Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?!

Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?!

Monday, March 8th, 2010 8:38am CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 32,934

Allspark member Monocle has posted an image from Brandweek - a media advertising magazine that looks to have given us a sneak peak of the possible Bumblebee design for the upcoming Transformers cartoon - Transformers:Prime.

This image is mainly an advertisement for "The Hub" and this version of Bumblebee does look similar to his movie counterpart.

You can check out the original post here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Allspark member - Monocle

This article was last modified on Monday, March 8th, 2010 10:46am CST

Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052769)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 8th, 2010 @ 8:44am CST
He looks... far too identical to the Movie version of BB to be a new character.

First we hear the show *may* be connected to WFC game, but this looks more like a movie connection.

I'm hoping that this is just an early look and that the final product will look unique enough to not be a mere movie knockoff like this one is.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052776)
Posted by --B-- on March 8th, 2010 @ 9:16am CST
Great, so the newer show may be Bayverse. Ugh. I have to assume it would be some adventures of the TFs before the first movie. As long as it leads to more Classicsverse toys I will tolerate it!
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052781)
Posted by Random on March 8th, 2010 @ 9:33am CST
I'm going to venture that they are staying with a modified movie design to keep up with the new fans. I'm thinking that most of the new fans, due to the movies, are not aware of the fact that Bumblebee used to be a VW Beetle and probably would not accept it as such.

Camaro>Beetle...

Oh, well. Looking forward to a new series anyway. Gonna hold off my criticisms until then.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052783)
Posted by Blurrz on March 8th, 2010 @ 9:35am CST
Was supposed to be similar to WFC Bumblebee..

...but not even close.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052785)
Posted by First-Aid on March 8th, 2010 @ 9:38am CST
He looks very streamlined compared to movie BB. However, I have to wonder if they are just using the image to generate interest. One thing everyone should remember is that most of the target audience for this channel will have NEVER EVER SEEN G1 or even Beast Wars for that matter. So if the toon looked like the original BB, no one would recognize him from that audience. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint to use the movie BB because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH and familiarity often breeds interest. If you are infamiliar with it, you tend to ignore it or- if you are less flexible- insult and berate it (see previous and subsequent posts in this thread for examples). I'm not going to rush to judgement until the cartoon previews and airs, or we get confirmation.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052792)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 8th, 2010 @ 9:58am CST
First-Aid, I hope you are ready to be counted as part of the minority because I can guarantee you that less than a handful of us share the same tolerance, patience and acceptance of this new BB that you do. I'm taking the same approach as you and personally, I don't see the image as a blatant rip-off of Bay style BB but more as a blend of a few different styles and done for exactly the reasons you stated.
I happen to like this new style but that opinion is unfortunately going to be buried in the whiny, derisive prattlings of the selfish, the ignorant and the otherwise completely intolerant which makes up the vast majority of this fandom.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052794)
Posted by Honorbound on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:01am CST
I actually kind of like his look here. Using a wheel as a shoulder joint that way is definitely unique. It may take some getting used to, but it does the job. Overall, a very good lock for him.

I just can't wait to see what Optimus looks like in this series.

T-Macksimus, you are definitely right on that one. If there is one thing that far too many Transformers fans are resistant to, it's new ideas or anything different from Generation One. There are good things about G1, and there are things about it that need to stay dead. For example, an incompetent Megatron who tolerates Starscream's crap.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052795)
Posted by decepticonblitz77 on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:04am CST
YESSS! bayverse all the way! cannot wait for toys
:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052800)
Posted by Flux Convoy on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:12am CST
That's not too bad. I kinda like it. I hope the show is as good as Animated or better.
:BOT:
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052801)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:13am CST
decepticonblitz77 wrote:YESSS! bayverse all the way! cannot wait for toys
:BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hell yeah.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052803)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:14am CST
While I did grow up with G1, I DO actually like Movie-verse Bumblebee better than G1 Bumblebee. Except for the face. The battle mask is cool, but I hate the normal face.

Yes, the robot in this teaser DOES look like Movie-verse Bumblebee, but with a better face. So, if we got a toy that was another version of Movie-verse Bumblebee with this face, I actually would buy him. Hate the idea of buying yet another Movie-verse BB, but a decent face makes all the difference in the world to me.

-J-
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052807)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:23am CST
^Hmm, well if it is similar to Movie BB, I hope he's got a different alt mode, maybe even something Cybertronian. I'm getting pretty tired of the same BB figure getting released over and over again, and a different car would help with that. Maybe if it's some sort of prequel to the Movie, that wouldn't be so bad...

Eh, I suppose it has potential. If I don't like it, it's a welcome break I can use to catch up on old lines. Chances are it'll win me over in the end. I was one of the ones outraged over both Bayverse AND Animated in the beginning, and now I have shelves full of them.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052809)
Posted by Seibertron on March 8th, 2010 @ 10:48am CST

Have any of you considered the possibility of two Transformers cartoons? Maybe one based on the movie, and one based on WFC? Probably wishful thinking on my part, but Hasbro does own its own 50% of a channel for kids. I don't foresee them being able to air TFA because Cartoon Network was their partner on that show.

Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052810)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:02am CST
Looks interesting. :-? (Hope it' NOTHING like animated)
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052811)
Posted by Swiftpaw on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:06am CST
To be honest I'm not entirely sure I'd call that 'bayformerish'. It's much sleeker and not, to use other people's term, 'shredded car metal robot' looking. Some influence from, sure, but.

I'm more disappointed in seeing that its going back to CGI, I liked what cel animation did for Animated. I just hope the get proper CGI like Beast Wars and not that stiff looking stuff they had for Cybertron if they are.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052812)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:08am CST
I'm cranky and I hate it.

So far...
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052816)
Posted by leokearon on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:22am CST
Oh No, my Nightmarish/joke story is coming true

http://leokearon.deviantart.com/art/Sam ... -144387441
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052819)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:33am CST
It's eyes it'S EYES! :BOOM:

This looks like a mix between movie and Animated, with a bit of Waspinator mixed in. I can already see that the CGI will be stylised similar to Pixar just from seeing the face and the arm. A shame that he doesn't seem to share anything from his cybertronian form we have seen in WFC.

I'll reserve judgement till I see a full body shot, after all remember the first image we saw of animated on an advertisement just like this?

I'm guessing this is early material, close to what it will be but not the final version.
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052820)
Posted by Chaoslock on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:37am CST
Re: Sneak Peek of Bumblebee from 'Transformers: Prime'?! (1052822)
Posted by TFGnome on March 8th, 2010 @ 11:41am CST
i dont know about you guys but get a "animated" feel to that helmet (the chin strap).

to me it looks like, animated+bayverse= "new" design

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage & Whirl the flight bot & Hot Spot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Rescue Bot Quickshadow" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S37 BRUNT Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hasbro 2019 MIB Sealed" on EBAY