Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 1:52pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,091

A little later than usual, as the comic is slated for release next week, we have the iTunes three-page preview of the next issue of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, number #43! Check out below some meta-self-holomatter goodness from IDW Publishing mirrored below!

Three years into their quest, and the crew of the Lost Light were starting to think that the universe held no more nasty surprises. And then a planet started chasing them.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712118)
Posted by Syn_13 on July 22nd, 2015 @ 2:07pm CDT
I'm confused, bewildered and loving it already.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712128)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 22nd, 2015 @ 2:37pm CDT
But...but what if I don't know everybody's name?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712132)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 22nd, 2015 @ 2:42pm CDT
and what if no ones glad I came?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712139)
Posted by TGS1985 on July 22nd, 2015 @ 3:12pm CDT
The Audio Knights Theatre released the following song on their twitter last night. After seeing that last preview page, it now all makes sense!

https://soundcloud.com/theaudioknightst ... -themesong
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712158)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 22nd, 2015 @ 3:46pm CDT
You know what they need to do one day on the lost light? RPG night. Yeah play some advanced Dungeons and Dragons, maybe Call of Cthulhu, Oh the lost light doing Planescape would be metal.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712159)
Posted by MrBlack on July 22nd, 2015 @ 3:51pm CDT
Alright, let's figure out what's going on here.

We know a few things:

-Swerve disappeared last issue.
-A planet is chasing the ship.
-A scouting mission is in what appears to be New York looking for someone.

So...

Something has kidnapped Swerve and turned his mindspace into a city, or perhaps an entire planet. Given that he recently took in every bit of Earth culture he could get his hands on, his version of New York looks like a typical American sitcom. And, of course, his adventures on the Lost Light are represented in his favorite media form: comic books. The scouting crew from the Lost Light go in to find Swerve using holomatter avatars to keep a low profile, and perhaps to keep from disrupting the illusion created by Swerve.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712160)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 22nd, 2015 @ 3:58pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:Alright, let's figure out what's going on here.

We know a few things:

-Swerve disappeared last issue.
-A planet is chasing the ship.
-A scouting mission is in what appears to be New York looking for someone.

So...

hmmm. that sounds fairly likely.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712164)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 22nd, 2015 @ 4:10pm CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712165)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 22nd, 2015 @ 4:11pm CDT
They are on the set of Friends...

Pardon my internet-speak, but WTF? :P

(Actually, please pretend that I didn't instantly recognize the set of Friends, I am not proud of that)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712186)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 22nd, 2015 @ 4:55pm CDT
ctrlFrequency wrote:They are on the set of Friends...

Pardon my internet-speak, but WTF? :P

If they were on the set of friends they'd call attention to the ugly naked guy. God damn I hate that I know that.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712190)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 22nd, 2015 @ 5:05pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:They are on the set of Friends...

Pardon my internet-speak, but WTF? :P

I hate that I know exactly what you're talking about...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712202)
Posted by Yweggo on July 22nd, 2015 @ 5:55pm CDT
ctrlFrequency wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:They are on the set of Friends...

Pardon my internet-speak, but WTF? :P

I hate that I know exactly what you're talking about...

I don't!!!

Know what he's talking about, that is.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712205)
Posted by Randomhero on July 22nd, 2015 @ 6:11pm CDT
I usually won't judge till I have the book in my hand but good god am I hating everything in these three pages...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712206)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 22nd, 2015 @ 6:14pm CDT
Yweggo wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:They are on the set of Friends...

Pardon my internet-speak, but WTF? :P

I hate that I know exactly what you're talking about...

I don't!!!

Know what he's talking about, that is.

Consider yourself lucky.

(running joke on Friends, there was an apartment apparently within visual distance of the girls' apartment window, the one Cyclonus is staring out, rented by a guy who was ugly, and did everything in the nude)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712207)
Posted by Randomhero on July 22nd, 2015 @ 6:15pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Eeeeeehhh... far too meta for my tastes. And with how lackluster the last few issues have been, I might hold off on this one.

Honestly I might too. The wiki article might be all that's needed. This is beyond meta. This is the shark not only jumping but jumping while holding chainsaws being ridden by a velociraptor shooting machine guns and dynamite in its mouth. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712212)
Posted by Optimizzy on July 22nd, 2015 @ 6:46pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

oh man! I want to see that!!

Remember "jumping the shark" refers to a Zenith of a piece of media. In other words, the highest point before the eventual downfall. In the example in Happy Days, the "Jump the Shark" moment was seen as the point where viewership started to fall. Though actually the show was still immensely popular for several more years.

so...I'm ok with this. Even if it is the sign of a downturn, it doesn't mean they can't bring it back.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712222)
Posted by Randomhero on July 22nd, 2015 @ 7:21pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

oh man! I want to see that!!

I know what jumping the shark means. Why do you think im using a TV reference on MTMTE? Oh right, because this is MTMTE and instead of writing this like a comic it's being treated like an episode of a show, which doesn't always work. Last two issues are a pretty good example of that.

Seriously, with the past couple issues its feeling more and more like James Roberts is just dusting off his old fanfic scripts to his favorite shows and putting transformers in them. But you know what? It doesn't matte because like I said before, if it's got James Roberts name on it, than it's already a 4/5 or higher by the fans.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712231)
Posted by Deadput on July 22nd, 2015 @ 7:52pm CDT

But nope Roberts is still being self indulgent with his writing.

Tell me people how does a parody of a show my mother used to watch drive the plot towards the showdown with the DJD?

Answer it does not.

Where is Megatron or Rodimus's character development?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712249)
Posted by Randomhero on July 22nd, 2015 @ 8:54pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:I was expecting Mtmte to get good again after the delays and the last two bad issues.

But nope Roberts is still being self indulgent with his writing.

Answer it does not.

Where is Megatron or Rodimus's character development?

Yeeeeeeeh.... Kinda just seems more and more that Megatron was really just shoehorned in post Dark Cybertron. Roberts has said that Megatron's involvement has changed the original plan he had. You can kinda tell it has and it hasn't.

Slaughterhouse: some good moments, but he was just kind of in the background
Elegant Chaos: well he got a participant ribbon.
Lately he's just wallowing in the background wallowing, no longer feels he's actually co-captain.

no doubt we're going to be getting some more Megatron soon with leading up to The Dying of Light because with the DJD things have changed.

As much griping I've been doing I do have faith.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 iTunes Preview (1712253)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on July 22nd, 2015 @ 9:18pm CDT

But nope Roberts is still being self indulgent with his writing.

Answer it does not.

Where is Megatron or Rodimus's character development?

Remember, this is a teaser, it's obvious there's something more here, they pretty much say it.

The comic Tailpipe is reading, the nostalgic pop culture TV show apartment, Blue Streak's very pop culture avatar... there's a point to all the American pop culture references (besides, wasn’t too long ago there was complaints about the British pop culture references.... I don't think one should complain about more American pop culture being shoved at us much more forcibly than the British culture was).

Cyclonus hasn't had decent panel time in awhile, let Rodimus and Megs simmer in the back a bit why he spends some time brooding in the light , i'm sure there's plans. Roberts always has plans, he's building to something, just so long as he doesn't pansey*ss the DJD.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY