Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 1:01pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,814

We have great news for whoever likes a bargain and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store. The Walmart exclusive Netflix Transformers Ultra Magnus spoiler pack, which includes a magnus turning grey, a pink rung and some energon cubes in putty, is being sold for just $24.99 USD. What makes this extra fun is the typo in the printed flyer where the toy is called Ultra Mangus. The deal starts TOMORROW. This was sent to us by fellow Seibertronian AutobotDad and we thank him for the news.

Transformers News: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's

Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088572)
Posted by o.supreme on December 2nd, 2020 @ 1:07pm CST
william-james88 wrote:and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store.

All 2% of the fandom. The Toy market is a scalpers paradise, and yet nobody who has the ability to seems to care about changing that.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088579)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2020 @ 1:37pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:and is within driving distance to an Ollie's store.

The only way to stop the scalping is for fans to stop buying from scalpers. Anyone who buys from a scalper is complicit in their business model. They are the only ones who can change that.

Anyways, at least you and I can share in the same misery since Ollie's is nowhere near me either.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088580)
Posted by o.supreme on December 2nd, 2020 @ 1:49pm CST

Still... When Places like Ollies (not blaming them just making an example), sell something like TR Trypitcon for $40, scalpers can sell it for $80-$100, and to the untrained, that seems like a great deal because it normally retails for $160.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088581)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2020 @ 2:00pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I never have purchased from scalpers, and by all indications, many people here don't either, I guess it's part of my being out of touch with most of the community, since I prefer to communicate still on forums like this. I don't have any accounts on FB, Twitter etc... and it appears that is where many people are now, (and much of the toxicity). I know I cant force anything, but I don't know how to encourage fans NOT to buy from scalpers, other than telling them not to.

I still have Facebook and I went there right after reading your comment and no joke, this is what welcomed me when I logged in:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088585)
Posted by o.supreme on December 2nd, 2020 @ 2:26pm CST
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088615)
Posted by AutobotDad on December 2nd, 2020 @ 6:35pm CST
If you aren’t around an Ollie’s and are interested I’ll check my store and grab extras. Shoot me a message.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088617)
Posted by william-james88 on December 2nd, 2020 @ 6:55pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I know we don't always agree on things, but I do want to continue to express my appreciation to you, and all the staff here at Seibertron for all your hard work and keeping things civil. If I had to go to a major Social media outlet, I think I'd give up on the hobby altogether.

And I am happy to be here for you!
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2088631)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 2nd, 2020 @ 11:07pm CST
That typo takes me back to the '90s, when fans who just barely understood what anime was would sometimes call the corresponding comics "magna". Back then, I never could've imagined every Aldi's near me getting so many Arcee and Alicon toys that I'd already be bored with the prospect.

I'm lucky enough to live near two Ollie's, and a WalMart that accidentally clearanced them Spoiler-Ulti-Magnums to half off upon arrival last summer, so now all I have to do is scalp a few, and I'll be the biggest slag-hole in this thread! Of course, this comes too late to use that Ollie's coupon that expired Sunday, and I let it because I was saving up for that Shapeways sale that Paypal f@%#ed me out of for no reason...it's been an annoying post-Thanksgiving week for me, not that I can actually complain this year.

But hey, if any Seibertronian wants one, message me and I'll check 'em both this Saturday, in between my newest dumbass quest to see if any Dollar Tree will actually get Final Faction's Alpha Team figures.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089243)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2020 @ 12:53pm CST
Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure, but we have enough reports to warrant a heads up to anyone looking for a deal. Walmarts across Canada and the US are doing some massive liquidations on the 2020 Transformers toys.
In Canada, the deals many have found are the following:

Earthrise Deluxe: $9 ($7 USD)
Micromasters: $7
Battle Masters: $5

G1 Blaster reissue: $20.00 ($16 USD)

In the US we have seen reports for the following:

Earthrise AND Netflix Deluxe: $10
Earthrise Voyagers: $20
Earthrise Leaders: $35

We thank fellow Transformers fan John Carpenter for giving us these specifics.

Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089245)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 8th, 2020 @ 1:10pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure

Went to 3 Walmarts near me today, 0-3 on finding any wave 2 Netflix and 0-3 on seeing any clearance.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089258)
Posted by o.supreme on December 8th, 2020 @ 1:34pm CST

Also that pic has to be from Canada right? They don't sell Battlemasters at Walmarts in the US.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089261)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2020 @ 1:54pm CST
o.supreme wrote:There will be no clearance on these in my area because there are very little. What they NEED to clearance is Cyberverse, those are the ones cluttering up shelves not selling.

Yup, it's a pic I took yesterday. I posted it in the earthrise thread in response to he arcee discussion we were having.

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Your mileage will vary with this one, for sure

I went to three walmarts as well. Hoping to find an Allicon at these prices. I struck out as well. All that was left was Airwave and 1 of the three walmarts did not have discounts.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089313)
Posted by Emerje on December 8th, 2020 @ 7:39pm CST
Definitely didn't see anything clearanced at Walmart yesterday. Hardly anything to mark down to begin with. And the current peg layout is highly questionable, leaving only one peg for WFC in the top left camera (with the Rollback tag on it) and none for NetFlix. The rest of the pegs are all Studio Series (or MV6 as they're still calling it on some tags). They even made a point of spreading out the few SS figures they had in an attempt to fill the pegs. They even squeezed in a fifth Cyberverse one step peg at the bottom right among the 7 SS pegs for no good reason.

20201207_080255.jpg

20201207_080209.jpg

There's a displaced Cliffjumper sitting on the Voyagers there, I put him back where he belongs after the photo.

Emerje
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089321)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2020 @ 8:12pm CST
That's a nice looking walmart tf section.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089327)
Posted by Emerje on December 8th, 2020 @ 9:02pm CST
william-james88 wrote:That's a nice looking walmart tf section.

Only because they just restocked a bunch of the larger figures, there's hardly anything Deluxe class (aside from fresh stock of wave 4 Cyberverse). And then there's those Titan Guardians on the right, if they just cut those down to two pegs they could have two pegs free for Battle Masters and Micromasters. But no, gotta keep making space for the same figures they've been selling for seven years. Can't tell if it's the same, worse or better than when they stuck those eye sores in a shelf display and stopped selling all Leader class figures last year.

Emerje
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089331)
Posted by william-james88 on December 8th, 2020 @ 9:25pm CST
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:That's a nice looking walmart tf section.

Emerje

From my perspective you have the walmart G1 exusive readily available along with the walmart exclusive Netflix voyagers plus wave 4 of the cyberverse deluxes (which I don't have) so it's not half bad. Pretty sure many would be jealous if you posted this on a US facebook group.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089369)
Posted by william-james88 on December 9th, 2020 @ 10:34am CST
There's a nice deal on Amazon.com right now. Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe Fan-Vote Battle 3 Pack with Holo Mirage, Powerdasher Aragon, & Decepticon Impactor (IDW) is only $37.99 USD. That's 46% off from the original price. For those that don't have this set yet, it's a really good opportunity. Prime eligible.

You can get it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZY481L/re ... We-RFJeCa4

Description of the product below:

Voted on by fans: Fans chose their matchup and the winning pair was mirage vs. The Mercenary! The wreckers, LED by Impactor, are a highly skilled team of mercenaries who are at their best when the odds of survival are at their worst. They're exactly the kind of soldiers the Autobots need on their side. Can mirage Persuade them to join the Autobot cause?
Figure special edition Amazon exclusive pack: This 3 pack features 5.5 Inch scale holo mirage, cast in clear plastic, deception Impactor, and a weaponizer figure, powerdasher Aragon
Expandable and customizable weapons: Holo mirage and deception Impactor figures come with 2 3 weapon accessories; The weaponizer figure, powerdasher Aragon, comes with 2 weapon accessories and breaks into 6 weapon accessories to equip the other 2 figures
Inspired cybertronian Alt Mode: Figures feature classic conversions between robot and cybertronian Alt modes; Holo mirage, deception Impactor, and powerdasher Aragon convert in 19, 14, and 16 steps
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089371)
Posted by o.supreme on December 9th, 2020 @ 10:51am CST
Ahh...memories... I got that set last year around this time at that same price. I had seen it in the upper $40 range not too long ago, but what you reported- really is a great deal. Odd that this still exists, and the Autobot set from last year is still retail price, but the Skywarp set is long gone and goes for insane prices on the secondary market.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089372)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 9th, 2020 @ 11:00am CST
o.supreme wrote:Odd that this still exists, and the Autobot set from last year is still retail price, but the Skywarp set is long gone and goes for insane prices on the secondary market.

Skywarp was the biggest name out of the 3 sets (maybe Mirage too, but not Holo Mirage) and the only way he was available, so it isn't surprising that his set sold out that quickly and is getting scalped while the others lingered. What is surprising is that they are still lingering and that Amazon hasn't put them at a "make them go away" price yet.
Re: Spoiler Pack Ultra "Mangus" on Deep Discount at Ollie's (2089373)
Posted by o.supreme on December 9th, 2020 @ 11:10am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:What is surprising is that they are still lingering and that Amazon hasn't put them at a "make them go away" price yet.

I think $38 for 3 deluxes is pretty darn low ;) . I wanted it last year just for Aragon, and would have been willing to pay close to $30 for him alone, I'm glad I held out, I gave Mirage and Impactor to my son. My collection is quite specialized, but every once in a while its nice to have something different thrown in there.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Gnaw Sharkticon" on EBAY