Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS

Transformers News: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS

Wednesday, July 24th, 2019 5:54PM CDT

Category: Sponsor News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 12,215

For just one day only (and the day is almost over so you'll want to act fast!) you can go over to Big Bad Toy Store and score a Transformers Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for the low, low price of $169.99! This is an unusually low price for the Takara Tomy Mall exclusive, bringing it to just a little over the standard US retail price for Titans. Big thanks to o.supreme on the forums for pointing this out.

The limited time sale is part of BBTS's month long 20th anniversary celebration which occasionally includes some good Transformers deals. They're currently also featuring Power of the Primes Leader Class Rodimus Unicronus for $37.99, Siege Deluxe wave 1 for $49.99, and MP-29 Shockwave for $94.99.
Credit(s): o.supreme on Seibertron.com
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031401)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:10pm CDT
Ordered! Huge thanks to o.supreme and the news crew, this one would've totally missed me.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031402)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:20pm CDT
Sunova.....

Dangit, why is this deal happening when I am trying to afford Unicron?!?!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031405)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:24pm CDT
If I wasn't saving money for Piranacon I would.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031432)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:02pm CDT
I just couldn't justify it at the $209 sale price it had been sitting at for a while on BBTS. It is my lease favorite titan mold, but I do have designs on a combined titan and TR leader super city, so at $169...

Yep, ordered.

Now to explain it to the wife...

I'll think of something.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031433)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:10pm CDT
Just ordered MP Shockwave. Way too good of a price to pass up.

Now I have Soul Of Chogokin Gypsy Danger and MP Shockwave on order. I've never ordered from BBTS before, so would the delivery be pretty quick? I live in Florida btw.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031441)
Posted by carytheone on July 24th, 2019 @ 8:53pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Just ordered MP Shockwave. Way too good of a price to pass up.

if you used the flat rate the shipping speeds are reasonable. They tend to take their sweet time getting it out the door though, but once it does it's pretty quick.

From what I've heard paying for faster shipping tends to get things packed and shipped quicker.

I'd say 7-10 business days once you click ship for their flat rate shipping.

I have a continuous PoL with them and I'm never in a hurry. They normally force me to ship at least one thing, so I just ship it all.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031444)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:15pm CDT
Thanks for the info! Hopefully my first purchase will be a great one!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031445)
Posted by carytheone on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:22pm CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Thanks for the info! Hopefully my first purchase will be a great one!
NP and good luck. They're my go to online retailer of this sort. That $4 shipping and PoL is hard to beat.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031450)
Posted by o.supreme on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:11pm CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031451)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 24th, 2019 @ 10:15pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Well I just checked, and it seems Grand Max is sold out. Glad I did not hesitate. Now, previously I've seen Greatshot at 10% off, but I'm hoping that sometime in the next month, they'll do perhaps a bigger sale, so I can knock that one off the bucket list as well.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031457)
Posted by o.supreme on July 24th, 2019 @ 11:23pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote: Out of curiosity are you double dipping on Soundwave (TR regular and Target Bumblebee movie exclusive) for your mega-city?

THAT is an excellent question....and the answer is NO. I fully admit my logic is somewhat flawed, but it makes sense in my head, as to what I believe is an *individual character*, although it does lead me down the path of getting more than the same deco on occasion.

It seems I've been talking about this concept, and making a video for 2+ years, but if I can get Greatshot and Big Powered before December, I'll probably do an initial version then, and a final version in early 2020 when I *hopefully* get Omega Supreme & Astrotrain.

Currently my Cybertron City is:

Fortress Maximus
Trypticon
Grand Maximus
(on the way)

These 3 Titans will form a triangular formation, and all the *Leaders* will fill in the spaces in-between. Omega Supreme's eventual addition will make this more rectangular.

T30 Metroplex will be at the center of it all. Though he has no official connectivity, I couldn't leave him out.

Leader's
Soundwave (I cannot justify getting the BB re-release, as its *basically the same*)
Blaster
Sixshot
Quickswitch
Black Shadow
Overlord
PM Optimus Prime
Magnus Prime (I could not justify getting LG35 Super Ginrai or LG-EX God Ginrai, as it's *basically the same)
LG 42 God Bomber (see above why no LG-EX)
Primitive Optimus Prime (Yeah this one may seem inconsistent, but I felt it was different enough to warrant purchasing)
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031465)
Posted by Deadput on July 25th, 2019 @ 1:15am CDT
As a Canadian it hurts my wallet but I snagged Grand Maximus and Not-SG Rodimus.

Don't know when I'd ever see them again for that price.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031481)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 25th, 2019 @ 6:42am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Currently my Cybertron City is:

Fortress Maximus
Trypticon
Grand Maximus
(on the way)

Leader's
Blaster
Sixshot
Quickswitch
Black Shadow
Overlord
PM Optimus Prime
LG 42 God Bomber (see above why no LG-EX)

Mine will end up using all the same parts, plus the extra Bumblebee Soundwave, but I got lucky and found him on clearance for $13, so couldn't pass that up. I'll be going for a more asymetric design as it will have to fit on a pool table.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031503)
Posted by o.supreme on July 25th, 2019 @ 9:27am CDT
^Nice I look forward to seeing it. Most of the leaders are displayed in Robot Mode on a shelf in my sons room, and Titans in a hall closet display. But when I get this together, it will probably take up a good portion of our living room floor. It will probably only be assembled for a couple of hours to shoot the video, then back to bot mode for display.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... heme=17151

Not as earth shattering as yesterdays deal, but the previously mentioned PotP Rodimus Unicronus, and MP Shockwave are still present, also now are Siege Deluxe Wave 1 for $50, a pretty good deal if anyone has been holding off on getting these. Now may be the time.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031527)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 25th, 2019 @ 2:16pm CDT
That Siege Wave 1 deal is making me :BANG_HEAD:

Paid full price for a wave 3 hound since I couldn't wait on my Ironfist custom. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031545)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 25th, 2019 @ 3:45pm CDT
I'm glad some people got a deal on this guy. He looks great. Hoping and praying for an eventual Metrotitan, too.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031547)
Posted by o.supreme on July 25th, 2019 @ 3:50pm CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031552)
Posted by Latebrus-K on July 25th, 2019 @ 4:10pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Metrotitan would be awesome. Since I was able to get an original T30 Metroplex, I'm not sure what the Quality of the TT Legends EX rerelase from a couple years ago is. If there was a lot of degradation, or if it would be viable to re-release it again, with Metrotitan colors.

Having recently handled my T30 Metroplex, even the original's joints have a hard time holding him up. Metrotitan might warrant need re-tooling there anyway to be an up-to-snuff Titan Class figure, with everything the design team has learned since 2013
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031572)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 25th, 2019 @ 4:50pm CDT
I'm guessing due to the small quantities they'd make... that he'd have to be as-is, no retooling. Still, guessing with the small quantities of runs — and the fact that there have been no repaints — that the mold would stand up fine.

Think about the seeker mold back in the day. They did like 13 or more recolors. Surely they could crank out a few more of this guy before the mold falls apart.

That aside, it seems like they have been making the molds to release his team and partners (micromasters and parts-forming guys). (ie. they're available) I could see them using that as incentive to 'grease the wheels' for collectors... knowing they would get matching team members in the box. Crossing my fingers.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Legends LG-EX Grand Maximus for $169.99 on BBTS (2031575)
Posted by o.supreme on July 25th, 2019 @ 4:59pm CDT
Yeah my only concern is, as of late, the Selects line that have been re releases of recently used molds have mostly been floppy messes. It's amazing to think an original Transformer can be remade after 30+ years, but one from a year ago has difficulties....just one reason why I'd be concerned, but thrilled if they could pull it off.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "DEFENSOR UW-03 TRANSFORMERS UNITE WARRIORS COMBINER WARS OPENED/COMP US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hunt for the Decepticons HFTD RTS Voyager Class SEA SPRAY Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2015 Combiner Wars Protectobots DEFENSOR Complete w/ Legends Groove" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Combiner Wars Defensor Protectobot HOT SPOT Sealed NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hunt for the Decepticons HFTD DOTM Legends Class TRACKER HOUND New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DEVASTATOR CONSTRUCTICONS SET HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons RAMPAGE Complete Hftd Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons HFTD Leader Class Optimus Prime" on EBAY