Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour

Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour

Thursday, February 12th, 2009 3:42pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 14,711

Joana Lafuente (Spotlight Blurr, AHM Covers) has posted the final coloured version of the Spotlight: Drift cover on her DeviantArt Site.

With artwork by Guido Guidi, this cover is a little different to what we have previously seen from IDW Covers.

Spotlight Drift: Cover in colour

You can check out more of Joana's work on her DeviantArt site, by clicking here.

Credit(s): Joana Lafuente

Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883287)
Posted by Editor on February 12th, 2009 @ 3:53pm CST
Cross-logo.

I wonder if that means Drift is the double agent in AHM???

HUM... All white, japanese, possible enemy agent. He's not a weeaboo, He's Storm Shadow.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883293)
Posted by Technically weird on February 12th, 2009 @ 4:00pm CST
He is very gundam-ee
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883301)
Posted by astig on February 12th, 2009 @ 4:12pm CST
nice! reminds me of gundam :grin:
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883312)
Posted by Psychout on February 12th, 2009 @ 4:37pm CST
Issue 7 kinda rescued AHM for me, so why do they need to go ruin it by spotlighting this fanwank? If he's not the traitor then they had better do something pretty bloody spectacular to justify it.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883321)
Posted by ponycorn on February 12th, 2009 @ 4:53pm CST

As for him being the AHM Autobot Traitor? Spoilers Space

In AHM #7 Megs told that Autobot group in the canyon that one of those among them was the traitor, and Drift wasn't there IIRC.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883340)
Posted by Heavy B on February 12th, 2009 @ 5:56pm CST
I can't wait to get that, drift is the man.

he needs his own toy
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883354)
Posted by Absolute Zero on February 12th, 2009 @ 6:37pm CST
Drift reminds me very much of Tigatron.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883356)
Posted by Head Shot on February 12th, 2009 @ 6:47pm CST
ponycorn wrote: Maybe the cross logo is a hint as to Drift's character? A guy who walks a fine line between choice of factions, but ultimately chooses the Autobots.

Bingo. I'm quite sure it was mentioned at one point several months ago, when Drift was first mentioned (before the comic hit shelves), was going to be an Autobot, but with a dark side to him that sometimes pulls him closer to "evil" rather than "good"
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883377)
Posted by Oilspill on February 12th, 2009 @ 7:55pm CST
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883420)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 12th, 2009 @ 10:09pm CST
Just awesome. Can't waitski!
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883422)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on February 12th, 2009 @ 10:17pm CST
why isn't this guy getting a toy again?
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883424)
Posted by Oilspill on February 12th, 2009 @ 10:22pm CST
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:why isn't this guy getting a toy again?

That may have been incorrect info due to lack of communication between Hasbro and Hasbro Australia. The IDW guys are adamant that a Drift toy is in the works.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883455)
Posted by moonie on February 13th, 2009 @ 12:56am CST
nice gundam comic. looks a lot like transfor-- hey waitaminute.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (883458)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:07am CST
Oilspill wrote:Whether or not you like Drift or AHM, you gotta love Joana's work. Awesome! :APPLAUSE:

I have to agree, Joana is an astounding artist. I checked out her DeviantArt page and it is sooo cool to see a woman rise to the top of an otherwise normally male dominant field. My artistic talents run along a different line and have gained me some recognition in my prior profession (sometimes to my frustration) but I would absoulutely love to have even 1/4 of her drawing ability. All of IDW's artists have an awsome gift.
Re: Spotlight Drift: Cover in Colour (884341)
Posted by Serpent O - R on February 14th, 2009 @ 7:15pm CST
Joana-
I love 2d mechs, whether tf or not. This is a talent to watch... barring some contract issues, Joana has a solid future.

Drift-
Snake Eyes on the other hand... Oh, I'm sorry, I mean Drift. My bad.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but he hasn't done a damn thing other then behead an insecticon in one of the most actionless decapitations I have ever seen... And I have all 10 seasons of MST3K...

Hell, if it wasn't for these cover shots, you wouldn't even know what he fully looks like... Can't wait for him/her to talk, or transform for that matter. I can understand why he's so popular that he's getting the toy treatment... :roll:

If hasbro's desperate I have 12 bots on my HMW team that have just as much character and action as Drift. Although, my bots have quotes, so they speak. Also you can see my bots alt modes. I guess that's TOO much character.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY