Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time

Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 11:25pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 17,586

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The folks at Popten.net have cooked up an interesting Top Ten list. They've cultivating all of the songs related to geekdom, aiming to name the number one geek anthem of all time. Two of them are related to our Transformers Universe, one of them being Weird Al's 'Dare To Be Stupid' from Transformers: The Movie. The other song is the theme of the movie and takes the top spot on the list - The Touch by Stan Bush. You can check out how the rest of the list unfolds at Popten here. And if you haven't heard 'The Touch' before, being highly unlikely, you can hear it on Youtube or embed below.



Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Popten.net


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043367)
Posted by JazZeke on February 2nd, 2010 @ 11:34pm CST
OH COME ON! Dare is better than Touch, so why does it always get shafted in favor of Touch?
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043372)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 2nd, 2010 @ 11:39pm CST
JazZeke wrote:OH COME ON! Dare is better than Touch, so why does it always get shafted in favor of Touch?

The Touch is better known, was better used, and is associated to a better character. :SMUG:
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043375)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on February 2nd, 2010 @ 11:44pm CST
Dare's good, but I still get chills every time I see Prime transform and the first notes of The Touch hit.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043378)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 2nd, 2010 @ 11:57pm CST
Wasn't there a new version of The Touch done a while back?
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043379)
Posted by JazZeke on February 2nd, 2010 @ 11:59pm CST
1337W422102 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:OH COME ON! Dare is better than Touch, so why does it always get shafted in favor of Touch?

The Touch is better known, was better used, and is associated to a better character. :SMUG:

Okay, good point.

However, it was also the music played for the rise of Rodimus Prime. So HA! :P
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043396)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 3rd, 2010 @ 1:17am CST
the touch is a great theme but the only thing i dont like about dare is that i cant use it in videos!

apparently its "owned" by sony entertainment music company

. . . hey thats what youtube says
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043417)
Posted by Rodimus_light on February 3rd, 2010 @ 3:05am CST
Hehehehe. This makes me happy in so many ways.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043443)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 3rd, 2010 @ 5:22am CST
Bah, "Dare" and "Instruments of Destruction" are better than Touch.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043536)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 3rd, 2010 @ 12:28pm CST
Loved the song when I was a kid. Hell, I still do love the song and so do my own kids now.(even my 13 year old) Dare was an awesome song as well, pretty much tying for top song with the Touch as far as best song in the movie.(Just my opinion, don't go freaking out about the comment, folks)

The one thing I have an issue with is the title of "Geek Anthem". That seems to me to be a rather narrow-minded labeling by yet another portion of our society that insists on clinging to it's comfortable little blanket of ignorance, derision and bull-headedness.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043539)
Posted by mechabooks on February 3rd, 2010 @ 12:40pm CST
I don't know if Dare should be #1 on the list but, it should at the very least BE ON the list of the top 10.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043568)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 3rd, 2010 @ 2:16pm CST
JazZeke wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:OH COME ON! Dare is better than Touch, so why does it always get shafted in favor of Touch?

The Touch is better known, was better used, and is associated to a better character. :SMUG:

Okay, good point.

However, it was also the music played for the rise of Rodimus Prime. So HA! :P

Nope! The music was playing because Optimus was talking! :mrgreen:

UltraPrimal wrote:Wasn't there a new version of The Touch done a while back?

No. No there wasn't.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043585)
Posted by kenadax on February 3rd, 2010 @ 3:22pm CST
This reply is for UltraPrimal:

God Of Transformers is obviously not the God of Music as yes, in fact, Stan Bush released a remade "The Touch-Sam's Theme" on 6-15-09.
Also, on the '07 Stan Bush release, "In This Life", he throws TF fans a track by the name of "Till All Are One".

Owning these songs are a given to any true TF music fan. And yes, Itunes has had them since they were released- go get them already! :D


KenadaX
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043599)
Posted by JazZeke on February 3rd, 2010 @ 4:19pm CST
kenadax wrote:This reply is for UltraPrimal:

God Of Transformers is obviously not the God of Music as yes, in fact, Stan Bush released a remade "The Touch-Sam's Theme" on 6-15-09.
Also, on the '07 Stan Bush release, "In This Life", he throws TF fans a track by the name of "Till All Are One".

Owning these songs are a given to any true TF music fan. And yes, Itunes has had them since they were released- go get them already! :D


KenadaX

Hi there noobie,

Couple things you ought to know to make your time here on Seibertron easier. No one here is named "God of Transformers." That's actually a poster rank for when you've made waaaaaaay too many posts on the message board. The person you're trying to be clever in referring too would be 1337W422102, which is l33t for "l33t warrior." It's an internet thing.

Also, he was being sarcastic. Of course he knew about Stan Bush's remake but he was trying to do UltraPrimal a favor because said remake sucked and we suspect the guitarist in the music video is a serial killer or a pedophile.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043602)
Posted by kenadax on February 3rd, 2010 @ 4:49pm CST
A rank, really!? That's not his member name!? I never knew, thank you so much!!!

wow.

Oh yes, by the way, anyone with a functional brain knows what his id is..... if he really wanted to be elite he would have written it in binary. That's elite.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043605)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 3rd, 2010 @ 5:06pm CST
That's great to see. Though I think there were better tracks on the 86 movie soundtrack, (the Theme, Dare, and Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way) The Touch is the most popular because it is associated with Optimus Prime's badass turn. Just as now someone in the TF fandom mentions the words "forest fight" we all immediately know what it refers to. That is, those of us who saw RoTF.
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043608)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 3rd, 2010 @ 5:24pm CST
JazZeke wrote:Hi there noobie,

Couple things you ought to know to make your time here on Seibertron easier. No one here is named "God of Transformers." That's actually a poster rank for when you've made waaaaaaay too many posts on the message board. The person you're trying to be clever in referring too would be 1337W422102, which is l33t for "l33t warrior." It's an internet thing.

Also, he was being sarcastic. Of course he knew about Stan Bush's remake but he was trying to do UltraPrimal a favor because said remake sucked and we suspect the guitarist in the music video is a serial killer or a pedophile.

Thanks, Zeke. You're right as usual.

kenadax wrote:Oh yes, by the way, anyone with a functional brain knows what his id is..... if he really wanted to be elite he would have written it in binary. That's elite.

I like the way you think, kid! :-B

Rodimus Prime wrote:That's great to see. Though I think there were better tracks on the 86 movie soundtrack, (the Theme, Dare, and Nothing's Gonna Stand in Our Way) The Touch is the most popular because it is associated with Optimus Prime's badass turn.

Damn straight! Taking out Thrust, transforming, slagging 'Cons while in the air, and then beating the oil out of Megatron? Straight-up respectable badass without being excessive "lolgivemeurfaec"-type crap. I found Prime's The Touch scene so intense that I made an Unreal Tournament-style spoof of it with the UT announcer a few years back. Too bad the video quality is so bad... #-o
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043622)
Posted by Bloodlust on February 3rd, 2010 @ 6:08pm CST
Bah, I think the Unicron theme was the best in the movie.

I think the Touch is great, but the underlying evil tones in the Unicron theme....that's awesome :P

i'm in the minority, so sue me
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043641)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 3rd, 2010 @ 7:04pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:Bah, "Dare" and "Instruments of Destruction" are better than Touch.



QFT.. IOD is one of my favorite songs..
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043642)
Posted by 1337W422102 on February 3rd, 2010 @ 7:04pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:Bah, "Dare" and "Instruments of Destruction" are better than Touch.



QFT.. IOD is one of my favorite songs..

I wish I had some Tools of Foul Play...
Re: Stan Bush's The Touch - #1 Geek Anthem of All Time (1043682)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 3rd, 2010 @ 8:58pm CST
Actually guys, the new version of The Touch I was referring to was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6p3xZSmMg
This one I don't actually mind as much as some people do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_EXxwDpq0
This one is kind of meh for me though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV9khwxen14

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "HERO MASHERS TRANSFORMERS - AUTO BOT RODIMUS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Steeljaw Age of Extinction Robots in Disguise One-Step; AOE, 1-Step" on EBAY
Buy "Fireburst Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon Complete DOTM Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dinobot Slug Super Hero Mashers Mashems Action Figure Dinosaur" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Slog Voyager Class Age of Extinction Hasbro NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME T-Rex BROKEN dinobot TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots 4.5-in RESCAN Roar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Scorn" on EBAY