Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview

Saturday, April 18th, 2015 4:27am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,944

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Have a comics preview for a weekend! Coming out this Wednesday, the first three pages of the new chapter in IDW Publishing's Combiner Wars has appeared 'magically' (thank you Mariel) on iTunes - in Windblade #2. Check them out below, mirrored via Seibertronian Madeus Prime, come back on Tuesday for a full preview, and Wednesday for our review!

PROWL makes his move… and the galaxy will never be the same. Can WINDBLADE stand against the threat of the COMBINERS?


Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - The Transformers and Windblade

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - The Transformers and Windblade

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - The Transformers and Windblade

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676608)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2015 @ 4:30am CDT
As a note: Ramondelli has a very fast output, and the issues are coming out very very quickly if you consider that it's two monthlies for the same story. Creative decisions had to be made by the team, meaning that he took over for this issue of Windblade, while Stone is working on issue #3.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676611)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 18th, 2015 @ 4:49am CDT
I know she'll be back. I know stuff happens. I understand Ramondelli outdid himself drawing two books in one month. He's not a terrible artist as some would insinuate (he draws better than I can, for sure). But I was really looking forward to Stone's art for this issue so I'm a bit disappointed that it'll be another month. Ah well. The story preview is good. Windblade gets more snappy dialog and that's always worthwhile.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676613)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2015 @ 4:58am CDT
Oh I know, not calling you out on anything! Just making sure we're all aware of why the 'change' happens. :D
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676643)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 18th, 2015 @ 9:03am CDT
I can't help but feel like Starscream is being under used.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676654)
Posted by ebonyleopard on April 18th, 2015 @ 9:29am CDT
At least he's doing a better job of distinguishing one robot form another. I find, often, that's the primary weakness of his work. It's just hard to tell who's who, especially when he attempts to put cameos or Easter eggs in a scene.

Unfortunately, Stone's work is too intricate for the amount of time she'd need to doe these (too bad they couldn't get a few months ahead of the schedule).

Not going to lie, it is a disappointment to relaize this is Windblade 2 and not see Stone's work, but at least she'll be back for #3.

My question is though, what happened to the other TF artist? Are there now only 5 main artists for Transformers now?
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676799)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 18th, 2015 @ 11:23pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:At least he's doing a better job of distinguishing one robot form another. I find, often, that's the primary weakness of his work. It's just hard to tell who's who, especially when he attempts to put cameos or Easter eggs in a scene.

Unfortunately, Stone's work is too intricate for the amount of time she'd need to doe these (too bad they couldn't get a few months ahead of the schedule).

Not going to lie, it is a disappointment to relaize this is Windblade 2 and not see Stone's work, but at least she'll be back for #3.

My question is though, what happened to the other TF artist? Are there now only 5 main artists for Transformers now?

Milne, Stone, Griffith, Ramondeli...

Help me out here Va'al; I know I should know this, but are there any other regular artists working Transformers?

I'm only not counting Raiz because he doesn't appear regularly.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676834)
Posted by Va'al on April 19th, 2015 @ 4:02am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Ebonyleopard wrote:At least he's doing a better job of distinguishing one robot form another. I find, often, that's the primary weakness of his work. It's just hard to tell who's who, especially when he attempts to put cameos or Easter eggs in a scene.

Unfortunately, Stone's work is too intricate for the amount of time she'd need to doe these (too bad they couldn't get a few months ahead of the schedule).

Not going to lie, it is a disappointment to relaize this is Windblade 2 and not see Stone's work, but at least she'll be back for #3.

My question is though, what happened to the other TF artist? Are there now only 5 main artists for Transformers now?

Milne, Stone, Griffith, Ramondeli...

Help me out here Va'al; I know I should know this, but are there any other regular artists working Transformers?

I'm only not counting Raiz because he doesn't appear regularly.


Current regulars: Milne, Griffith, Stone for the three series, Ramondelli for events and special issues. Scioli for TvJ. Upcoming are Howell and Tramontano (Windblade and RID).

Occasionals, but less than Ramondelli, are Shearer and Cahill, sometimes Rojo and Raiz, and the guest artists like Sakamoto.

Then you have covers: Casey Coller, Nick Roche, plus the rotating artists for the RI variants.

Currently active in the franchise in some form are Guidi, Matere, Santalucia.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676890)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 19th, 2015 @ 10:53am CDT
I love the way this is panning out especially as more colony worlds are found a council will build with all the relationships that will bring with it. Though I can see a rebellion being left against starscream before too long.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1676910)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 19th, 2015 @ 12:24pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I love the way this is panning out especially as more colony worlds are found a council will build with all the relationships that will bring with it. Though I can see a rebellion being left against starscream before too long.

Well, the seeds are already there; Optimus, Windblade and Ironhide. Bt at the same time, Optimus is torn because he realizes Starscream was chosen by the people of Cybertron democratically. He may not like it, but he can't do anything about it without hard evidence for the same reason they needed to hold Megatron's trial in public. And Windblade already jeopardized her credibility during her first miniseiries. Not to mention, when Prime and the people of Caminus find out what Chromia did, that's gonna drive another different wedge in current affairs.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677109)
Posted by MrBlack on April 20th, 2015 @ 11:13am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I love the way this is panning out especially as more colony worlds are found a council will build with all the relationships that will bring with it. Though I can see a rebellion being left against starscream before too long.

Well, the seeds are already there; Optimus, Windblade and Ironhide. Bt at the same time, Optimus is torn because he realizes Starscream was chosen by the people of Cybertron democratically. He may not like it, but he can't do anything about it without hard evidence for the same reason they needed to hold Megatron's trial in public. And Windblade already jeopardized her credibility during her first miniseiries. Not to mention, when Prime and the people of Caminus find out what Chromia did, that's gonna drive another different wedge in current affairs.

Starscream still needs the spacebridge to contact other colony worlds, so he needs to keep Windblade in his good graces. Letting Chromia's crimes become public won't do that.

I imagine that Chromia's actions are going to be used more thematically than as an actual plot point. Windblade is learning that an effective leader has to compromise sometimes, as she did in agreeing to help Starscream in exchange for protecting her friend. For all her talk, she still had trouble seeing Optimus as a normal bot rather than a demigod, and she's only now learning that he has foibles as well.

I think the real problem is going to be the Mistress of Flame. Windblade seems to accept that a Prime can still be a flawed individual. The Mistress of Flame seems to be having much more trouble with the concept.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677364)
Posted by Va'al on April 21st, 2015 @ 1:51am CDT
Looking for your weekly fill of Transformers comics? IDW Publishing has you covered, with the third chapter in the Combiner Wars event taking place in the pages of Windblade #2! Check out a full preview below, and head back here to Seibertron.com on the day of release to keep the discussion going with our own review.

Transformers: Windblade—Combiner Wars #2
Mairghread Scott (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
PROWL makes his move… and the galaxy will never be the same. Can WINDBLADE stand against the threat of the COMBINERS?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Combiner Wars Part 3!
The biggest battle on CYBERTRON is about to get bigger!
Variant Hasbro Combiner Wars poster cover!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677383)
Posted by prjkt on April 21st, 2015 @ 5:11am CDT
lol @ Prowl's description on the Roll Call page.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677391)
Posted by Easy Tiger on April 21st, 2015 @ 6:46am CDT
"FIXIT AND THE CO-CALLED PROTECTOBOTS"

Is it too late to spot typos? And wonder why a name-check for Fixit is accompanied by a closeup of First Aid?

Not that I'm knocking it - truth is I'm stoked.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677411)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 21st, 2015 @ 9:36am CDT
Anyone else think it's kind of sketchy how Optimus allows the Camians to perceive him as a god just to take power away from Starscream?

And yet when Astrotrain did it in "The God Gambit" apparently that's a bad guy thing to do. :P
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677412)
Posted by Wheeljack808 on April 21st, 2015 @ 9:41am CDT
prjkt wrote:lol @ Prowl's description on the Roll Call page.


I know right?

Prowl is Prowl :lol:
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677660)
Posted by Flashwave on April 21st, 2015 @ 10:12pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Anyone else think it's kind of sketchy how Optimus allows the Camians to perceive him as a god just to take power away from Starscream?

And yet when Astrotrain did it in "The God Gambit" apparently that's a bad guy thing to do. :P

It's worse than that. He's not just taking Power away from Starscream, but he's using the Camian religion as a way to insert himself into the power structure that he can keep Starscream in check.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677679)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 21st, 2015 @ 10:58pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:Anyone else think it's kind of sketchy how Optimus allows the Camians to perceive him as a god just to take power away from Starscream?

And yet when Astrotrain did it in "The God Gambit" apparently that's a bad guy thing to do. :P

It's worse than that. He's not just taking Power away from Starscream, but he's using the Camian religion as a way to insert himself into the power structure that he can keep Starscream in check.


Plus, he's using his authority to enforce his own policy on what should be done regarding leadership, undermining the elected leader. "Former Leader" my aft.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677698)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 21st, 2015 @ 11:39pm CDT
Rattrap needs to blow the whistle on Starscream's operations and let Optimus or somebody else run for president of Cybertron.
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677700)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 21st, 2015 @ 11:41pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Rattrap needs to blow the whistle on Starscream's operations and let Optimus or somebody else run for president of Cybertron.


To paraphrase Lex Luthor, do you know how much power Optimus would have to GIVE UP to be President?
Re: Sneak Peek IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Windblade #2 iTunes Preview (1677702)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 21st, 2015 @ 11:43pm CDT
Optimus is supposed to be the one that bows to the will of the people. That's why he left Cybertron in the first place and why he's trying not to tell Starscream how to do his job.
Of course 4 million years of being in charge makes it hard to stop giving orders.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Power of The Spark Sonic Swirl Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Mirage New Inhand" on EBAY