Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview

Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview

Friday, March 14th, 2014 6:42pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 35,369

Thanks to comics and entertainment website Newsarama.com, we get an early look at the first two pages of the upcoming first installment of the four-issue mini-series Windblade! We've seen bits of this before, but check out the images below for the lettered, final version of Sarah Stone and Mairghread Scott's opening sequence to the fan-built character and her discovery of Cybertron.

Transformers: Windblade #1 (of 4): Dawn of the Autobots—SPOTLIGHT
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sarah Stone (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
WHO IS WINDBLADE? In the aftermath of DARK CYBERTRON, WINDBLADE takes the planet by storm! But where did she come from—and what does her secret mean to the future of the TRANSFORMERS? A powerful new chapter in the TRANSFORMERS saga begins here!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
- WINDBLADE takes CYBERTRON by storm!
-Winner of the FAN BUILD BOT POLL—in which fans voted to create an all-new TRANSFORMERS CHARACTER!
- Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS!
- Learn the secret history of WINDBLADE, CHROMIA, and NAUTICA!
- Variant interlocking cover by Livio Ramondelli!

Transformers News: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview

Credit(s): Newsarama

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557651)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:00pm CDT
I NEED a toy of Starscream with that exact expression!
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557653)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
oh yeah i need toys of these fembots.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557654)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:08pm CDT
That artwork.

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557657)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:16pm CDT
Man Starscream's such a dick XD Honestly though, that's the way I like him characterized.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557661)
Posted by Optimizzy on March 14th, 2014 @ 7:40pm CDT

But yeah, I'd like to see deluxes of all the female transformers, including flamewar. I know we have a slipstream but Id like to see a unique version.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557673)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 14th, 2014 @ 9:20pm CDT
Going to take a bit of getting used to but I'm willing to give it a shot. I know some folks are kind of disgruntled about this Fan poll Character getting a comic but I'll support the effort especially since I took so much crap from people for defending Drift way back when it was announced he'd get a figure after only a few comic appearances. Besides, anything that supports the efforts of women in the comics industry is way cool with me.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557693)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 15th, 2014 @ 12:06am CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Image

This sums up my thoughts exactly!

Starscream looks good. I wish the toy pulled off that look, but it doesn't.

I dig the art. It's...almost, maybe, a little, kinda on the cutesy side, but It's just so vibrant, like really nice water color.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557706)
Posted by Henry921 on March 15th, 2014 @ 3:57am CDT
This art style suits Windblade really well. And Starscream's smirk certainly looks very solid.

I'd be impressed if I weren't so determined to be indifferent. >:oP
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557708)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 15th, 2014 @ 4:06am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Image

This sums up my thoughts exactly!

Starscream looks good. I wish the toy pulled off that look, but it doesn't.

I have to agree about the art. Well...more specifically about Chromia and Windblade. Stone's art is gorgeous, especially the opening sunrise and inside Metroplex. But the two 'bots are drawn to look so YOUNG....almost like anime characters- Minerva comes to mind. Yet, Starscream is drawn with a very formidable look- moreso than in the current ongoings. I much preferred the more mature looks of Windblade, Chromia and Nautica in their first appearances in the IDW-verse a few issues back (RiD #25, and MTME #26).
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557732)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 15th, 2014 @ 10:38am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:Image

This sums up my thoughts exactly!

Starscream looks good. I wish the toy pulled off that look, but it doesn't.

Yes, YOUNG is exactly how I feel. But I think it works in terms of conveying the sense that this is all so new to Windblade and Chromia; although they may have been around for who knows how long, it's the youth of a new experience.

But I just can't get over how much I like Screamer's look. I keep thinking Tom Hiddleston's Loki.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557744)
Posted by Va'al on March 15th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
Thanks to IDW Publishing and artist Sarah Stone, we get a look at both the official cover and clean artwork for the third issue in the Windblade mini-series! Check both of them out below.

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557745)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 15th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
Best. Transformers artist. Ever. :x :x :x
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557746)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on March 15th, 2014 @ 1:23pm CDT
Damn. This looks like futurist concept art. It doesn't look like Transformers, it looks better.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557751)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557759)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 15th, 2014 @ 2:48pm CDT
The cover is awesome. The interior art is very good, but there are a few things I'm not too hot about. Like the overly cutsy expressions and Starscream.
the colours are fantastic though.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557766)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 15th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
This is a bit sad and scary at the same time. :evil: It looks like this colorful comic may have a dark and evil plot, since I see Starscream in Windblade's eyes. :twisted:
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557797)
Posted by Darth Zax on March 15th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
I really like the art.
My guess is she will have some kind of love/hate relationship and maybe show some understanding towards Starscream's point of view.
Ha, she could be the comic version of a Transformers fangirl, although i believe the writers have something else planned for her.
Can't wait to pick up this comic and see.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557800)
Posted by Burn on March 15th, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
Guess I'm one of the minority who isn't impressed so far with the art.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557804)
Posted by Convoy on March 15th, 2014 @ 7:15pm CDT
I'm not sure why they decided to flip the picture in the final version. A little surprised Stone was responsible for the cover. Only a little surprised! That woman can draw.
Re: Sneak Peek: IDW Transformers Windblade #1 (Dawn of the Autobots) Preview (1557806)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 15th, 2014 @ 7:19pm CDT
I'm in love? So kawaiiii :x

Btw, izzat Starscream on her optics?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY