Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview

Saturday, July 4th, 2015 9:08am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,685

While IDW Publishing's The Transformers and Windblade series have started exploring the aftermath of Combiner Wars, the upcoming one-shot Combiner Hunters goes a little bit further - and you can check out the iTunes three-page preview below too, featuring Arcee, Chromia and Windblade in their SDCC colours drawn by Sara Pitre-Durocher!

COMBINER WARS FALLOUT! Because you demanded it—WINDBLADE and CHROMIA team up with ARCEE to put an end to the menace of the COMBINER WARS—but will they end each other first?!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706128)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on July 4th, 2015 @ 11:24am CDT
It looks like Ironhide is still using his WFC/FOC body and kinda upsets me that we never got a FOC Ironhide/Ratchet mold.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706176)
Posted by zwann on July 4th, 2015 @ 6:03pm CDT

Couldn't they just work with Prime-verse's Arcee look to the main continuity? Prime-verse's Arcee has the sleek look, and a battle ready design.

Arcee here, I just don't like her G1-like design which strike to me as a pacifist bot. I always found this look to be more of a caretaker bot, rather than a badass killing machine. The black repaint doesn't do much, that and her toy's body proportion compared to Chromia and Windblade.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706187)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on July 4th, 2015 @ 6:52pm CDT
zwann wrote:I gotta say, I don't like this look of Arcee being a badass. Her design back in G1 movie was as a stereotype female character. Her design lacks this certain x factor.

So you're saying something has to LOOK bad-ass to be lethal? That's funny because I happen to be the skinniest, most unassuming looking amongst all my friends and yet when the **** hits the fan, they all stand behind me because I'm the fastest, most precise and powerful fighter of all of us. I'm trained in the martial arts and proficient with 6 of the nastiest silent weapons to ever devastate a human body.
From my POV, having Arcee look unassuming and matronly is EXACTLY what you need in a deadly assassin bot. You can't really get close to your target if you are bristling with cannons and blades and 5 times larger than life. Kinda paints a big ol' bulls-eye on ones chest and fairly screams "Here comes the Death Squad! You better run!"
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706192)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 4th, 2015 @ 7:31pm CDT
Ok. After the first panel...I'm ok with this. More one shots please.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706203)
Posted by Henry921 on July 4th, 2015 @ 8:42pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Ok. After the first panel...I'm ok with this. More one shots please.

As long as it gets collected in a TPB too. Punishment looks so awkward just sliding in between my RID volumes.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706244)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 5th, 2015 @ 3:30am CDT
Looks good so far.

And I wish Pitre-DuRocher could be permanent artist on Windblade. Howell's work (to me), is far too cartoonish and silly looking for serious storylines. Yes, P-D's bots are drawn a touch too toyetically correct, but they have a realness to them that Howell's don't.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706790)
Posted by TGS1985 on July 6th, 2015 @ 7:18pm CDT
Ironhide, "I think it looks nice."
Chromia, "Shut up!"

Please you two. You could cut the... whatever you'd call that type of tension, with a energon knife.

Kidding aside, I enjoyed the sample of writing (never would I have imagined "sitting-box" as an analogy for "ass") and I'm digging the artwork also. I wouldn't mind Sara Pitre-Durocher on the Windblade series to be perfectly honest.

Other than that, knowing that Chromia's new look is city speaker influenced (which now knowing that it seems obvious) I kind of want her Combiner Hunter figure more now.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1706904)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:39am CDT
I'm excited. This looks cool. "did you really think it would be that easy" :lol: :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Combiner Hunters One Shot iTunes Preview (1724998)
Posted by Va'al on September 9th, 2015 @ 8:32am CDT
Did you miss the monthly releases during the IDW Publishing Combiner Wars crossover? Were you waiting for the trades? Would you rather have them digitally, and at a cheaper price? ComiXology is here to help, with a sale on the two volumes that make up the Combiner Wars event in the current IDW Transformers universe! Collecting The Transformers #33-38 (First Strike) and #39-41 plus Windblade #1-3 (Combiner Wars), the two trades can be purchased at half the price until September 14th - head over here to digitally purchase and catch up now!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY