Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview

Thursday, November 12th, 2015 11:54pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,175

IDW artist and regular colourist for Transformers titles Josh Burcham has shared three tiny panel previews from the upcoming Sins of the Wreckers mini-series on his Facebook page. Check out Impactor, Arcee, Kup and tank Roadbuster below, and head here to find out more about the series from author Nick Roche himself!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview

Credit(s): Josh Burcham

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1741112)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 13th, 2015 @ 3:46am CST
These look good. I like the more 'gritty' look.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1741204)
Posted by avisie on November 13th, 2015 @ 12:36pm CST
Very excited. Been waiting for this for a long time. LSOTW is probably my favourite TF book EVER. Been dying to find out what happens to Springer and I loved how Impactor and Guzzle were written. The gritty look suits The Wreckers perfectly.

STOP TEASING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1741341)
Posted by padfoo on November 13th, 2015 @ 6:13pm CST
So true about being gritty, this looks like art from a graphic novel out of the nineties or early 2K's. I like it it suits this kind of darker mature themed story.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1741415)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on November 13th, 2015 @ 10:49pm CST
Guys - I think I'm in love...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1742145)
Posted by helli0n on November 17th, 2015 @ 1:36pm CST
Should be obvious at this point, but Previews finally posted an official release date of 11/25/15 for Sins of the Wreckers.

Previews World - TRANSFORMERS SINS OF WRECKERS #1 (OF 5)

Item Code: SEP150370
In Shops: 11/25/2015
SRP: $3.99
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1742218)
Posted by ciberw0lf on November 17th, 2015 @ 6:39pm CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1742224)
Posted by helli0n on November 17th, 2015 @ 7:12pm CST
ciberw0lf wrote:Dumb question: Is Sins of the Wreckers available digitally? I've checked IDW and Comixology but can't seam to find digital versions. Thanks

It should be available on the 25th or maybe the 24th of November. I'm not 100% sure on when digital comics get released.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743286)
Posted by Va'al on November 21st, 2015 @ 2:08am CST
The second release for the week by IDW Publishing brings the long-awaited return of the most ill-fitting crew of Cybertronian mercenaries around - Sins of the Wreckers starts here! Check out the full preview below, and make sure to drop by the Energon Pub for our review and discussion once it's released.

Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers #1 (of 5)—SPOTLIGHT
Nick Roche (w & a & c)
THE WRECKERS RETURN! Somebody’s kidnapped PROWL… but does anybody want him back? A lifetime of messing with everybody’s lives comes around to haunt him. Fortunately, he’s always got a plan. In this case… the one team of brutal, broken heroes… the WRECKERS!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
The sequel to LAST STAND OF THE WRECKERS—one of the most acclaimed comics in TRANSFORMERS history!
PROWL gets his comeuppance!
Features ARCEE and KUP… and the WRECKERS!
The secret history of PROWL revealed, leaving everybody hurt.
Variant cover by Alex Milne!

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743300)
Posted by Henry921 on November 21st, 2015 @ 5:45am CST
Some people just can't live without a war.

Loving this so far.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743422)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 21st, 2015 @ 2:54pm CST
Glad to see and hear about all these guys again. I'm looking forward to the storyline :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743453)
Posted by LE0KING on November 21st, 2015 @ 5:05pm CST
Man MMC timed their spartan release just right. I wasn't going to get it, but after reading this little preview I think I might.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743619)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 22nd, 2015 @ 11:22am CST
So much hype!!! I am pumped for this.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743667)
Posted by Randomhero on November 22nd, 2015 @ 3:22pm CST
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743668)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 22nd, 2015 @ 3:48pm CST
I'm sure it will be explained during the story when this actually takes place. :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743681)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 22nd, 2015 @ 4:41pm CST
Randomhero wrote:It looks nice. Not a fan of the coloring and the continuity is a giant mess. Maybe it takes place before combiner wars? Be terrible especially since that's been almost a year from where we are now. Maybe after this conquers arc? Who knows. Bugs the hell out of me though.

How is it a mess? This takes place after Combiner Wars, directly after the Barber arc we are in now as far as I know. The preview also states it's been 1467 days since Springer was injured so that right there is the exact timeline.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743710)
Posted by Randomhero on November 22nd, 2015 @ 7:25pm CST
Doctor McGrath wrote:

Because Prowl is a wanted Fugitive. Issue 42 ended with him escaping custody being taken by Rattrap. Issue 44 revealed he is a wanted fugitive with no allies and with Wanted posters everywhere. Arcee was even filled in with what he did during Combiner Wars and Prowl is not in this current story at all. This comic shows that Prowl was on the Ark-27 and just disappeared from his quarters. 1. hes not with the Earth Autobots right now because hes a wanted fugitive everywhere and 2. The Ark is demolished right now. it is beat to hell and here, its fine. I even asked Nick personally on facebook "when does this take place?" he was kind enough to reply back to me but all he said "the current timeline of IDW" i responded back my points. "but Prowl is a wanted fugitive at the moment. he has no allies with any Autobots, especially Arcee and Kup because they know he went too far in Combiner Hunters" sadly nick did not reply to that.

Honestly? I dont think Nick knew what was going on with Prowl in John's book when he started Sins of the Wreckers. I'm not saying this is all nicks fault because thats something the editor should inform him on. Prowl is a huge character in this series, its essentially about him being missing but we know where he is and he wasnt captured. he escaped custody by Rattrap.

some have tried to justify this saying 'obviously Arcee snuck him back to Earth and he joined back up" no, thats a scene that would require being shown in John's Transformers book especially with Autbots like Kup, Jazz and Sideswipe on Ark-27 who are mroe loyal to Optimus than Arcee. Prowl is an important character to what John Barber has been doing and thats a cop-out to try explain whats going on and I have more respect for IDW and the people creating these books to do something that unprofessional. thats the equivalent of skipping Brainstorm's trial after Elegant Chaos and him just appearing as part of the crew again. Everyone would be screaming "What the is he doing hanging out with everyone again"
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743715)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 22nd, 2015 @ 7:43pm CST
It could be possible that this was set in the time between Prime's departure and Prowl taking the bridge to cybertron, where his events happened. This could be a going back in time to explain stuff story :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743716)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 22nd, 2015 @ 7:48pm CST
I wouldn't over think it. This is the preview for the first issue in a mini-series. It will all work out.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743721)
Posted by Randomhero on November 22nd, 2015 @ 9:00pm CST
I honestly hope so. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but the comics are my medium with transformers anymore. I don't watch the cartoons anymore, I collect only classics/generations and I'm picky with continuity, Andy Schmidt just left me so jagged and John has been so damn good running IDW for the past 4 years I just get nitpicky when I know this universe so well and when something doesn't doesn't fit, I get a little "hold on a second" lol. I do have faith in this book. I just don't want this to be something that someone has to fix later. IDW transformers has become better than that in the recent years with their own stories. Yeah they fixed a lot of mess ups the previous did but John hasn't had to fix anything he's been in charge of.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Sins of the Wreckers Snippet Preview (1743761)
Posted by Va'al on November 23rd, 2015 @ 3:41am CST
For people wondering about the timeline, I would recommend listening to Nick Roche talking about it directly on the 129th Twincast Podcast. ;)

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ers/34136/

He addresses this point really early on, too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY