Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail

Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail

Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 2:03pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,923

This is usually not very important news in other years but with a greater focus on the supply chain and fans curious as to how Hasbro can handle challenges in the pandemic and bring toys to the shelves, we wanted to share with you proof of these new case offerings. In between waves, Hasbro has made available some solid cases for retailers to order, meaning that the case is filled with the same figure. We had seen this in Titans Return with Blurr, Galvatron and Mindwipe, for instance. Below you can see that Hasbro is offering this in the Kingdom line too with a solid case of Wingfinger. This was found at an EB Games/Gamestop in Canada.

It is unsure if solid cases of other characters are being offered and if retailers can distinguish one from the other in their order form or if it's simply part of the deluxe assortment. But it means Hasbro is shipping out product in various ways and as we can see in the image, at least that EB Games location has a nice full shelf for customers. Also, this would be the explanation if ever you see a ton of just one character on your shelves after a restock.

Transformers News: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail

Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116335)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:21pm CDT
What's nice is they do this with some of their other lines too, usually it's just available to smaller, specialized retailers. I remember a few years ago hearing that stores could buy whole cases of Storm Troopers from Star Wars for example.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116336)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:28pm CDT
The whole case of Wingfinger happened at a Walmart in the U.S. as well a couple months back I recall.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116337)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:31pm CDT
I've yet to even see Wingfinger in person.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116339)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I've yet to even see Wingfinger in person.

I've yet to see ANY Kingdom Wave 3 Deluxes in person. Glad I pre-ordered them on Amazon, and came almost 2 months ago.

Although the same thing happened with ER Deluxe wave 3. I got the ones I wanted online, but NEVER saw them at retail.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116341)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:39pm CDT
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Windfinger for next shelfwarmer.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116343)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I've yet to even see Wingfinger in person.

This was my first time.

And @Osupreme, your right, that did happen, I remember looking for a confirmation to that story. Well, we have one now.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116344)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:46pm CDT
I Wingfinger is available like plague rats, it mean clearance is not far ahead.
I'll wait.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116345)
Posted by o.supreme on September 21st, 2021 @ 2:56pm CDT
None of the leakers as far as I am aware have mentioned a Predacon Selects reuse of the Wingfinger mold, which gives me dwindling hope it will happen. My Tricranius is currently stuck at a FedEx facility 2 hours from my home (been there since last Friday)

But I'm hoping once I get it (since Skelivore has many of the same style parts as Wingfinger) I can perhaps use Skelivore as a substitute to make a modified version of the Fossilizer combiner.

Besides my son has been doing some pretty awesome if not nightmarish combinations of his own with all of them. I want him to add Tricranius to the mix and really cut loose before I share pics. ;)
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116347)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 3:04pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I Wingfinger is available like plague rats, it mean clearance is not far ahead.
I'll wait.

EB rarely clearances stuff out and its never amazing deals
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116354)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 21st, 2021 @ 3:46pm CDT
Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116364)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:00pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
I'll wait.

EB rarely clearances stuff out and its never amazing deals

I'm sure it will not be just E.B Games that will have these Wingfingers flocks.

At worst, I'll have one for 2$ less thanks to my Platinum membership.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116365)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:16pm CDT
Seems a bit weird not having another insecticon in wave 2 or 3.

Really want to like the core pretenders but it just feels like there wont be a decent enough roster of them.

Looks like I'll be buying more from this line than I have Kingdom even with all the repacks of figures that werent so good the first time around.

Stunticons are gonna be a hit or miss after getting both CW versions at £80 each compared to £93 just for Motormaster -which if it's in scale to the already too small WFC Primes truck mode it's likely going to be no.

Titan seems pointless with the orig Cybertron toy being pretty good and I dont really want any cybertron figures after selling what I had. Hopefully it will be decent for those that want it and not require any thord party upgrades to complete it.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116367)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on September 21st, 2021 @ 5:27pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?
blackeyedprime wrote:Seems a bit weird not having another insecticon in wave 2 or 3.

It appears the news article about the Legacy wave assortments is linked to the wrong thread, if someone on the news team/with admin powers wants to take a look.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116400)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 21st, 2021 @ 9:42pm CDT
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116403)
Posted by william-james88 on September 21st, 2021 @ 10:20pm CDT
Dr. Caelus wrote:I have a strong feeling that the Stunticon cars will be retools of Earthrise/Kingdom molds that just clip onto Motormaster's trailer. It'd be sturdier, more animation-accurate, and cheaper than another Scramble City combiner.

They can be new molds and also be clip ons.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116404)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 22nd, 2021 @ 12:21am CDT
I just got my Sideswipe and Skywarp 2-pack from Hasbro Pulse the other day. I've already been spoiled for the new "Earthmode" Sideswipe type Lamborghini, having scored Kingdom Red Alert several weeks ago, but it's nice to have this retool of Sideswipe nonetheless. The red and white are bright and pop so much more than on the original Siege release. He's very animation accurate, which is much appreciated. It's just that much more of a "Mini Masterpiece." However, QC seems to be a bit hit and miss on this release. There's just something about the top half of the figure that doesn't come together quite right in alternate mode, resulting in a car that won't roll well. It's not a clearance issue, either, but seemingly has to do with how the front wheels sit. Luckily, I have a second one I had received from Amazon last week (I bought another set to do some parts swapping with Kingdom Red Alert), but that one is also flawed in that the back of the car mode won't clip together flush down the midline, resulting in a big gap down the back of the car. However, it rolls just fine. I ended up separating the two figures at the waist joints and swapping the lower and upper halves of each to get one copy that could clip together in the back and also roll freely. The other one now just hold's Red Alert's spare parts.

Anyway, this obviously leaves me with two Skywarps, which I don't think I need. Is anyone interested in just Maximal Skywarp from this set? PM me if so. Also, let me know if you want to see pics of my Kingdom Red Alert with Kingdom Sideswipe's arms, feet, and shoulder cannon (minus the missile). I'm quite pleased with the results, and it's a very easy and completely reversible swap that requires no tools. :)
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116429)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 22nd, 2021 @ 8:49am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:However, QC seems to be a bit hit and miss on this release. There's just something about the top half of the figure that doesn't come together quite right in alternate mode, resulting in a car that won't roll well. It's not a clearance issue, either, but seemingly has to do with how the front wheels sit. Luckily, I have a second one I had received from Amazon last week (I bought another set to do some parts swapping with Kingdom Red Alert), but that one is also flawed in that the back of the car mode won't clip together flush down the midline, resulting in a big gap down the back of the car.

My copy also has this second problem, but I was able to get close enough with a little extra pressure, and I didn't see any stress marks, though maybe the tabs show a little wear. It's barely noticeable, though, and it doesn't bother me, but it's there.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116432)
Posted by First-Aid on September 22nd, 2021 @ 9:40am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

Likely because the Metroplex mold already exists and can be- and has been- used for multiple figures/repaints. Tidal Wave is really a unique figure...no potential repaint possibilities, no other figures that could adapt from him so very, VERY low reuse/remold/resale. Hence nO TW yet, and I'd be stunned if we got one. Why do you think they continue to make Seekers and Sideswipe clones? Just a change of plastic color and *BOOM* suckers vacuum them up as "different characters".
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116433)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 22nd, 2021 @ 10:20am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

I really don't think repaint/re-use potential carries as much weight at the titan class as it does for other classes so far.

Metroplex, retooloed into Fort Max, redecoed into Grand Max takes the cake for the most mileage from the original mold.

But other than that, all we have is Scorponok redecoed into Black Zarak. Every other titan has been a single mold use.
Re: Solid Cases for WFC Kingdom toys are Appearing at Retail (2116435)
Posted by First-Aid on September 22nd, 2021 @ 10:41am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Cybertron Metroplex?

If they're going to the UT for Titans, why not Tidal Wave?

You dont think the Cybertron Metroplex is a retool of that mold too? Id put money on it if I wasnt married and my wife rook it all...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Arms Micron Airachnid complete Takara Prime AM-18 Arachnid Ida" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2007 Comic Con Transformers Titanium Menasor MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS BROTATO, Greaser Gang 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTBOTS STINKOSAURUS REX, Blind Bag Mystery Toilet Troop 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2009 Sdcc Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY