Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview

Wednesday, November 11th, 2015 8:17am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 27,282

The rock star digital assistant over at IDW Publishing, Mariel Romero, has uploaded the short short preview of the upcoming new adventure featuring Tailgate, Cyclonus, and Getaway, in Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 - check out the three pages from iTunes below!

FRIENDSHIP ISN'T MAGIC! TAILGATE has a choice to makeā€”and if he had any idea what was at stake, he'd think twice before making it. The crew is ripped apart as MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE begins the sprint towards its shocking 50th issue!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740649)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 11th, 2015 @ 9:24am CST

I feel like we have moved from rock opera to soap opera.

Maybe it's just me.

Or in the spirit of what I'm saying, "It isn't you, it's me."
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740650)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 11th, 2015 @ 9:25am CST
Cyclonus drinking his sorrows away well this will be one interesting story...
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740665)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 11th, 2015 @ 11:06am CST
Counterpunch wrote:...and now frankly, as much as I enjoy this series, I have had enough of the romance angle.

I feel like we have moved from rock opera to soap opera.

Maybe it's just me.

Or in the spirit of what I'm saying, "It isn't you, it's me."

It's not just you.

It's especially grating if you don't buy into the romance angle that season 2 seems to be actively courting.

Then again, I REALLY don't like Tailgate's capering for attention post-Dark Cybertron, so most of the storylines involving him feel forced, if only to appeal to the "OMG so cute" fans. :P
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740666)
Posted by 1984forever on November 11th, 2015 @ 11:07am CST
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740671)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 11th, 2015 @ 11:35am CST

At the same time, some characters have really taken the backburner for season 2. Swerve, Tailgate and Whirl really haven't felt like they have done much, so I am ok with them being brought back in. I like em! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740680)
Posted by Randomhero on November 11th, 2015 @ 12:10pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I will admit the romance part does not feel that good, and the way Getaway is trying to get Tailgate is not very good either. Kinda dark really. I really feel Cyclonus may beat Getaway to the point of death here.

Yet Swerve got an entire issue revolving around him, did a bunch of openings, tailgate was everywhere in elegant Chaos as well as having a lot of time centered around him with this "love triangle" through out the past year and half and Whirl too was all over in elegant chaos as well as being one of the most important characters in the series with saving megatrons life. How can you say those three haven't had much time?
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740682)
Posted by Deadput on November 11th, 2015 @ 12:12pm CST
1984forever wrote:Whenever I get the urge to download MTMTE I just play Devastation instead. Transformers in romantic relationships with other Transformers half their size just reminds me of pedophilia. :SICK:

Well that's the point right now for whatever reason they are trying to make Getaway look like a creep right now.

Wait I thought you had nothing to do with anything beyond 1985.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740700)
Posted by 1984forever on November 11th, 2015 @ 1:02pm CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Wait I thought you had nothing to do with anything beyond 1985.
But Chromedome has been looking like a pedophiliac for a long time now. Eject's head is large but his body is small like that of a young boy.

This book would be so much better if it were written by one of the season 1 guys or Ron Friedman. We definitely wouldn't be having this conversation now.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740702)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 11th, 2015 @ 1:07pm CST
1984forever wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Wait I thought you had nothing to do with anything beyond 1985.

Oh, 1984forever, you never change.

Though I do find that Chromedome and Rewind have become a lot more one-note this season, primarily known as "the two that are a couple", ESPECIALLY Chromedome.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740718)
Posted by DeadCaL on November 11th, 2015 @ 1:57pm CST
I used to greatly prefer MTMTE (over the comparatively dry, average mainline comic) because of it's colorful character led story about a bunch of jerks on a ship. Now I've switched back, mainly because the main comic is actually about Transformers doing Transformery things and doesn't have a drop of teenage romance drama.

I'll still buy MTMTE for the non drama bits, but it's getting a bit annoying.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740722)
Posted by Deadput on November 11th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CST
1984forever wrote:

You mean Rewind right?

Rewind is actually older then Chromedome and what do you expect from someone who turned into a cassette some people are just short it's not pedophilia.

I can also guarantee you the season 1 guys would not make the comics better Season 1 of the Transformers was pretty bland and boring most of the good things from the cartoon came from season 2.

Ron Friedman is not that great either.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740723)
Posted by Deadput on November 11th, 2015 @ 2:08pm CST
DeadCaL wrote:I used to greatly prefer MTMTE over the comparatively dry, average mainline comic, because of it's colorful character led story about a bunch of jerks on a ship. Now I've competently switched back, mainly because the main comic is actually about Transformers doing Transformery things and doesn't have a drop of teenage romance drama.

I'll still buy MTMTE for the non drama bits, but it's getting a bit annoying.

Romance is hardly the spotlight in MTMTE their only side stories.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740729)
Posted by 1984forever on November 11th, 2015 @ 2:40pm CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
1984forever wrote:

You mean Rewind right?

Ron Friedman is not that great either.

I honestly don't know what's going on with this rag. First it's that Constructicon Scavenger's entire fan club deciding to ride My Little Ponies into battle instead of using their alt modes.... and then next we get a peek inside mini Fort Max's shuttle and discover that he is an avid plush toy collector. Now with this ish we get an Archie comic with a Transformers logo on it. Hasbro needs to pull this license quick!
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740734)
Posted by Deadput on November 11th, 2015 @ 3:18pm CST
1984forever wrote:Yeah, I meant Rewind. I have trouble telling him apart from Eject. Now Rumble and Frenzy I can tell from one another because Frenzy is Red and Rumble is blue.

Wat?

The only one of those I have ever heard of was the Archie cover which is only an alternate cover celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Archie comics its not canon get over it comics do it all the time.

Why would any of that merit Hasbro pulling their licence when they encourage that behavior?

Look I don't think Transformers is your thing anymore the original cartoon ended a long time ago and Hasbro is moving on like everyone else.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740735)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 11th, 2015 @ 3:23pm CST
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Wat?

Just don't bother, man. It's all in the name.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740738)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 11th, 2015 @ 3:50pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

They have had their bits, but at least to start with, Megatron took all center stage. Up until issue 35 it was really all Megs and little bits of other things (now i get why and i very much enjoyed it, bu still) and then while Whirl and Tailgate were prevalent, they sort of passed back into the back once the time trip was over. And then yes Swerve had an issue to himself (which i loved) and that was pretty much it. i do enjoy the Swerve recaps though.

All in all though, Megs, Chromedome, Brainstorm and Nautica have taken the larger stage. Which like I said i don't mind, but I'd prefer others getting more time too. Ole Highbrow, Blaster and Hound are bridge crew and yet they get really no time, so it'd just be a matter of more character diversity. And I also wish we would find out who Whirl was talking to in issue 28. :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740747)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 11th, 2015 @ 4:20pm CST
1984 Forever you are a constant in an ever changing universe. I fear that if you change opinion and join us in the year 2015 that the apocalypse has well and truly arrived.

Now for the preview, I think it's interesting that we get these glimpses into the culture of the cybertonains and what their like in the downtime. While I wish other characters could get a focus, I am interested in what route Roberts is taking here.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740750)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on November 11th, 2015 @ 4:23pm CST
Well this looks like rather interesting. Might be another good character-building issue.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740777)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 11th, 2015 @ 7:07pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:

I feel like we have moved from rock opera to soap opera.

Maybe it's just me.

Or in the spirit of what I'm saying, "It isn't you, it's me."

It's not just you.

I certainly think it's hard when all that's in the preview is this and no hints towards other goodness. I'm a bit over the relationship thing, prefer to see more familial relationships explored like spark brothers, split sparks, shared sparks, etc. it does at times feel a little over the top and In our face. I too have been enjoying the main Transformers series more lately... The art has been better, the themes have been far reaching, and the character development is less focused on finding your conjux.

Still reading, and enjoying parts of it, but grimacing and feeling somewhat uncomfortable when scenes like this pop up.

How does Getaway drink? I know his faceplate probably goes away, but he's drinking and talking, nursing his drink, and his faceplate is closed.... Anyway...
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #47 iTunes Preview (1740788)
Posted by Optimizzy on November 11th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CST
I don't mind romance, but i don't want it to be the forefront. Like let's use this issue to really wrap this up. Have the characters do what they need to do and move on.

Of course, this all could have a deeper purpose. We could be thinking that all this is is a love triangle but instead we find out that something else is going on.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY