Transformers News: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer

Monday, April 15th, 2019 7:39PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 24,209

Thanks to a barrage of notifications from Seibertron members, we have word that Target is offering a ton of potential discounts on Transformers figures this week!

The most accessible sale this week is the offer of $10 off an order of $50 or more, and $25 off an order of $100 or more, meaning you can save 20-25% off your Transformers order this week. Friend of the site DecepticonFinishline has also let us know that this offer is available for some pre-orders, which include the Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime, Thundercracker, Springer, and the Studio Series KSI Boss.

We also have word that, on top of these offers, there is a 25% off coupon through the Target Cartwheel app on all Transformers this week. And there is also your Target RedCard, which you have to apply for since it's a credit card, that offers an additional 5% off. If you have all 3, or even just one of these options available, take advantage of it and go get yourself some really nicely priced figures!

Also of note, thanks to Seibertronian xRotorstormx, we have news that Meijer is currently running a Buy one Get one 50% off on Transformers right now, so if you have one in your area, go out and check out the potential BOGO's!

Let us know what you end up purchasing and what kind of deals you end up getting below!

Credit(s): Target, Meijer
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019042)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 15th, 2019 @ 7:42pm CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019043)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 15th, 2019 @ 7:46pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I downloaded the Target Cartwheel app and signed up, but I can't find the 25% of Transformers coupon anywhere in the app. I'm a total Cartwheel noob, so any help is much appreciated!

There should be a banner on the front page that says cartwheel offers, go thru that and go to the toys section icon, go thru that, select the tf coupon. Then along the bottom, go to the wallet area and it should have a barcode that your coupon is tied to
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019044)
Posted by Beachjezus on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:05pm CDT
Just a heads up that cartwheel only works on purchases you buy in store or for target.com orders available for store pickup. So for example, the siege preorders will not work with the 25% off since they are shipping only.

However, the save $10 or save $25 will work fine for the preorders.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019045)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:07pm CDT
Just to do some math for peoplle if you buy one leader class figure at $50 and use the $10 off coupon AND then the cartwheel you'll be paying $30 for a leader which is literally 40% off
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019046)
Posted by Beachjezus on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:10pm CDT
It has to be $50 - so 1 leader would not qualify since its $49.99.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019047)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:14pm CDT
Beachjezus wrote:It has to be $50 - so 1 leader would not qualify since its $49.99.

Sounds like a perfectly good excuse to get a battlemaster for the battle effects ;)
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019048)
Posted by carytheone on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:15pm CDT
In my experiences with cart wheel, you have to scan the item then add that promo to your account. Then make sure at check out they scan your cart wheel.

Edit: just searched the app and found this

Screenshot_20190415-201617.png

Pretty good deal if they stack
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019049)
Posted by Beachjezus on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:18pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Great minds think alike sir!!!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019050)
Posted by Beachjezus on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:23pm CDT
carytheone wrote:

Edit: just searched the app and found this

Screenshot_20190415-201617.png

Pretty good deal if they stack

Yes they stack. But only for items in store or available for store pickup.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019053)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on April 15th, 2019 @ 8:30pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

lol thats actually what I did... must have been why my math was wrong
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019064)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 15th, 2019 @ 10:23pm CDT
Additional oddity to note: The date for Thundercracker and Springer are different. I'm sure that will, ultimately, not be the case.

Dates.png
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019072)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 15th, 2019 @ 11:59pm CDT
I checked out four different Targets tonight to try out these amazing deals. I didn't find everything I was looking for, but I found a good chuck of it. My first purchase was for Studio Series Cogman, Shatter, Scrapmetal, and Jetfire. The regular total, including tax, would have been $118.07. With the $25 off a $100 purchase plus the 25% Transformers figures, I paid only $68.43, saving myself $49.64, or 42% off in total! That's pretty incredible! I almost got Jetfire for free, basically.

My second score was another Siege Prowl and five Battle Masters for more weapon effects parts and customization fodder. This time, I could only use the $10 off a $50 purchase coupon but still could stack that with the 25% off Transformers one. This reduced the total from $53.87 to $34.89, saving me another $18.98, or 35% off altogether. That's pretty close to the price of one Siege Deluxe Class figure. This also proves, btw, that the threshold for a $50 or $100 purchase INCLUDES the sale tax, so if you buy a $49.99 Leader Class figure, you can still get the $10 off, because the tax will automatically be added when you ring up the item at the register. If you live somehwere without sales tax on toys, then I guess you would have to buy a little something extra.

I'm hoping that I can find Studio Series Rampage and Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime before the sale ends. Those were the only figures I couldn't find in the four stores I tried tonight.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019115)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 16th, 2019 @ 12:13pm CDT
Man, what a deal at Target. I had already found and bought Siege Sixgun, SS Scrapmetal and SS Cogman at full retail within the last month, but I kept my receipts. So today, I got Siege Sixgun, SS Scrapmetal and 2 SS Cogmen, along with a couple LOL toys for my youngest to get me up over $100. With teh 25% cartwheel on TF's and the $25 off $100 toy purchase, my total came to $67 and some change with tax included. I'll be returning Siege Sixgun, SS Scrapmetal and one of the SS Cogmen with my original receipts, which will be about $65 in returns after tax.

So I basically ended up with 2 LOL toys for my youngest and an extra SS Cogman for about $2-$3. Sweet. This brings me up to 3 Cogmen now (1 TLK and 2SS), which means Lione, Shuffler and Ramhorn all get bodies now!!!

Unfortunately I found my Wave 1 Siege leaders about 2 weeks too early. I'm just past 90 days from purchasing them at Target, so I can't do the return game for those, which would have been sweet.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019116)
Posted by o.supreme on April 16th, 2019 @ 12:28pm CDT

Unfortunately I feel that Hasbro will see this as a reason to keep pumping out popular characters like Bumblebee & Optimus. We as fans say we want more variety, but unfortunately the reality of the situation says otherwise.

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

I hope that deal lasts long enough that I can take advantage of it, would need a few more weeks to save up.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019118)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 16th, 2019 @ 12:51pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but some of my local Walmarts are trying to get rid of their overstock of SS 38 Rampage, because of course, all the BB Prime's got purchased right away. At least 2 of my local stores are selling them on clearance for $17...but others are not. (Several stores near me have 8-10 Rampages, something I have not seen in a long, long time)

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

DuDE! What?! I need to go to Wal Mart. I want to get a second full Devastator for work.

Anyways.

I think that the SS-38 Prime is a special circumstance because it's simply a GREAT toy. Same with the Siege one. A blessing and a curse. I mean, yes, children that would otherwise not buy a Transformer toy are still going to buy Primes and Bees, but quality of the toy is playing a role here. Afterall, there are still several Cyberverse Primes sitting on the shelves.
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019121)
Posted by Emerje on April 16th, 2019 @ 3:19pm CDT

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

I had the same experience with Voyagers at Walmart, though my Bee Movie Optimus was $21.

And Grand Max has been on sale at that price for a few months now. I'm thinking about picking one up at the end of the month.

Emerje
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019223)
Posted by triKlops on April 17th, 2019 @ 11:08am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Additionally, I mentioned this in the Legends thread, but TFSource currently has Legends Grand Maximus for $210

https://tfsource.com/legends-series/lg- ... d-maximus/

I got mine last week with some funds from my refund check for this price. Still have to crack him open; he's in cue behind MP BW Megs and Big Powered.

I would recommend, based on your statement of saving up for it, to apply for and use Paypal Credit if you already have a PayPal account set up. 6 months , no interest, if paid in full at the end of or before the 6 month deadline. It usually is an option when using PayPal at most retailers. You can use the saved money you Already have to pay off a chunk once the charge appears then meet or exceed the minimum payments to pay him off well before the due date.

No harm, foul or interest on your part if done correctly. This will let you secure your fig at a sale price without delaying the purchase until stock quantities dwindled and the pressure is on.

Hope that helps and good luck! ;)^ ;)^ ;)^
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019266)
Posted by Ravage2031 on April 17th, 2019 @ 7:42pm CDT
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019267)
Posted by william-james88 on April 17th, 2019 @ 7:55pm CDT
Ravage2031 wrote:Got leader Studio Series Megatron and Jetfire and Scrapmetal for only $75. Good deal!!!

Thats a phenominal deal, congrats all!!!!!!!!!
Re: Steal of a Deal: Target Offering Numerous Ways to Save on Transformers, Buy One Get One at Meijer (2019317)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on April 18th, 2019 @ 11:09am CDT
Just searched every Target and Walmart I can, and there is no more sign of Siege Voyager Prime or SS38. Dang, right when I was going to get one. Welp, guess that means I won't be able to take advantage of that sale :oops:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Swoop Vintage Hasbro 1985 G1 Transformers Action Figure NO BEAK & ARM" on EBAY
Buy "iGear Mini Warrior - MW-01 - Spray G1 colors looks like Transformers Seaspray" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2018 Throne Optimal Optimus Prime Power of The Primes Transformers Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators - Honda 2000 Windcharger Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Evolution MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie RIPT Poster Print Crossing The Quintessa Grimlock Napoleon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power of the Primes Liege Maximo, NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Platinum Edition Hot Rod Wreck Gar Planet of Junk (NEW)" on EBAY