Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview

Thursday, April 7th, 2016 12:42pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,271

From the usual iTunes links, we get the short paged preview of the next issue of IDW's The Transformers, with Livio Ramondelli returning on art duties for #52! Check out the snippet below, as we will receive the full preview in about a week or two's time.

ALL HAIL OPTIMUS part 3! OPTIMUS PRIME has declared the Earth to be his territory… but even he can’t go it alone. Now he reaches out across the galaxy to form a coalition—of old friends and older enemies.

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1778856)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 7th, 2016 @ 1:57pm CDT
At least Prime has a new arm.

wonder what the deal is with Skywarp? He and Blackrock doing some stuff potentially? Hmm :MAXIMAL:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1778873)
Posted by Amelie on April 7th, 2016 @ 2:41pm CDT
I'll laugh if we get a Titan Wars Skywarp as the first seeker and his Titan Master is Blackrock and this is the first glimpses of that.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1778878)
Posted by Randomhero on April 7th, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
Well Livios art is getting better. Marginally.

I just want him to stop being "Event" book guy. You can tell when he rushes and when he's got the time to draw
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1778973)
Posted by ricemazter on April 7th, 2016 @ 6:01pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Well Livios art is getting better. Marginally.

Yeah, Livio's art always leaves me conflicted. When he really gets into something its amazing what he can do, but the quality has a tendency to vary spectacularly from panel to panel. Like that first shot of optimus on page three here is beautiful, but then immediately after you have a tilted and lopsided starscream. If anyone's in doubt about his abilities, check out the man's deviantart page, but geez I wish his talents would be utilized better on transformers comics.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1778976)
Posted by Amelie on April 7th, 2016 @ 6:05pm CDT
Livio is IDW equivalent to Marvel UK's Jeff Anderson.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781520)
Posted by Va'al on April 15th, 2016 @ 1:11pm CDT
The other Transformers comics update today from IDW comes via Newsarama, who have the full preview for The Transformers #52 out next week! Make sure to check out the whole thing below, and head back here for the Seibertron.com review on Wednesday.

Transformers #52
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) Andrew Griffith (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
· Special guest artist Livio Ramondelli takes us to CYBERTRON and beyond!
· Who will stand with Optimus—and who will turn against him?
· Part of IDW’s “Art Appreciation Month” promotion!
· Variant Cover by Priscilla Tramontano!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781540)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 15th, 2016 @ 1:45pm CDT
huh. i think I missed an issue...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781549)
Posted by DeathReviews on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:08pm CDT
CHANK!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781552)
Posted by Randomhero on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
Theres some good stuff going on here. I'm really looking forward to this
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781555)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:18pm CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781559)
Posted by Va'al on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:when did blackrock become all roboty-looking? I thought last issue he still sported a human face?

Already at the end of #50 we see the under-human Cybertronian side - was that not something you've come across?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781560)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:30pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

I dunno. Maybe. It's been a while so I might have just forgotten about it or didn't think it would alter his appearance. It's possible that the art shift didn't help either cause I really didn't know who was what until I thought about it. I seriously thought he was some robo-butler at first glance.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781568)
Posted by Randomhero on April 15th, 2016 @ 2:50pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

Real reason, Livio can't draw people.

It's amazing that we've seen all these locations in previous issues where they are all brightly lit and colorful...then Livio comes in and turns them all into dark, murky nothing areas and treats every place like everyone is saving on their electric bills.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781664)
Posted by LE0KING on April 15th, 2016 @ 10:13pm CDT
Yeah, I've never been a fan of his art. It just looks messy. I catch myself just reading the words and not even paying attention to the pictures.
But he's been around for a while, so I'll just have to get over it.
Speaking of artists, what ever happened to Stone? Do we know?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781733)
Posted by Va'al on April 16th, 2016 @ 6:13am CDT
LE0KING wrote:Speaking of artists, what ever happened to Stone? Do we know?

Personal issues is all we're told. Shame, though. :(
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781821)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 16th, 2016 @ 11:14am CDT
Amelie wrote:Livio is IDW equivalent to Marvel UK's Jeff Anderson.
Is that good or bad? (Never read Marvel UK, don't know who Anderson is.)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781903)
Posted by LE0KING on April 16th, 2016 @ 3:31pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
LE0KING wrote:Speaking of artists, what ever happened to Stone? Do we know?

Personal issues is all we're told. Shame, though. :(

That's too bad, I'll miss her taking my giant murder-bots and making them pretty.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1781966)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 16th, 2016 @ 7:11pm CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1782002)
Posted by Randomhero on April 16th, 2016 @ 11:36pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Pure rubish. Given the past history of both Optimus and Starscream, for the council to take Screamers side over Prime is ridiculous. Like, takes me out if the story ridiculous.

I'd agree but this is not the full comic or the entire scene. It's just the first couple pages.

I do however can't not think that Starscream was one of the first decepticons to attempt an invasion on earth back in the -action series and participate in the all out assault on earth AND return to earth in the ongoing with the rest of the Decepticons. That can't be ignored.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW The Transformers #52 iTunes Preview (1782016)
Posted by Va'al on April 17th, 2016 @ 2:50am CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Does the council know that, though? He brokered a fair few of those deals himself, where Windblade didn't, and I'm certain he didn't let slip that he had expansionist tactics in the past.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse - IRONHIDE - Commander Class -00500" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Jazz #86, Blurr #86, Gnaw #86, Kup #86 4lot!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Kup, Blurr, Jazz, Wreck-Gar #86" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY