Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores

Transformers News: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores

Saturday, December 23rd, 2017 1:28AM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 10,233

Some unfortunate news has been floating around the interwebs today regarding the Activision Transformers video games War For Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, Devastation, and Rise of the Dark Spark. It seems that all of these titles have been removed from both the Steam store and the Play Station store. It's currently up to speculation as to why, and if they will return to the stores any time soon. Reports also indicate that the DLCs for the various games are also unavailable, but the games are available for purchase and download on both the XBox and Nintendo stores.

Obviously, physical copies are still available and installable.

If there are any updates to this story, (which there most likely will be), you'll hear about it here, on Seibertron.com!
Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Potential Play Station 4, XBox One Release
Credit(s): Steam, Playstation
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927792)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 23rd, 2017 @ 1:44am CST
The price of physical copies will now skyrocket
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927797)
Posted by nemesisorion on December 23rd, 2017 @ 4:27am CST
Im not suprised the alignment continuity is over wfc foc since 2 months ago since rid freedom fighters episode ended
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927811)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 23rd, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927818)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 23rd, 2017 @ 10:03am CST
Guess Activision don't have the TF license anymore? I'm assuming that the games still exist on the servers for those who already bought them to redownload? That's the way it was with the X-Men and Simpsons arcade games Konami re-released on PS3 and XBox before removing them from purchase some time later? I have Devastation and Dark Spark and they were the only two I liked anyways (didn't actually play FoC but had WfC on my PS3 back when i used to buy discs on release day and completed it and hated it and sold it within one week).
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927857)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 23rd, 2017 @ 2:18pm CST
If its still on xbox and nintendo then its not a license thing, if they lost it then the games would be gone from all marketplaces. Im guessing it has to do with what ever distribution deal they made with sony & steam
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927873)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 23rd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Darn it. I used to have it on my Xbox then my copy got ruined and I meant to get it on steam.

I'd pick it up as soon as possible before the price rises.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1927888)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 23rd, 2017 @ 6:37pm CST
current rumor is all the transformer games are going from Xbox by end of the week (all TF games have been pulled from Steam and PS4 not just the ones mentioned here). https://www.trueachievements.com/n31015 ... mers-games

As much as I disliked the cybertron games (dinobot origin screw over shudders) FoC is only available digitally on xbox one and with no physical release so I might have to pick it up. The devestation skin packs will be unavailable too so I better get my codes used.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1928471)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 27th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CST
Is the DLC for Fall of Cybertron still up on the xbox one store.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1928557)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 28th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CST
the DLC is supposedly included with the game (just multiplayer skins and an extra gun for campaign) just completed the campaign again but cant say for sure if the dlc is there (it adds no extra game score, the only dlc with gamer score is for ROTF on Xbox 360).
Still an empty hollow game experience imho and I forgot how bad jetfires voice is (sounds more like Ironhide which doesnt fit his scientist role at all).
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931104)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2018 @ 5:45am CST
As we reported back before the end of the year (see the story here), Activision Transformers videogames War For Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, Devastation, and Rise of the Dark Spark have been removed from multiple platform stores, such as Steam, XBox, and PlayStation.

Thanks to fellow Seibetronian Sunstar, we have now confirmation of the actual reason for the removal of the games, and it is exactly what numerous readers and players have suggested: the contract between Hasbro and Activision has expired. IGN has more information on the story, as you can read below, and you can follow this link for a longer piece hammering the point.

[quote]Hasbro confirmed to IGN its contract with Activision to publish Transformers games has expired. However, Hasbro is not at this time discussing what, if any, plans it might have for Transformers games on PC and consoles in the future. Multiple mobile games, including Transformers: Forged to Fight, are still ongoing, however.

IGN has reached out to Activision for more details about the contract expiration and will update this story should they respond.[/quote]

[/youtube]

Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931107)
Posted by frogbat on January 12th, 2018 @ 6:51am CST
Pity as I really enjoyed some of their recent output as it was quite G1 centric. Was hoping for a sequel to devastation.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931109)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 12th, 2018 @ 7:04am CST
It doesn't come as much of a surprise, though I wonder who they'll grant the licence to now? Personally I would love to see a tactical game like the super robot wars/Fire Emblem/Advance Wars/ Valkryia Chronicles games. Handheld or switch, I'm easy
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931113)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 8:39am CST
Yep that's what I thought. I like having Devastation and Dark Spark on my PS4. Wouldn't mind if something similar to Forged to Fight (in mixing and matching bots from various universes) would come out on console and still action (I dislike stuff like RPGs and turn based battle strategy things)
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931116)
Posted by Deadput on January 12th, 2018 @ 8:54am CST
I feel like this is the nail in the coffin when it comes to console Transformer games if the franchise continues down the road it is right now.

It's gonna be mobile games in the future since that's what makes the money these days. (Microtransactions is not something I think Transformers alone could handle as a console)
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931119)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:06am CST
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931121)
Posted by mentre83 on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:09am CST
Luckily I managed to get them all during recent Steam sales. Great games, specially the High Moon Studios ones. The news is still a shame though, since I was hoping in a third chapter for that series.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931122)
Posted by Deadput on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:12am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:I'm honestly ok with this, as I 've never liked Activision as a company anyway. They did give us the War for Cybertron series and Devastation, but the Aligned Continuity is all but abandoned (barring Rescue Bots), and Devastation appears to have been a one-shot. Plus, I believe High Moon Studios made WFC/FOC what it was, not Activision. That's why Rise of the Dark Spark was such a massive letdown.

There was also the film tie in games that existed.

I stand by my belief that ROTF on the Xbox/Playstation/PC is the best "Transformers" game that has been made since the transformation and such actually mattered in gameplay unlike the Cybertron games which were good games yes but gameplay wise they were generic third person shooters with Transformation as an afterthought.

Devastation had good game play as well on that matter but it also was a lot more lacking in comparison to ROTF in content. (Regardless if you like or hate the live action stuff this is objectively true)

Oh and the first movie's DS games were awesome too only held back by outdated graphics.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931124)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:16am CST
Deadput wrote:

There was also the film tie in games that existed.

I agree with your criticism on WFC/FOC's gameplay. For me, a great story in a game can outweigh flaws in gameplay (to an extent). That's probably why Legacy of Kain is my favorite game series. Not all of the entries had strong gameplay, but the story told by the games is a masterpiece to me.
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931132)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 12th, 2018 @ 9:47am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:
Deadput wrote:

There was also the film tie in games that existed.

The legacy of kain series never gets the respect it deserves...I wish soul reaver would get a HD remaster (based off the dreamcast version)

Still, I doubt we've seen the last of Transformers on consoles (as long as they don't go near loot boxes or any micro-transactions ever)
Re: Some Transformers Video Games Removed from Play Station and Steam stores (1931141)
Posted by frogbat on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:13am CST
I enjoyed the recent 2 mobile games though I prefer the full game model like the recent civ 6 release on the iPad.

As mentioned a while back would definitely love a TF themed command and conquer style game. TF's mining energon, fuelling their base expansions. Each level adds a level of complexity or special forces that add to your base. E.g wheeljack's special weapon labs... soundwave and blaster adds a comms base. The constructicons and grapple and hoist...

All the while building to a final showdown where the base trasnforms into metroplex or trypticon to launch a full scale assault on the enemy counterpart.

Ah well.