Transformers News: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup

Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 10:32PM CST

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 15,298

Come one, come all! We have a little news roundup on some Bumblebee movie news, starting with (drumroll please):

Soundwave speaks! Yes we get to here his fine, autotuned voice. In this same clip, we see new footage of Bumblebee talking to Optimus Prime, as well as some more footage of Bumblebee and Blitzwing fighting. Here, he shoves a missile into Blitzwing and shoots it, causing an explosion! Thanks to user adam glam on Instagram for all this footage below!
Here is this video.

Here we see Bumblebee trying to fix his voice briefly, in robot mode, as well as a new shot of Shatter and Dropkick, the later of whom threatens to burn the world to cinders... again.
Here is this video.

Next, we get a featurette showing Bumblebee and Charlie trying to fix his voice!
Here is this video.

Then, we have the full "Don't Run!" scene.
Here is this video.

We have the clip of Charlie teaching Bee how to hide.
Here is this video.

Another clip, this time of Sector seven chasing Bee through the woods.
Here is this video.

Last, but not least, a new, upbeat trailer, with multiple new shots he haven't seen! Check it out below!
Here is this video.

Any viewers from China? Well, today we have a confirmation of a release date: January 4th, 2019, two weeks after the North American showing. The article that tells us this comes from Variety.

In a similar vein, Tencent Pictures is collaborating with Paramount Pictures to properly import and distribute the movie, as well as advertising and promotion in mainland China. This is good news, as it is very likely this company can help improve sales in China, which often times, ends up being where much of the movies' profit comes from. The article can be read here, at Cision.

Finally, the fan screening over at the United Kingdom has finished, with a few pictures uploaded of the celebrities present too at Paramount Pictures' UK Facebook page.

So thoughts on our little roundup? Tell us below!
Credit(s): adam glam on Instagram, Variety, Cision, Paramount Pictures UK on Facebook
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997281)
Posted by Deadput on December 5th, 2018 @ 11:52pm CST
notirishman wrote:Yes we get to here his fine, autotuned voice. In this same clip, we see new footage of Bumblebee talking to Optimus Prime, as well as some more footage of Bumblebee and Blitzwing fighting. Here, he shoves a missile into Blitzwing and shoots it! Though we know he survives since he drops Bumblebee off a cliff later in the scene. Thanks to user

Well that's what the trailer wants you to think, going by all the spots and trailers I've already pieced together what happens.

Spoilers for the fight between Bee and Blitzwing. (Not in depth but a gist of the events based off the trailers and word from someone who has seen the film tonight.)

So Blitzwing attacks Bee, they fight and such, Blitz takes Bee up the cliff and does the questioning thing and then drops him off the cliff and afterwards he goes down to finish him off which leads to the end that we see in the spot where Bee lodges a missile into Blitzwing and blows him up therefore killing him, at some point during this fight Blitzwing rips out Bee's voice box, so yes they do show his moment of death in the trailer.

So uh that statement in your article is not entirely accurate.

I mean even before I read stuff from the guy who saw it I had pieced together how the scene was gonna go down thanks to the latest spot.

At least Sector 7 doesn't kill Blitzwing.

Edit: in regards to the spot itself look how clear and good that cgi looks and how emotive Blitz is despite lacking a uh proper mouth.

"It Was At This Moment He Knew... He Slagged Up"
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997293)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 6th, 2018 @ 3:41am CST
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997295)
Posted by 15ngcs1 on December 6th, 2018 @ 4:05am CST

"It Was At This Moment He Knew... He Slagged Up"[/quote]

That's what happens when you have Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings), having a background in animation, as the director. Of course he has a great team (visual effects, production design,etc) working alongside him.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997296)
Posted by 15ngcs1 on December 6th, 2018 @ 4:07am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:That kinda confirms then what I heard elsewhere regarding Blitzwing, thanks deadput :) also unless they state in the film that bee is a young Cybertronian, the backstory is still a million year war. Now if this film is a success (and I hope it is, I need to wash the stain that was last knight away) then we'll see this as a proper reboot, if not, expect them to leverage this as a prequel to 07 and get ready for another film after they reboot gi Joe and the rest of the hasbro properties

can't wait to hear the reviews after the early screening on Dec 8!
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997330)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on December 6th, 2018 @ 9:56am CST
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997336)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 6th, 2018 @ 10:28am CST
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997341)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on December 6th, 2018 @ 11:09am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I like it, wasn't g1 Frank Welker with a voice effect? I think we should get used to new voices for these characters anyway... The G1 voice actors won't be around forever and some of them (like Welker have been around for decades already)

Actually, I'm already used to the new voice, so it doesn't bother me anymore. And you're right, it was Frank Welker who voiced Soundwave ;)^ , and I understand that they won't be around forever, so I should get used to new voice actors
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997355)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 6th, 2018 @ 2:07pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

I want to apologise as I read what I put back and I'm worried it seemed like i was having a go. That was not my intent :)
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997367)
Posted by Munkky on December 6th, 2018 @ 2:53pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

In regard to ZeroWolf's point, I'd be okay with the current Cyberverse voice actors taking over as the "go-to" voices for many of the Transformers, particularly Marc Swint as Soundwave. While I know it's one of the most iconic elements of not just Soundwave but Transformers as a whole, I've never been a fan of the vocoder effect on G1 Soundwave's voice, and I agree with Nathaniel that the voice in this teaser sounds weird.

As for everything else, I still can't decide whether or not to see Bumblebee when it's out. I am worried that I won't enjoy it, and that Cybertron flashback sequence just feels like it was written and animated by the Member Berries from South Park. That said I do like Hailee Steinfeld, so I may end up seeing the film just for her.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997368)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on December 6th, 2018 @ 3:00pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Don't worry about it, I fully understood what you meant the first time. And you don't have to apologize either ;) Besides, being forgiving is what makes me a Prime anyway :lol:
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997378)
Posted by Ratman_tf on December 6th, 2018 @ 3:49pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Does anyone else think Soundwave's voice is a little... weird :???: I mean, I'm OK with it but it just feels a little off, and maybe it would have been better if the G1 voice actor was used instead. Maybe that's just me. Other than that, he looks awesome, and I can't wait for the Bumblebee movie to come out(for those of you who already watched it, can you confirm if his voice is the same as the spot?)

Everyone's voice sounded a little weird. I wonder if it's because this is a foreign trailer. This may not be the voice Soundwave has in the US version.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997388)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 6th, 2018 @ 5:05pm CST
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997390)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 6th, 2018 @ 5:18pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I really like Blitzwing's face. Don't really know why, but I really like it. I'm still hoping for a Studio Series toy of him

I'd be surprised if we didn't get one down the line, probably in jet mode since it will be a nightmare on the studio series line to do a triple Changer.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997391)
Posted by notirishman on December 6th, 2018 @ 5:55pm CST
Deadput wrote:Well actually I do know what happens in the scene thanks to screening from today, I'll keep it short.

So Blitzwing attacks Bee, they fight and such, Blitz takes Bee up the cliff and does the questioning thing and then drops him off the cliff and afterwards he goes down to finish him off which leads to the end that we see in the spot where Bee lodges a missile into Blitzwing and blows him up therefore killing him, at some point during this fight Blitzwing rips out Bee's voice box, so yes they do show his moment of death in the trailer and the same goes for Dropkick his death via chain is how it goes down in the film.

So uh that statement in your article is not entirely accurate.

I've edited the article to not say anything if he dies or survives and what not. Thanks!
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997399)
Posted by 15ngcs1 on December 6th, 2018 @ 7:43pm CST
Munkky wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Go watch it! Travis Knight (Kubo and the Two Strings) is directing it. He has a background in animation and is the CEO of Laika. In this film, he has a great team (visual effects, production design,etc) working alongside him. And I like Hailee Steinfeld too! What a talented actor.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997527)
Posted by Deadput on December 7th, 2018 @ 5:22pm CST
notirishman wrote:

Ah now that I've gone back over to my post I realize I might have came across as too "corrective" and rude and I apologize for that.

Gonna edit out a part from that spoiler since I did add something that some might not have wanted to read about Dropkick
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997529)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 7th, 2018 @ 5:25pm CST
Deadput wrote:
notirishman wrote:

Urm don't you mean Blitzwing?, you never says anything about Dropkick
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997565)
Posted by Deadput on December 7th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
Urm don't you mean Blitzwing?, you never says anything about Dropkick

I originally said something about Dropkick and a certain part that the spots showed that I've since edited out of my original comment, it's on the same vein as Blitzwing though it was a very small part of my post and it was at the very end of the sentence so it's possible people could of skimmed over it, it was small enough for me not to realize until today.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997585)
Posted by Combat Zero on December 8th, 2018 @ 1:14am CST
I would’ve liked it better if he said “Ravage, eject.” as an homage to his G1 counterpart as a reflection of his new look, but oh well, I’ll take what I get. Oh, and I really hope Blitzwing doesn’t go out like a scrub judging from the trailer.
Re: Soundwave Speaks, more footage, China Release Date and Sponsor, and more! Bumblebee News Roundup (1997595)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 8th, 2018 @ 2:25am CST
Deadput wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Urm don't you mean Blitzwing?, you never says anything about Dropkick

Ah I see, my mistake then :)

@Combatzero

There's a reason that only Dropkick and Shatter been advertised as the primary antagonists.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC POTP Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal Bumblebee Bag MIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1 Step High Octane Bumblebee Age of Extinction AOE Rare New NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age of Extinction, Deluxe Dinobot Slash NISP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE One-Step - Bumblebee High Octane *MOSC*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  The Movie Iron Hide" on EBAY