Transformers News: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17

Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 5:26PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 11,438

Thanks to a heads up from new user EmoTim and long time member Itscramtastic, we have news that Ollies, source of many insane Transformers deals over the past month or so, has advertised that starting tomorrow, the stores will be carrying Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99!

Now this price may not surprise many people, seeing as how we have had sightings of Trypticon at Ollies for as low as $12 in the past month or 2, but this is the first time it is being advertised, and it must be a big deal if it made Ollies catalog. The original price for this figure was $149.99 (instead of the advertised $139.99, which was a price found on later, price lowered units), so this is a $100 savings if you can find the figure! The sale is listed as officially starting tomorrow.

Ready to hunt down the giant Decepticon kaiju? Good luck hunting, and let us know if you find 1 or many more in the comments section below as well as in our Toy Haul Thread!

Credit(s): Ollies
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959888)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 16th, 2018 @ 6:11pm CDT
I have heard of people finding the wave that had Misfire and Twintwist at Ollies recently as well. If anyone finds these, please put them up on ebay for a reasonable price.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959907)
Posted by JChewning on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:20pm CDT
Yes they have had multiple different figures, including Misfire and Twin Twist (although they ran out really fast!) and just got a $49.99 Trypticon today!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959921)
Posted by Emerje on May 17th, 2018 @ 12:38am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Lucky Logician wrote:I didn't realize this hadn't already been posted. I saw Krok and Quake at a couple Ross stores in Panama City and Pensacola last week.

Yeah, I don't have a Ross in the state, but I've seen a few people post about this in the forums. I guess I just assumed they'd already been in the news.

Don't bother checking TJMaxx, they're full priced there.

Emerje

I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think I've ever seen "full priced" Transformers at Marshall's or TJ Maxx before.

They botched the original price, saying it was $20-something so they only marked it down to $16.99 or so. I had posted a photo of the price tag, but can't find it, it's on the forum somewhere. Others have found the same thing so it's a chain-wide issue.

Emerje

Went back Wednesday to get another shot of the price tag on Triggerhappy showing $16.99 based on an original $22! Still a dollar cheaper than Walgreens...

<!-- ia1 -->20180516_193217.jpg<!-- ia1 -->

They also had a random Voyager Optimus Prime in a mangled box for an excellent $12.99. Sure, that makes sense. Passed since I already have two.

<!-- ia0 -->20180516_193111.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Emerje
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959925)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 17th, 2018 @ 1:26am CDT
Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959965)
Posted by o.supreme on May 17th, 2018 @ 9:19am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Is this the fixed hips version? :???:

the $ 49.99 Trypticon that is.

That just occurred to me last night. Perhaps the reason why these have sold so inexpensively is that these are the initial "bad batch" (Hip spring too big, warped green plastic door etc...), has anyone opened and played with any of these (even the previous $20 ones), to confirm? For what its worth, My Trypticon was purchased at a local TRU back in September (never saw it on the shelf, just happened to look behind the customer service desk and had to swindle it from the clerk), and it has no problems. So I don't think any of us knows the timeframe of when the fix exactly occurred, or how many defective ones were manufactured.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1959985)
Posted by itscramtastic on May 17th, 2018 @ 10:19am CDT
Posted by Maz over at TFW2005
Maz wrote:Here are my collected findings for which batches of Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon toys have exhibited issues (tail, hips etc). Please note that some batches appear both in the good and issues list, meaning there is no convenient solution. These are marked with an asterisk. There's more grey than black/white here, unfortunately. Please note, this list is not exhaustive, only what I have been able to compile from the contributed batch numbers.

Good Trypticons

71561* (tail)
71801* (tail)
71851* (tail)
72021
72022 (tail)
72421 (some with issues)

Further contributions are most welcome!

All the best
Maz
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960019)
Posted by AlphaBass on May 17th, 2018 @ 12:56pm CDT
If you're in the Fredericksburg, VA area, they have about 30. Looking at them now.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960024)
Posted by Marcdachamp on May 17th, 2018 @ 1:20pm CDT
Can also confirm that the Cheektowaga, NY store (near Buffalo) had at least 30 or so out, pretty much right when you walk into the store. Scooped one up right away!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960084)
Posted by Mountainman5909 on May 17th, 2018 @ 7:18pm CDT
Only 8 in Hickory, NC, well 7 now. Havent checked if its a fixed one or not. Didnt care, finally have one I've been wanting since I was 7.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960112)
Posted by Z3ROhour on May 18th, 2018 @ 12:53am CDT
Yay!
for some...

Poop 4 me.

:-(
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960185)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on May 18th, 2018 @ 11:10am CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960284)
Posted by itscramtastic on May 18th, 2018 @ 6:39pm CDT
What's Crackin'? wrote:My brother REALLY wanted this guy, so maybe I'll get it for him for his birthday. Is it a good figure though?
So far? Yes he is. I’m still kicking around getting the Toyhax Reprolabels set for him, which is currently 40% off. I don’t think the included labels do enough!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960290)
Posted by Qwan on May 18th, 2018 @ 7:34pm CDT

Yeah, he's pretty good! It's possible he'll have some problems with the hips - earlier production runs needed slight modification or they'd literally tear themselves apart - but if you think that slight disassembly and squeezing of springs (to weaken them a bit) is doable, he's absolutely worth this price.

If you do go for it, check around! We have a couple articles on this very site that run through various methods of preemptively fixing the toy's problems. (The very first guide was actually mine, but it involved actually cutting things up, which didn't end up being necessary in the end :oops: )
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960481)
Posted by FURY413 on May 20th, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT
Ollie's in Carmel, Indiana has deluxe figures only. Triggerhappy, Twinferno, Crock, and Quake.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960848)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 21st, 2018 @ 9:37pm CDT

Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960851)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 21st, 2018 @ 9:45pm CDT
Thanks to our very own FURY413 we are now aware that Ollie's in Carmel, Indiana has Titans Return Deluxe Class figures on sale. From the pic below you will notice they are selling them for the reduced price of 7.99 each. Triggerhappy, Twinferno, Krok, and Quake were spotted so it looks like a mix of waves 3 and 4 are winding up at discount stores. It was not too long ago that Titans Return figures from those same waves were also showing up at Ross stores. If you are looking to complete your collection of Titans Return it is a good idea to check your local discount shops to see what has turned up lately.

Keep your optics open and let us know if you find any good deals!

Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960855)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2018 @ 10:17pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Was killing time at Ross and I found this. Not that anyone buys these anyways :-P
I do! That's the show-accurate version of Chief Burns (with the building and Mini-Con included as bonuses :-P ) that I missed out on.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1960871)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 22nd, 2018 @ 2:48am CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Ollies Advertising Titans Return Trypticon for $49.99 Starting May 17 (1961747)
Posted by Z3ROhour on May 27th, 2018 @ 12:09am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:Yeah, I found these little Titan Returns figures named Windblade, Twin Twist, and Misfire at Ollie's a few days back. I don't think anyone wants those, though, do they? :-D

:BOOM:
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018