Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week?

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week?

Monday, July 30th, 2007 4:09pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 26,389

We've been reporting on the status of the release of Steve Jablonsky's musical score for the Transformers Movie for some time now. Over the weekend it was reported that plans for the release of the musical score were in the works. It appears that it will be coming out sooner than any of us thought, as this week's Diamond Comics shipping lists mention a "TRANSFORMERS OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK CD" as among the products being released this week. This could simply be a rerelease of the Animated Movie score or the earlier live action CD Soundtrack release, but it could be confirmation of the planned release of the musical score. We're not sure, but be sure to keep your eyes open when passing by your local music store.

Credit(s): Diamond Comics

Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253528)
Posted by Versa on July 30th, 2007 @ 4:34pm CDT

psst... we're releasing thousands of CDs of this soundtrack tomorrow.... BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE! I dunno if this is the score or not. I dunno why they'd be so dumb not to announce it. I guess I'll believe it when I see it. I hope that I'm wrong and that I walk out the store with a copy in hand, but I'm thinking this isn't the score just yet.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253574)
Posted by Rocky87 on July 30th, 2007 @ 4:56pm CDT
*crosses fingers*'

Here's hopin'.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253581)
Posted by Hotrod on July 30th, 2007 @ 4:59pm CDT
Versa wrote:Doesn't make sense. First the CD company said there was no immediate plans to release this, now all of the sudden word is that it might be coming out this week. Why not announce it to anyone if the whole idea behind a product is to sell it?!

Well I believe sources this weekend said it was actually coming soon. I know Bay wanted it released.

Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253590)
Posted by SnipeShade on July 30th, 2007 @ 5:03pm CDT

I agree with ya. Whats with the whole go around if they were planning to release it by next week. : ( If its true. They're stupid for doing that. But nonetheless, I hope I'll see it that soon and cross my fingers.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253642)
Posted by Hotrod on July 30th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
SnipeShade wrote:

Let's be completely honest, what percentage of the buying public pays attention to movie soundtracks for the most part, inparticular movie scores? This may not be it, but when it is released do not expect a huge announcement outside the TF sites.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253662)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 30th, 2007 @ 5:30pm CDT
See Bitching can change the world, I'm getting a flat screen this weekend, so I'll look into this when I pick it up.

TV TF Marathon at Evilmus' this weekend, BYOB!

Also, that was real fast for a greenlight release of someting that wasn't going to happen. It makes me wonder if all this was a ploy to generate sales?
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253667)
Posted by ErrantTransformation on July 30th, 2007 @ 5:32pm CDT
All these twists and turns are starting to make no sense. Though I hope that they do indeed release the soundtrack as soon as possible, it seems odd that they haven't released any official info.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253759)
Posted by D-340 on July 30th, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
:PRAY: Let's hope that this is the Score to the movie. I want it sooooo bad.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253774)
Posted by dabattousai on July 30th, 2007 @ 6:26pm CDT
I hope it is, I want that Church Music song played during the arrival of the other Autobots :D
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253803)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 30th, 2007 @ 6:37pm CDT
I would be very very surprised if it was the score soundtrack.
Since the movie is still doing well in the cinemas, Sony would certainly give it some kind of press release.

More than likely it is the normal SOundtrack, or even the re-released OST from the animated movie.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (253900)
Posted by bossmonkey74 on July 30th, 2007 @ 7:24pm CDT
Ok I did some looking aroung on the big WIDE WEB that is the soundtrack not the score if it was the score everyone would be carrying it at least the big guns like Virgin or Best Buy plus it would have been listed as the score sorry guys wish it was But Im pretty sure it isnt.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254033)
Posted by Cliff Jumper on July 30th, 2007 @ 8:24pm CDT
I reallyh ope this is true. I loved the score in the movie. :PRAY: :PRAY:
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254073)
Posted by Raymond T. on July 30th, 2007 @ 8:38pm CDT
I Think it's just the soundtrack.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254269)
Posted by Delta Sept on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:58pm CDT
I want '07 soundtraaaaaack. @@
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254428)
Posted by TheKnightShift on July 30th, 2007 @ 11:23pm CDT
Hey hey, this is Chris Knight aka the guy who started the online petition to show support for an album of Jablonsky's Transformers score. So far there hasn't been any word about a release at all that's crossed the desk here: just conflicting reports that "it's in the works"/"it's not planned at this time". Considering that the more positive word has come from those who have worked directly on the score, I'm inclined to believe that it will be released in the near future. But an album featuring a score as beautiful as Steve Jablonsky's is ... just can't get released fast enough!!!

(Now if the score *is* released this week, then I will gladly be making two purchases at the local gadget retailer: the 300 DVD and the Transformers score. Which my lovely spousal overunit will probably think is too much tangible electronics entertainment for one week, but she knows more than anyone how badly I want this score to come out, having seen Transformers 4 times now :-)

Thanks to everyone who's signed the petition. And if you haven't signed it already or you know folks who want this CD, even if they don't know that they want it yet, and haven't signed it then here ya go with the URL!

"Transform and roll out ... them CDs!" :-)

Will report anything that I hear on this end. 'Til then, take care and God bless,
Chris Knight
theknightshift.blogspot.com
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254566)
Posted by Sagitta on July 31st, 2007 @ 12:34am CDT
Erm...anyone check any of the online stores to see if there's even a pre-order listing?

The only thing I could find that was coming up was the "Transformers Compilation Song Box - Import CD" from Japan. Runs around $90 from CDuniverse:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 5143&BAB=D

To be released Aug. 6th.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (254572)
Posted by Sagitta on July 31st, 2007 @ 12:37am CDT
For those wondering the Contemplation release is the OSTs from the Japanese Transformers G1 series which would include from Masterforce onward I believe.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (256621)
Posted by jdeats76 on July 31st, 2007 @ 10:21pm CDT
guys... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sony Music has any right to this soundtrack. Sony Music has the right to the 1986 animated movie soundtrack and can remaster it as many times as they like, but I don't understand what connection they would have to the 2007 live action film score/soundtrack.

The soundtrack to the live-action Transformers movie in stores now (music inspired by the movie) with the Linkin Park, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.. was released under Warner Bros records.

I imagine Warner Bros records is the company to contact about the score release date.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (256851)
Posted by Versa on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:25am CDT
Well today came and went. Bought a blu-ray 300 today and no TF Score, so I guess it ain't happenin' afterall... for a while....
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers Movie Score To Be Released This Week? (258761)
Posted by Sagitta on August 2nd, 2007 @ 12:46am CDT
If it means anything I got an email from Warner Bros (the same who did the Audio Soundtrack of the movie) who chose to release their orchestrated film score for "300". Now, recall that "300" is being released shortly if it hasn't been already.

It could very well be the background orchestrated music from the TF movie will be released within the same manner.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY