Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac

Transformers News: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 2:11AM CST

Categories: Event News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 57,314

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Resort World at Sentosa has posted the image of the Transformers The Ride Evac statue at its Facebook page.

Evac is a newly created Autobot character specially for the Transformers The Ride.
The Ride is set to open this coming Saturday, 3rd December 2011 at Universal Studios Singapore at Sentosa .


Image

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Resort World at Sentosa
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317693)
Posted by alldarker on November 29th, 2011 @ 3:33am CST
I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317719)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 29th, 2011 @ 7:49am CST
alldarker wrote:I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?
I doubt it, since this guy is a "new recruit" and all. ;)
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317728)
Posted by RhA on November 29th, 2011 @ 8:25am CST
Cool statue. Nice to see it's not BBB or Prime.
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317732)
Posted by ubertenorman on November 29th, 2011 @ 8:34am CST
That's actually pretty darn cool. Hopefully if they open the ride stateside they'll make another statue 8)
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317739)
Posted by LadyBug on November 29th, 2011 @ 8:49am CST
If you guys learned anything from the Ride, Evac has been around in the Transformers universe for a while. He was just never used before in anything major.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Cybertron)
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317743)
Posted by alldarker on November 29th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST
LadyBug wrote:If you guys learned anything from the Ride, Evac has been around in the Transformers universe for a while. He was just never used before in anything major.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Cybertron)

We all know who the CURRENT character Evac is, Captain Obvious... read my question again:
alldarker wrote:I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?

BTW: your non-working link should actually be: Evac (disambiguation)?
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317750)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on November 29th, 2011 @ 9:16am CST
Evac from TF Cybertron, and a couple of redeco toys from the Movie lines aren't enough of a reason not to use the name. It is a name they have the license for, they might as well use it. It doesn't need to be a helicopter.
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317770)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 29th, 2011 @ 10:21am CST
alldarker wrote:
LadyBug wrote:If you guys learned anything from the Ride, Evac has been around in the Transformers universe for a while. He was just never used before in anything major.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Cybertron)

We all know who the CURRENT character Evac is, Captain Obvious... read my question again:
alldarker wrote:I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?

BTW: your non-working link should actually be: Evac (disambiguation)?


Or you both could've done it like this. The link can say anything you want. Pull up a quote on this post to see how.

I just wish this ride was coming to the States. I'm not a fan of roller coasters but I'd have to ride this one on principal. But if they do a figure of it, does that make it Swerves partner? Cuz that's what I will be using it as.
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317773)
Posted by LadyBug on November 29th, 2011 @ 10:26am CST
zodconvoy wrote:
I just wish this ride was coming to the States. I'm not a fan of roller coasters but I'd have to ride this one on principal. But if they do a figure of it, does that make it Swerves partner? Cuz that's what I will be using it as.


This ride isn't a roller coaster... why does everyone think it is?
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317785)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on November 29th, 2011 @ 10:52am CST
I do wish he was given a dif. name than the heli we already got but i won't mind since i can always just rename him myself.

that ride will be AWESOME!
it isn't comin state side?!
NNNOOOO!!
well lucky u all who can ride it can then!
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317801)
Posted by IAmThePeej on November 29th, 2011 @ 11:18am CST
starwarrior1227 wrote:I do wish he was given a dif. name than the heli we already got but i won't mind since i can always just rename him myself.

that ride will be AWESOME!
it isn't comin state side?!
NNNOOOO!!
well lucky u all who can ride it can then!


The Ride is coming to the US. Its opening in Singapore first, then in 2012, its opening at Universal Studios Hollywood, then, probably 2 years after that, in Universal Studios Florida. My 2 year projection for FL is based on a few rides coming from California to here, which averaged to about 2 years.

LadyBug wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:
I just wish this ride was coming to the States. I'm not a fan of roller coasters but I'd have to ride this one on principal. But if they do a figure of it, does that make it Swerves partner? Cuz that's what I will be using it as.


This ride isn't a roller coaster... why does everyone think it is?


Its not a roller coaster, its a 3D simulator ride. Think, as I've said before, along the lines of the Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure. Yes, it moves and isn't stationary, but it is NOT, I repeat NOT a roller coaster.

zodconvoy wrote:
alldarker wrote:
LadyBug wrote:If you guys learned anything from the Ride, Evac has been around in the Transformers universe for a while. He was just never used before in anything major.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Cybertron)

We all know who the CURRENT character Evac is, Captain Obvious... read my question again:
alldarker wrote:I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?

BTW: your non-working link should actually be: Evac (disambiguation)?


Or you both could've done it like this. The link can say anything you want. Pull up a quote on this post to see how.

I just wish this ride was coming to the States. I'm not a fan of roller coasters but I'd have to ride this one on principal. But if they do a figure of it, does that make it Swerves partner? Cuz that's what I will be using it as.


Does it really matter that the character's name is Evac? Its just a name that Hasbro has, it doesn't matter if we got a toy with that name in 2008, or 1988, its just a name to give a toy. Hell, are you the same ones complaining that there was a PCC team named Destrons? Its a different character than what there has been. That's all that matters.
Also, it has already been mentioned that this Evac has NOTHING in common with any other characters with that name, since this is a new member of NEST who hasn't really seen battle yet, much like how the riders are new recruits as well. Helicopter Evac has seen battle, and is used to it, hence being used for search and rescue missions, this Evac is basically being used for escort missions.
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317816)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 29th, 2011 @ 11:54am CST
Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! It probably doesn't move, but it looks pretty awesome.
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317820)
Posted by triKlops on November 29th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CST
statue looks damn cool
cant wait to see the toys
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317828)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 29th, 2011 @ 12:21pm CST
Hasbro always finds away to make you buy their toys >_<
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1317895)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on November 29th, 2011 @ 4:44pm CST
That's an AMAZING statue! I concur with whoever hopes they make one for the states' ride as well! Would love to look at that thing up close! :D
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1318033)
Posted by alldarker on November 30th, 2011 @ 6:07am CST
zodconvoy wrote:
alldarker wrote:
LadyBug wrote:If you guys learned anything from the Ride, Evac has been around in the Transformers universe for a while. He was just never used before in anything major.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Cybertron)

We all know who the CURRENT character Evac is, Captain Obvious... read my question again:
alldarker wrote:I still don't understand why they are using a pretty recent character name that's already sort of established within the Transformers franchise, for this 'new character' in the TF ride. Or will this character actually be the same as 'helicopter' Evac?

BTW: your non-working link should actually be: Evac (disambiguation)?


Or you both could've done it like this. The link can say anything you want. Pull up a quote on this post to see how.

:-B
Doohhh, another Captain Obvious... What did I do to deserve this?
If you took the time to actually check the link he provided, you'll see that it was a faulty, dead link, which is the mistake I was ACTUALLY pointing out and correcting (and also linking to the general 'Evac' page and not just the more specific 'Evac_(Cybertron)' link). And hey, look, I got the links right!
Just being equally 'helpful' and patronizing back at you, zod...
Re: Statue of Transformers The Ride Evac (1318362)
Posted by RhA on December 1st, 2011 @ 3:49am CST
Great way to derail a thread, BTW.

On topic, though.

Seeing the details of the ride, Evac is a good choice for a main character. They could have easily opted for BBB, you know? Guess what that giftshop is stockpiled with?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
Twincast / Podcast #232:
"NYCC 2019"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "The Reign of Starscream (Transformers Movie Sequel), Mowry, Chris, Ryall, Chris," on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Missile Blackarachnia Megatron Scorponok Primal LOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Mixmaster Constructicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Dropkick Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Autobot Jazz Fall of Cybertron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers D-01 Henkei Megatron MIB TAKARA Classics Generations Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Returns - Gnaw MOC" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC TRANSFORMERS GI JOE EXCLUSIVE JETFIRE SNAKE EYES BOX SET MISB!" on EBAY