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710666)
Posted by Deadput on July 17th, 2015 @ 11:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Arcee. She stabbed him in the brain because she could.



I know how he died.


I'm just asking why the writer thought that was a good idea.




Probably should of used a micromaster or something not like their getting used any time soon.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1710668)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 18th, 2015 @ 12:13am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Arcee. She stabbed him in the brain because she could.



I know how he died.


I'm just asking why the writer thought that was a good idea.




Probably should of used a micromaster or something not like their getting used any time soon.


It's always a shame to see minor people go, even if they weren't movers and shakers. It's not just their death, but the death of anything else they could do, especially minor characters who aren't likely to return.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1711023)
Posted by Henry921 on July 19th, 2015 @ 12:45am CDT
Hey, it's Dreadwing. Didn't he join up with Galvatron and Soundwave at the end of Dark Cybertron? Where the heck has he been?

And for that matter, why aren't people attacking him, what with that whole helping Shockwave almost destroy the universe thing?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1711024)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 19th, 2015 @ 12:49am CDT
Henry921 wrote:Hey, it's Dreadwing. Didn't he join up with Galvatron and Soundwave at the end of Dark Cybertron? Where the heck has he been?

And for that matter, why aren't people attacking him, what with that whole helping Shockwave almost destroy the universe thing?


He's probably been keeping to the ship, since a stealth bomber kind of sticks out.

As for the latter, I'd guess that the majority of people don't know who was at ground zero of the event. Waspinator's running around free and he was right there with them. Also probably how Bludgeon slipped away.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1711309)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2015 @ 6:16pm CDT
Tracks and Needlenose are brothers. Never saw that coming. Horri-bull? A bit, but wow, long time friends. Looking forward to how this turns out. I am intrigued :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1711833)
Posted by Flashwave on July 21st, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
So, looking at Acid Strom's chest... I see the angled bump out that Skydive has on his, and Acid Storm has the right general color split... Sould it be someone is creatively designing him as an off chance for a repaint?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1711835)
Posted by Shuttershock on July 21st, 2015 @ 5:27pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:So, looking at Acid Strom's chest... I see the angled bump out that Skydive has on his, and Acid Storm has the right general color split... Sould it be someone is creatively designing him as an off chance for a repaint?


Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't make a Seeker combiner, what with all the jets out and the near-perfect torso form already in place:

Image
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1714946)
Posted by Va'al on August 1st, 2015 @ 5:52am CDT
As entertainment and media site Newsarama get their first post out, we can also share the full preview for next week's issue #44 of IDW Publishing's The Transformers ongoing series, featuring all the unsettled Cybertron you will ever want! Check it out below, and head back to Seibertron.com for a review on Wednesday.

Transformers #44
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
LOVE AND HATE! Two emotions only inches from each other—and TRACKS and NEEDLENOSE have felt them both. On opposite sides of an eons-long war, what happens when they meet again? And what’s ARCEE up to on CYBERTRON?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The danger level rises on Cybertron, as dangerous new allegiances form!
Arcee vs. Starscream—but not in the way you expect!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1714948)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:02am CDT
I believe the cybertronian parts of the wanted sign says: "Lost prick. No reward."
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1714955)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 7:35am CDT
Acid storm getting character/personalty time sets the issue for me will be buying first chance I get.





I hope IDW later on introduces Bitstream, Hotlink, Redwing, Nacelle and the other two rainmakers (Ion storm and Nova storm) for a few issues.




And doesn't cheaply kill them off like Sunstorm, Countdown, 3/5 of the Technobots, most of the Japanese Transformers and many others they waste for no good reason while they keep introducing random characters with almost no chance of getting toys such as Riptide or Atomizer or Velocity or some of those N.a.i.l.s that haven't been around since forever.



Am I the only one who gets angry when bots die for no reason other then just for dying's sake also known as the Furmanism syndrome.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1714976)
Posted by Munkky on August 1st, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Acid storm getting character/personalty time sets the issue for me will be buying first chance I get.

I hope IDW later on introduces Bitstream, Hotlink, Redwing, Nacelle and the other two rainmakers (Ion storm and Nova storm) for a few issues.

And doesn't cheaply kill them off like Sunstorm, Countdown, 3/5 of the Technobots, most of the Japanese Transformers and many others they waste for no good reason while they keep introducing random characters with almost no chance of getting toys such as Riptide or Atomizer or Velocity or some of those N.a.i.l.s that haven't been around since forever.

Am I the only one who gets angry when bots die for no reason other then just for dying's sake also known as the Furmanism syndrome.


In a way I agree. Rhinox's cameo in issue 34 was a bit of a let-down, it was essentially just "Hi, buy my Generations toy if you haven't already", and I REALLY hope Rhinox comes back with more to do once the Windblade ongoing gets to Eukaris next issue. A figure of IDW Metalhawk during last year's Thrilling 30 range would have been great too.

It would be nice to get toys of characters who feature prominently in the comic, such as the current designs of Galvatron, Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy, as well as whoever Windblade and co. meet on Eukaris (praying for a new Tigatron figure) but looking at Hasbro's current and future plans for Generations I'm not holding out much hope for these.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #44 iTunes Preview (1714993)
Posted by Flashwave on August 1st, 2015 @ 10:26am CDT
I wish i had gotten ovverride preordered

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY