Transformers News: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan

Tuesday, March 5th, 2019 1:00AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 18,578

Sometimes patients is rewarded. Buying new figures straight from Japan can be expensive, especially when $100+ is becoming more and more the norm. But if you wait long enough the deals begin to surface in places that may not be part of your normal online toy hunt. Just like with any other Amazon in any other countries Amazon Japan has some periodically great deals including some Takara Tomy exclusive Transformers for as much as 62% off! And what's really helpful is that the site has an English language option. And their international shipping is usually super cheap and surprisingly fast, typically averaging around $11 per item (to the US) and less than a week! Below you'll find a few of the best deals running right now, but keep in mind the prices fluctuate often. Also keep in mind that the price you see includes an 8% sales tax that is removed at checkout.

Encore Micron Unicron 8,001 JPY ($71.49 USD) 60% off

Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime 4,427 JPY ($39.56 USD) 45% off

Masterpiece Movie MPM-7 Bumblebee 6,288 JPY ($56.18 USD) 37% off

Encore Big Convoy 5,256 JPY ($46.96 USD) 34% off

Encore Beast Wars Returns Convoy 7,600 JPY ($67.91 USD) 62% off

Unite Warriors UW04 Devastator 16,241 JPY ($145.11 USD) 35% off

Unite Warriors UW01 Aerialbots 9,961 JPY ($89.00 USD) 34% off

Beast Wars Masterpiece MP-34 Cheetor 5,299 JPY ($47.35) 24% off (pre-order)

Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime 3.0 33,471 JPY ($299.06 USD) 32% off (pre-order)

There's a lot of similar deals found throughout the store so if you're looking for a good deal or are willing to wait for a good price drop consider using Amazon Japan as an option.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013450)
Posted by AlphaBass on March 5th, 2019 @ 6:40am CST
Those prices are great, especially for UW Devy and Superion.

Between this and the Siege line, my wallet's gonna need therapy.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013457)
Posted by carytheone on March 5th, 2019 @ 7:55am CST
I spotted these at 5 Below last Friday, they rang up for $4 instead of the marked $5.

I was only interested in one of them and he was pretty easy to find.

The box was so light I thought it was empty.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013459)
Posted by Octobotimus on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:18am CST
The links don't take you to the figures btw. May want to fix that...
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013462)
Posted by figureguy on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:25am CST
This is amazing as I never thought about ordering from Amazon Japan. I have always pre-ordered from online shops here in the USA.

I just picked up MP-44 for $310 shipped, about $150 less than if I bought it domestically and MP-45 for $94 shipped versus $130. Once I changed the UI to English and created a new account it was very easy.

I was on the fence for MP-44 primarily based on the price but at $310 that's enough of a deal to justify the purchase.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013463)
Posted by nycPrime on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:30am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013466)
Posted by william-james88 on March 5th, 2019 @ 9:38am CST
nycPrime wrote:Amazon JP is great. Their prices are as low as the other Japanese stores, but the 1200 yen shipping is unbeatable. I've bought a few SOC and MP figures through them, and have had OP on PO for a while. Really hoping they get SOC Voltron too!

Oh man, I am hoping for SOC Megazord. its apparently getting a reissue this year.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013473)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 5th, 2019 @ 10:07am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013475)
Posted by xMXUx on March 5th, 2019 @ 10:14am CST
Those are really great deals, just a shame that Amazon JP (or US for that matter) don't ship to Switzerland :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013476)
Posted by william-james88 on March 5th, 2019 @ 10:16am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So, if you already have regular Amazon and a Prime membership, do you have to register separately for Amazon Japan?

Yes, they are independent.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013492)
Posted by hausjam on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:14am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013493)
Posted by william-james88 on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:20am CST
hausjam wrote:Ok, so how am I supposed to order from Amazon Japan? I created an account so I can order MP-44. But it states "This seller for the item you selected does not deliver to your selected location.". I tried to check out anyway, and it won't ship to my location (Illinois).

Thats because if you check you'll see its no longer being sold by Amazon Japan but by a 3rd party seller. All preorders from Amazon japan are now sold out.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013494)
Posted by nycPrime on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:20am CST

The seller has to be Amazon. I just checked and it's not available. I've noticed it has gone in and out of stock for direct Amazon sales for the last few months. I would just check back often.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013497)
Posted by Beachjezus on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:46am CST
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013499)
Posted by william-james88 on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:49am CST
Beachjezus wrote:Hey guys quick question as I’ve never ordered from Amazon Japan before. Do the prices fluctuate that quickly? I went to get the devastator and it’s like 2000 yen more than the news article states.

Yes and no. what I mean is that the price you see includes taxes while the one in the article does not. it still fluctuated (especially after people reading the article) but not by 2000 yen. Instead it only fluctuated by 1000 yen which you would see if you added it to your cart.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013500)
Posted by carytheone on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:50am CST
Yes, sometimes hourly or quicker. Depends on current seller price.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013501)
Posted by carytheone on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:51am CST
carytheone wrote:
Yes, sometimes hourly or quicker. Depends on current seller price.
EDIT: also expect around and 8% drop in your cart as Amazon.jp removes the local tax that is calculated into the listed price.

EDIT EDIT: did not mean to quote myself :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013504)
Posted by Beachjezus on March 5th, 2019 @ 11:55am CST
Okay thanks for helping a newb.

To recap then:

1.The item will be 8% cheaper than the list price?

2. How much are they going to charge me for shipping , import fees, etc?

Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013508)
Posted by carytheone on March 5th, 2019 @ 12:03pm CST
Beachjezus wrote:Okay thanks for helping a newb.

To recap then:

1.The item will be 8% cheaper than the list price?

2. How much are they going to charge me for shipping , import fees, etc?

I think the sales tax is 8%, but you will see a small drop in your cart. Everything I've shipped so far has been around $12 in shipping, but it could go up for heavier things. If you dig around you can find the international shipping rates.

Import fees are county dependent; if you're in the states, you should be free and clear - no promises.

Also a really good tip for noob amazon.jp users, you can change your default language from your account settings. You'll just have to poke around a bit. Also Chrome is pretty good at translating pages as well.

Good luck, have fun and be careful as amazon.jp is a dangerous rabbit hole.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013509)
Posted by Beachjezus on March 5th, 2019 @ 12:08pm CST

I think I’m done with hobby link japan and switching to amazon japan

This just made my day - and it’s my birthday today so it’s really awesome!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Encore Micron Unicron for $71, PotP Nemesis Prime for $40 and more on Amazon Japan (2013510)
Posted by carytheone on March 5th, 2019 @ 12:10pm CST
Beachjezus wrote:Thanks for your help and thanks to the gentleman who posted the article. I just got this Takara devastator for $169 total after shipping - INSANE!

I think I’m done with hobby link japan and switching to amazon japan

This just made my day - and it’s my birthday today so it’s really awesome!
NP, if you ever need help spending your money, Seibertronians are always happy to help ;) :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G2 Megatron Green Tank" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Thundercracker & Crankcase Lot Of 2 Loose Complete EM2157" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Leader Class Megatron Dark Energon Action Figure EM0560" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BARRICADE Movie ALLSPARK TECH Decepticon Police Cruiser Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Megatron Mechtech" on EBAY
Buy "transformers universe skyfall generation 2 skyjack" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Custom Kreon Series1 DECEPTICON MEGATRON/STARSCREAM/SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o transformers 31145 Mirage brand new" on EBAY