Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview

Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview

Tuesday, June 16th, 2015 3:08am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,333

We've already seen the full preview for this week's IDW Transformers comic, out on Wednesday, here - but how about a double treat, with an iTunes three page preview (via the always on the ball Mariel Romero) of the next issue of Windblade? Check it out mirrored below, with Mairghread Scott on writing and Corin Howell on art!

MORE WORLDS-MORE PROBLEMS! After the events of COMBINERS WARS, WINDBLADE and STARSCREAM race to recruit the lost CYBERTRONIAN colonies to the Council of Worlds-but which of them will control the fate of Cybertron?

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes, Mariel Romero

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699032)
Posted by MemphisR56 on June 16th, 2015 @ 3:25am CDT
I'm still having real trouble adjusting to Corin's art.

I'm really missing Sarah Stone's input here.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699041)
Posted by Fireback on June 16th, 2015 @ 4:18am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:I'm still having real trouble adjusting to Corin's art.

Yea, well for 1 we can PASS ON WINDBLADE at least now anyway,
esp. with (the underwhelming) "COMBINER WARS" already being
over & done. It's to bad because CW's shoulda been A Huge
Story/Saga that lasted all summer-- at least till Devy drops.
Right??
Like Prowl-astator should of been more center stage! They just
blew it; did Bruticus even appear? Like WtF!
:CON:

They COULD OF dug deep into Prowl/Devastator gestalt crew dynamic.
That would of been the smart move Imo.
&/or had like A 'Menasor one-shot' or something.
A "Superion one-shot" or an ish ALL about them;
where they could of broke down the whole 'Sling Shot'-'Alpha Bravo'
fiasco. Man,,,, So unfortunate-- "COMBINER WARS" should of been A classic.

We still got Miline's 'Transformers Robots in Disguise' coming
though, time to catch up wit The Lost Light crew - THEE BEST
Transformers series ever! RID. 4Ever!

& yes, [Corin] her Art is Terrible for Transformer's- backgrounds are weak, there's little detail. Her art has an unfortunately childish narrative- aesthetically anyhow.
Keep her on 'Bat-Mite' Or put her on 'Archie', 'Scooby Doo' or something kid-friendly ya know.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699048)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 16th, 2015 @ 5:21am CDT
Despite my thoughts about combiner wars, I'm not about to give up hope on Windblade just yet. I like her as a character and the role she's found herself stuck in.

I'm another one though that hopes Sarah Stone returns to art duties one day though I find this newcomers art less jarring then the art of gi joe vs transformers.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699063)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2015 @ 7:53am CDT
I actually feel a little more comfortable with this art now. It is still not Sarah Stone's art, but it looks ok for me. I don't mind the cartoonish look to it.
And I am actually looking forward to Windblade as an ongoing series. This will be the colony book, and I look forward to seeing what colonies we find and what kinds of crazy stuff can happen.
We already have Caminus, Velocitron, Eukaris, Prion and the spaceship, so we still have 8 to go! who knows what we'll find! :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699065)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on June 16th, 2015 @ 7:56am CDT
As much stock as we put on the writing of any good comic (and you shouldn't demand anything less than spectacular) the artwork should be even more of a consideration for such a visual medium. Just as I'd never want to see Jae Lee pencil the latest Archie comic I don't think Howell's artwork is suitable for portraying mechanical, alien cultures that are constantly embroiled in warfare and conflict.

Whether we want to admit it or not, Transformers physiology is based on adult humans of somewhat different physiques. With that said, the "little guys" such as Swerve or Tailgate share similar diminutive frames that suit their personalities (or vise versa?). When I look at this artwork I see a society of Swerves with their child-like proportions. It doesn't work and distracts from the overall (dramatic) tone of each scene.

This series has potential and I hate to see it hampered by good talent that is unfortunately, not the greatest fit for the series.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699069)
Posted by ScottyP on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:08am CDT
Alpha Dominus wrote:I hate to see it hampered by good talent that is unfortunately, not the greatest fit for the series.

Very well said. I don't think this art is objectively bad on any level, it's just not a great fit. Which, yes, is what you said, this is just me agreeing with you ;)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699083)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 16th, 2015 @ 8:37am CDT
Im not a fan of this art.

And what happened to windblade, why is she winging all the time? And the framing. First Chromia is pushing a decepticon back and then she's whispering in Windblades ear.

This person may be a fine artist but the ball is dropped here.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699163)
Posted by Munkky on June 16th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT
God that artwork is horrible, it looks like fan art taken from the darkest depths of Tumblr.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699185)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 16th, 2015 @ 11:54am CDT
You've clearly not seen my fan art then :P
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699236)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on June 16th, 2015 @ 2:59pm CDT
Maybe instead of asking the artists to change to YOUR expectations, you folks might try pulling the stick out of your collective arses and maybe understand that this book isn't supposed to be the same as the other two TF titles. Once you get past that hurdle, which I sincerely doubt many of you are even capable of, you might be able to actually just sit back and enjoy the entertainment value. It's not a priceless piece of art FFS, it's a COMIC BOOK and the entire lot of you fall WAY short of being professional art critics to begin with.

Your perspectives and priorities are beyond messed up and you all just need to enjoy it for what it is: a few minutes of escapism from your otherwise hectic, screwed up lives.

Having an opinion of someones work is fine but most of you are just pricks about it and are doing it for no other reason than the fact that you can't wrap your tiny minds around something different and that does a disservice not only to the artist but also to yourselves.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699251)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2015 @ 3:42pm CDT
You can express disagreement with the opinions offered before your post, CrankyOldTruck, but do so without resorting to personal insults. Thank you.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699285)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 16th, 2015 @ 6:03pm CDT

How about an interesting Transformer like Prowl, Countdown or Repugnus?

And she's a bot with hair? C'mon! I so wish Marvel or Dreamwave still had the licence.

And I'll take Corin's art any day over Livio or Wildman!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699287)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2015 @ 6:10pm CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Hundreds of Transformers characters over the last 3 decades and they give this fan voted boring as scrap, poor man's Mary Sue her own series.

How about an interesting Transformer like Prowl, Countdown or Repugnus?

And I'll take Corin's art any day over Livio or Wildman!

Well, I liked the fan created character. And I like how they have brought her front and center. She keeps up a good role, as expected since other people, like those who created her, voted with the hopes she'd be an excellent addition. And with her role, IDW has the ability to add so many more stories, and I like how her ongoing is now the colony centered ongoing.
As for an "interesting character", The Transformers is almost completely "Transformers: Prowl" so to speak, and More Than Meets The Eye is all about the almost unknown and forgotten. And I really like that.
And the only female transformer in IDW to have "hair" so far is Firestar, and she is not in this comic. And it actually kinda works. Just cause we're dealing with robots doesn't mean we cannot explore diversity and new designs. :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699294)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 16th, 2015 @ 6:38pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

How about an interesting Transformer like Prowl, Countdown or Repugnus?

And I'll take Corin's art any day over Livio or Wildman!

Hear hear! I agree. I love it when new things are added in to the franchise, even more so when us, the fans, had some say in her development. You may call her a Mary sue but she'll have years of character development ahead, the likes of which we've already seen.

Also with her incursion in the new animated series, I don't think Windblade is going anywhere :)

As for the comment about hair; well its not like other bots haven't had hair before look at Alpha Trion from G1 ;)
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699295)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2015 @ 6:52pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

I completely agree with Windblade going nowhere anytime soon :)
And yes. Before a single person thinks about complaining about hair, look at Alpha Trion, Wreck-gar or scourge. :lol: :BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699356)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 17th, 2015 @ 12:50am CDT
Even as a kid I thought the facial hair on Alpha Trion and Wreck Gar looked stupid. Alpha Trion is a horrible cliché. I've always hated him.
There's diversity and there's slaggin stupidity.
I really am getting fed up with this bloody franchise.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1699370)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 17th, 2015 @ 3:18am CDT
What's wrong with the franchise though? Everything seems to be going right for it. Yes there's some creative decisions I don't like but overall those are minor blips.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1700831)
Posted by Va'al on June 20th, 2015 @ 2:11am CDT
While we have still only seen the iTunes three-page preview for next week's Transformers: Windblade #4, the IDW Publishing Facebook page have revealed a previously unseen incentive variant cover featuring the main character herself - check it out below!

TRANSFORMERS: Windblade #4 out next week

RI Cover Art: Naoto Tsushima, Colors: Jet Enter
IDW Publishing's photo.

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1700837)
Posted by steve2275 on June 20th, 2015 @ 2:33am CDT
gorgeous me thinks
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Windblade #4 iTunes Preview (1700862)
Posted by Wolfguard on June 20th, 2015 @ 5:42am CDT
Absolutely love it. Needs to be made into a poster.

:APPLAUSE:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY