Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview

Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 8:00pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Collectables
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 16,420

A one page preview for the upcoming IDW Publishing comic "Spotlight Grimlock" has been posted by Spotlight: Grimlock colourist Liam Shalloo on his Deviant Art page.

You can check out the image, drawn by Marcelo Matere and coloured by Liam Shalloo below, or by clicking here.

Spotlight Grimlock will be available in late March-early April 2008, and is penned by Simon Furman.

Credit(s): SharkySparky of TAAU, Liam Shalloo

Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646169)
Posted by OptitronPrime on March 2nd, 2008 @ 8:06pm CST
Looks interesting
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646187)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 2nd, 2008 @ 8:24pm CST
Nice artwork. I do like the Spotlight series, although I have only read the first TPB and it is difficult to see how these stories all connect.

Is it me, or should that building be taller than two stories to hold Grimlock?
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646192)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 2nd, 2008 @ 8:28pm CST
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Is it me, or should that building be taller than two stories to hold Grimlock?

It would have to be, but he's lunging forward. I'm pretty sure when he wakes up he'll smash through the roof or transform into a T-rex and burn that mother to the ground.

I was curious to see how they would start the Grimlock Spotlight, and it looks pretty much how I had pictured it in my head. Can't wait for it!
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646203)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on March 2nd, 2008 @ 8:40pm CST
This goes well with them finding ShockWaves hand at the end of his Spotlight.

Id like to read it, but the Comic shops near me seem to be shunning TFs.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646219)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on March 2nd, 2008 @ 9:00pm CST
I really prefer to get the trade paperback versions of these (and most comics). They are easier to store (and find on a shelf) and hold up better over time. The unfortunate part is having to wait a little longer for it to come out. Volume 2 should be here from Amazon next week.

I just got the Megatron Origin and TF/GI Joe hardcover omnibus. The art in Megatron is a little dark (colorwise) and some panels were hard to figure out what was going on, but I enjoyed the story. I noticed a few homages, including Kremzeek and Blaster's friend from the G1 comics (the one who dies in the smelting pool). The TF/Gi joe book is a beautiful hardcover edition. Worth the $30 for all four volumes of the Devils Due series!
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646319)
Posted by steve2275 on March 2nd, 2008 @ 11:11pm CST
mmmm marcelo
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646320)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on March 2nd, 2008 @ 11:13pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:

The structure could also have a floor below ground level, to accommodate larger objects within... Of course, there's also the issue of "how they got him in there," since there don't *seem* to be any doors large enough to fit a giant robot.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646334)
Posted by polystyleneman on March 2nd, 2008 @ 11:34pm CST
Grimlock: "Donde esta el baƱo??? Rapido!! Rapido!!!"
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646430)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on March 3rd, 2008 @ 5:57am CST
Man I can't wait for this spotlight, the only thing I really don't like is that Grimlock has teeth in robot mode.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646448)
Posted by grimlockprime108 on March 3rd, 2008 @ 7:00am CST
Autobot Jazz wrote:Man I can't wait for this mosaic, the only thing I really don't like is that Grimlock has teeth in robot mode.
this isn't a mosaic,this is from spotlight grimlock
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646534)
Posted by horus on March 3rd, 2008 @ 9:25am CST
?? grimlock with no visor? :shock: what tha hell... :shock:
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646541)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 3rd, 2008 @ 9:46am CST
horus wrote:?? grimlock with no visor? :shock: what tha hell... :shock:

They just miscolored it, if you have a look all other Grims have theath, but they are colored darker so you can't see them so well.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (646936)
Posted by Pyrostrata on March 3rd, 2008 @ 6:59pm CST
hmm....art looks great...

....but not great enough for me to forget how much I dislike the Dinobots. I think I might skip this one.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (647454)
Posted by ponycorn on March 4th, 2008 @ 12:34pm CST
I'm glad this spotlight will be a part of the main storyline.
Re: Spotlight Grimlock 1 Page Preview (648175)
Posted by Leonardo on March 5th, 2008 @ 7:16am CST
emeraldbeacon wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:

This is explained in another comic.

NOT VERY EXCITING SPOILER: In Devastation # 6, the roof opens and he is lowered in.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY