Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour

Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour

Thursday, May 28th, 2009 11:29am CDT

Categories: People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 8,403

Seibertron member KillerMel reports that Stan Bush's "The Touch" (2007 version) is available to download on Microsoft Live with the price tag of 160 MS Points (apparently only to US XBox accounts). For every other platform and country, it is free! Check it out for Guitar Hero: World Tour!

Have fun and rock out!

Credit(s): KillerMel

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 28th, 2009 2:33pm CDT

Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927890)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 28th, 2009 @ 11:45am CDT
Is is available for Nintendo, too? And is this the REAL The Touch or that recent farce of a remake?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927897)
Posted by JEDI ALCHEMIST on May 28th, 2009 @ 12:02pm CDT
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927901)
Posted by mdverde on May 28th, 2009 @ 12:07pm CDT
I just downloaded it for the Wii FOR FREE!!! and it's the 2007 version of the original one! It's awesome!
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927904)
Posted by 1337W422102 on May 28th, 2009 @ 12:14pm CDT
JEDI ALCHEMIST wrote:1337W422102, yes it is available on the wii and it's the 2007 version. PS3, no news yet so it's a downer for me as I do not own the X-box 360, this is the only reason why I'm getting world tour.

Thanks for the help, mate.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927934)
Posted by starfish on May 28th, 2009 @ 1:34pm CDT

Yay! For once, UK Transformers fans get a better deal than their US counterparts!
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927941)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 28th, 2009 @ 1:52pm CDT
Its free for every one on every console
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927959)
Posted by Mr. Autoboto on May 28th, 2009 @ 2:45pm CDT
starfish wrote:It's free to download for xbox 360 in the UK. Guess you only have to pay if you have a US account.

Actually, I live in the US and got it for free, so sorry man, we actually got the same deal!

I think that dude must have forgotten what country he was in... :wink:
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (927999)
Posted by starfish on May 28th, 2009 @ 4:16pm CDT

At one point I was 1st on the Expert Bass rankings, 17th on Expert Guitar... but I seem to have been overtaken somewhat.

Anyway, Rock Band 2 is way better than Guitar Hero WT.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (928002)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 28th, 2009 @ 4:23pm CDT
Is it close to the original, or is it lame?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (928005)
Posted by Mkall on May 28th, 2009 @ 4:27pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:Is it close to the original, or is it lame?

It's the 2007 version of the original, so it's like the original with updated guitar riffs
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (928011)
Posted by starfish on May 28th, 2009 @ 4:55pm CDT
The major difference to my ears is in the keyboards.

Which is odd, because you think they'd be able to match something like that pretty accurately, given modern-day synthesizer technology.

Either way, the original sounds a lot 'fuller', a tad more 'wall-of-sound-y' than the later version.

Although he's still a legend to Transformers fans, Stan's not really a hot seller these days. So maybe he just couldn't afford a decent producer.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (928062)
Posted by Big Grim on May 28th, 2009 @ 6:22pm CDT

Yup. I just downloaded it and I must confess, that was a bit of old school fun!

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Its free for every one on every console

Sorry that I'm off topic but Eddie Vs the Xenomorph? Where in Gods name did you find that??!?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (928072)
Posted by Canned Pasta on May 28th, 2009 @ 7:04pm CDT
starfish wrote:Okay, am I missing something here? The news story says that it costs 160 MS points, yet everyone seems to be getting it for free.

Anyway, Rock Band 2 is way better than Guitar Hero WT.

The track was mistakenly priced at 160 MS points when it was first available, they later updated it to the correct price: Free.

I had a HUGE hassle with this today and it drove me freakin' crazy!

Here is the blog post I wrote on it... lol

Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" Available now on Guitar Hero: World Tour (929274)
Posted by Ventura on May 30th, 2009 @ 10:17pm CDT
I would have preferred the original, for sure, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Other than the fact that it came out in Guitar Hero and not Rock Band, of course.

Now if we could just get Dare and a few others... :D

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY