Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight

Transformers News: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight

Friday, October 20th, 2017 12:49AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,186

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It turns out there are two different Crosshairs releases for the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline. One has an issue with a wheel popping off easily and his guns not being able to peg into his cape properly. You can go to the 5 minute mark of the review below to see an example of such issues. He was rereleased soon after with these issues fixed. The problem is that both are being put on shelves at the same time in the same markets but the good news is that they are each coded differently so that you know which one you are getting.

According to Yonoid from Cybertron.ca, the embossed number on the back of the box for the fixed version is 72011. The one with the issues has the number 72081 instead.

Credit(s): Yonoid
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917566)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 20th, 2017 @ 12:57am CDT
william-james88 wrote:According to Yonoid from Cybertron.ca, the embossed number on the back of the box for the fixed version is 72011. The one with the issues has the number 72081 instead.


Wait wait wait... the higher number has the problems? I thought the numbers are production run codes, which would mean the problems appeared later, not earlier. :-?
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917582)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2017 @ 5:10am CDT
Regardless, that Crosshair is WAY to bright green. Look cheap. not "premier".
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917610)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 20th, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
So I managed to get TLK Dragonstorm. He is alright, but I really want to love him more than I do. He is a bit too fiddly and he really needed to be different colors, more like his dragon heads than the rest of the body






Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917704)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2017 @ 9:10pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:So I managed to get TLK Dragonstorm. He is alright, but I really want to love him more than I do. He is a bit too fiddly and he really needed to be different colors, more like his dragon heads than the rest of the body
Let's hope Takara gives Leader Dragonstorm the Movie the Best treatment that other TLK figures have gotten.
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917788)
Posted by Rainmaker on October 21st, 2017 @ 10:27pm CDT
Picked up Scorn, he's pretty awesome except for the slight flaw in mine that makes it hard to move the peg in his tail arm. I'm very sad and confused that the wave 2 deluxes haven't even showed up here at all yet considering I've seen up to the wave 3 voyagers and legions.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917794)
Posted by EunuchRon on October 21st, 2017 @ 11:13pm CDT
Rainmaker wrote:Picked up Scorn, he's pretty awesome except for the slight flaw in mine that makes it hard to move the peg in his tail arm. I'm very sad and confused that the wave 2 deluxes haven't even showed up here at all yet considering I've seen up to the wave 3 voyagers and legions.

:MAXIMAL:


That peg is difficult period. Optibotimus had trouble with it in his review. I got mine to rotate all the way, but man, I never seen a toy that tried to break parts of ME like that this one. I'm glad I pounced on him and Nitro when one of the two local Wally Worlds got them in. I ain't seen them nowhere since. Yes, we got two Walmarts around here within two miles of each other... on the same friggin road. #-o

I'm gettin' kind of hosed about nobody even getting Wave 2 stuff in. I'm seein' all sorts of Titans Return stuff, but it's still the same Wave 1 shelfwarmers everywhere I go. Oh well, it's close to Christmas, maybe they'll finally change stock for that? I'd love to get Crosshairs but I'm mainly lookin' for Cogman and Draggie to complete my Knights collection. :RUBSIGN:
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917801)
Posted by Emerje on October 22nd, 2017 @ 1:00am CDT
Finally found something other than wave 1 deluxe for the first time at Walmart... wave 3. Argh! :-x Why do you keep skipping deluxe waves, Walmart!? First you skip TR Titan Masters wave 2, then TR Deluxe wave 4 and 5, and now TLK deluxe wave 2. All I want from this entire line is Sqweeks and Steelbane (I know he isn't good, I don't care) so of course that's the wave I miss out on, hopefully only temporarily.

Emerje
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917930)
Posted by optimusprimerotfroc on October 22nd, 2017 @ 9:22pm CDT
yeah hot rod is back in stock at walmart after i poached the last one in the previous shipment
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1917931)
Posted by optimusprimerotfroc on October 22nd, 2017 @ 9:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:And, it looks like, the same wheels. Are any other parts shared? I think that's everything.

I am pretty sure those grey pieces connecting their heads to their bodies are the same, along with other pieces of the skeleton for transformation but I dont have it in hand yet.



the feet lower legs knee pieces and chest to car roof pieces are the same
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918011)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 23rd, 2017 @ 10:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:So I managed to get TLK Dragonstorm. He is alright, but I really want to love him more than I do. He is a bit too fiddly and he really needed to be different colors, more like his dragon heads than the rest of the body
Let's hope Takara gives Leader Dragonstorm the Movie the Best treatment that other TLK figures have gotten.

I hope so too. Having played with him more, I really wish the main dragon mode was actually smokey gray or black like the dragon heads. They stand out so badly and the rest of the coloring is very unflattering. He is so close and I want to like him so much, but he's just a bit too fiddly and badly paletted.

Also stopped at several stores last week during some interviews, some different ones that I have never stopped at before, and they all have only wave 1 TLK stuff... I only need New Bee, Cogman, and the last 2 legions dangit!
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918042)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2017 @ 12:14pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:According to Yonoid from Cybertron.ca, the embossed number on the back of the box for the fixed version is 72011. The one with the issues has the number 72081 instead.


Wait wait wait... the higher number has the problems? I thought the numbers are production run codes, which would mean the problems appeared later, not earlier. :-?

Well look at it this way, my TRU just got a fresh shipment of wave 3. So that would assume its the latest, right?

And the number on the crosshairs from this fresh case is indeed 72011.
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918047)
Posted by skywarp-2 on October 23rd, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:TRU EXCLUSIVE TLK INFERNOCUS, SKULLITRON AND MEGATRON RELEASED IN THE UK!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/t ... k.1125689/



Thats cool, if ever you or your friends see it in a store please send us an image and we will put it on the front page :)


Did I mention how much I love the seibertron community? What a great place to be and with wonderful fellow fans. Just wanted to say that. This site is much appreciated and I love it here. You guys are the best!
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918110)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 23rd, 2017 @ 6:10pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:I dunno, it seems like toys were distributed fine, the problem was that the first wave was half redecos from AOE which most people recognized and didn't want.

This is untrue, the bee redeco sold very well compared to his wave mates.

Actually, you got me there. I never see Bee, just the others.
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918139)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2017 @ 10:25pm CDT
So I got these two guys and I am unimpressed



Bee has a very cool transformation that somehow remains fresh even though its another take on the same transformation we have had for a decade (arms and legs end up in the same place as always). Its basically another take on the MPM transformation at a smaller scale and thats pretty cool. But man does he feel flimsy ad cheap. Maybe its because most pieces are thinner than what we get in the generations line due to the robot parts not being integrated into the vehicle. And both end up feeling overstuffed in vehicle mode. It feels lke the vehicles are about to burst. And there is some clear plastic parts on Bee that require quite a bit of pressure applied. Kinda scary.

Crosshair's deco is really lackluster in robot mode. Its just green, green everywhere. But at least in car mode, its the complete opposite where there is paint all over the place. I think its fully painted. Plus nice to see the rims are wheel painted.

Ok toys but by no means mind blowing.
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918143)
Posted by Qwan on October 23rd, 2017 @ 10:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:So I got these two guys and I am unimpressed



Bee has a very cool transformation that somehow remains fresh even though its another take on the same transformation we have had for a decade (arms and legs end up in the same place as always). Its basically another take on the MPM transformation at a smaller scale and thats pretty cool. But man does he feel flimsy ad cheap. Maybe its because most pieces are thinner than what we get in the generations line due to the robot parts not being integrated into the vehicle. And both end up feeling overstuffed in vehicle mode. It feels lke the vehicles are about to burst. And there is some clear plastic parts on Bee that require quite a bit of pressure applied. Kinda scary.

Crosshair's deco is really lackluster in robot mode. Its just green, green everywhere. But at least in car mode, its the complete opposite where there is paint all over the place. I think its fully painted. Plus nice to see the rims are wheel painted.

Ok toys but by no means mind blowing.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm sure a lot of us are actually happy to hear a not-so-positive review of these later-wave guys - it really helps to dull that feeling of "I-need-it" that's so unhelpful when they aren't anywhere around.

(Which I'm just now seeing is almost exactly what you mentioned to me in another thread, not ten minutes ago. Funny how things work like that.)
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918160)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 24th, 2017 @ 4:39am CDT
That Crosshair could interest me. If only he didn't look like a damn marker.

Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918203)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 24th, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
Thanks for your thoughts Will, I still want that Bee though, considering I think he may be the best of the deluxe molds I would have, and I really like the chest on him better than any other

The Knights of Iacon (16 named characters in all, can you find and name them all?):



The Dragon knights:



And then this guy. I'm still torn over if he or Megatron will win TLK figure of the year (Nitro is figure of the year, so he doesn't count). He is really good, and he is a dead ringer for a Beast Wars Megatron with the legs mistransformed (last picture)



Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918210)
Posted by william-james88 on October 24th, 2017 @ 10:52am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Thanks for your thoughts Will, I still want that Bee though, considering I think he may be the best of the deluxe molds I would have, and I really like the chest on him better than any other

Do you mean he's a better deluxe movie bee than any other so far or the best deluxe from TLK?
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918216)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 24th, 2017 @ 11:36am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Thanks for your thoughts Will, I still want that Bee though, considering I think he may be the best of the deluxe molds I would have, and I really like the chest on him better than any other

Do you mean he's a better deluxe movie bee than any other so far or the best deluxe from TLK?

movie Bee. I have the deluxe from 2007 (which I still consider to be the best looking of his deluxe toys, especially since I got him twice with the legacy of Bumblebee set), the Nitro one from DotM, human alliance from RotF, and the 2 from AoE).
Re: Special Code to Identify the Fixed Version of Crosshairs from Transformers: The Last Knight (1918288)
Posted by william-james88 on October 24th, 2017 @ 9:49pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Thanks for your thoughts Will, I still want that Bee though, considering I think he may be the best of the deluxe molds I would have, and I really like the chest on him better than any other

Do you mean he's a better deluxe movie bee than any other so far or the best deluxe from TLK?

movie Bee. I have the deluxe from 2007 (which I still consider to be the best looking of his deluxe toys, especially since I got him twice with the legacy of Bumblebee set), the Nitro one from DotM, human alliance from RotF, and the 2 from AoE).

Well there are two deluxes that are probably the best out there which you dont have then: HFTD Battle Blade Bee and DOTM Bumblebee, this guy below:

https://static.seibertron.com/images/to ... ee-127.jpg

Thats the mold Takara deemed to be the best hence why they used that one for their MB line (its the same mold used for the lazerbeak pink redeco).

I dont know where this new Bee would fit in a top 5 (which I am working on). His QC issues of doors popping off, feet undoing constantly and super loose hips would probably disqualify him. We'll see. I know you dont like loose joints, so I dont know how you will feel about this new bee. But the chest is cool, sure.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age Of Extinction Smash And Change Optimus Prime Figure Toy NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Optimus Prime toy NIB Age of Extinction First Edition new in box - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 18 minutes
GRIMLOCK 2014 Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change -Sealed-LAST ONE ! - Time Remaining: 6 days 8 hours 21 minutes 11 seconds
VINTAGE G1 1985 SHOCKWAVE DECEPTICON MILITARY OPERATIONS COMMANDER TRANSFORMERS - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 21 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Primus Unleashed Megatron Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 23 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers : Swoop - Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 24 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers AOE Strafe Evolution 2 Pack Toys r Us Exclusive (NEW) TRU - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 25 minutes 19 seconds
RARE TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES TFCC EXCLUSIVE RAMJET FIGURE HASBRO COLLECTORS CLUB - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 26 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017