Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime

Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime

Saturday, September 4th, 2010 10:10pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 39,380

Steven Blum, famous for his roles in GI Joe Resolute and as Spike Spiegel from the anime TV series Cowboy Bebop has been announced as the voice of Starscream in Transformers Prime at SacAnime. Steven Blum's last roles in a Transformers series date back to Robots in Disguise, where he voiced Dark Scream, W.A.R.S. and Fortress Maximus.

To view the source of the report please click here.

Credit(s): TFW2005

Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121521)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 4th, 2010 @ 10:35pm CDT
Sounds like a good casting to me. I'm a fan of his voice over work in general, but thought he was also great in War for Cybertron. Hopefully Prime shapes up to be the next great series.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121526)
Posted by NassaDane on September 4th, 2010 @ 10:43pm CDT
He use to have one of the best voices in voice acting but i'm pretty sick of his voice now, he is waay over played.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121534)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2010 @ 11:29pm CDT
Oh, slag YES! He's got one of the those voices that could make a dictionary or even a phone book being read by him sound cool. 8)
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121535)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 4th, 2010 @ 11:44pm CDT
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121544)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2010 @ 12:09am CDT
How I wish I could be in that postion, as I can't get enough of his voice and I barely find him in whatever I watch nowadays.

Megatron Wolf wrote:And its rare if he only voices one character. Take some time off dude please. Im still waiting for him to voice every character in something, You know its going to happen.
I'd love to see Frank Welker do that.

Megatron Wolf wrote:With that aside im not sure if hes a good choice for Starscream. When i hear him i dont think "hey he should do starscream". Why didnt they just keep the guy thats been voicing Starscream? he was doing a great job.
His RiD Dark Scream voice was VERY Starscream-like. If he does that voice, it'll do just fine.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121547)
Posted by Snuggl3fluff on September 5th, 2010 @ 12:37am CDT
I love his voice and everything, But it really doesnt seem all that "Starscreamy" to me. But it may just be me though.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121552)
Posted by Artakha Prime on September 5th, 2010 @ 1:07am CDT
...and exactly when will we get to SEE Starscream?
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121553)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2010 @ 1:07am CDT
Listen to Dark Scream's voice in this clip. That's Steve Blum doing his voice.

Sounds Starscreamy enough to me.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121563)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 5th, 2010 @ 2:38am CDT
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121599)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2010 @ 7:01am CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:if this guy could do schockwave AND the narrator from war for cybertron i think he can do starscream aswell :D
He also voiced Barricade in WFC.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121606)
Posted by Nico on September 5th, 2010 @ 7:48am CDT
Well, he does a good Leeron. Its not THAT far from Starcream on the manlyness-o-meter, at least in term of voice. :lol:
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121642)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on September 5th, 2010 @ 9:53am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Great voice actor but im getting sick of him. I play a game theres his voice, i watch a cartoon theres his voice, i watch an anime theres his voice, watch some kind of cgi movie theres his voice, If theres some kind of voice acting in what ever it is im looking at theres his voice. And its rare if he only voices one character. Take some time off dude please. Im still waiting for him to voice every character in something, You know its going to happen. With that aside im not sure if hes a good choice for Starscream. When i hear him i dont think "hey he should do starscream". Why didnt they just keep the guy thats been voicing Starscream? he was doing a great job.

Show a little respect. He's an excellent voice actor and he's doing what anyone in the industry would do; land a role. Personally, I think it's great to hear him in Transformers. He was great as Barricade in WFC, so it'd be interesting to hear how he will sound as Starscream. I would love to hear him do an Oslaught though, but I doubt he'll be in Transformers Prime. ;)
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121672)
Posted by Predaprince on September 5th, 2010 @ 11:42am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Listen to Dark Scream's voice in this clip. That's Steve Blum doing his voice.

Sounds Starscreamy enough to me.

I agree with you.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121691)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 5th, 2010 @ 12:09pm CDT
He voiced Dark Scream? I never knew that. He'll probably voice Starscream in a similar fashion then. :lol: Can't wait to see what Starscream looks like! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121745)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on September 5th, 2010 @ 5:04pm CDT
I'll have to see Ol' Screamer first before I make my judgment on how I feel about this. I will say that I have enjoyed Steven's voice acting roles over the years. Guess we will have to wait an see.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1121969)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on September 6th, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
Predaprince wrote:

Sounds Starscreamy enough to me.

I agree with you.

Ditto, I though he was just going to do his usual gravelly voice, but this sounds more spot on. However, I do think Animated Starscream had the best voice since Chris Latta.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1122112)
Posted by joesaysso on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:
Predaprince wrote:

Sounds Starscreamy enough to me.

I agree with you.

I agree that Animated Starscream's voice was the best since Latta's G1. I hope an effort was made to get that guy because if not, the makers of Prime have already screwed up. They got Cullen and Welker and for that, they deserve my attention. I disagree that the Dark Scream voice in the clip is a good Starscream voice.

In all honesty, hearing Cullen voicing Prime and Welker voicing Megatron will probably be all I need to enjoy this cartoon. I,like most, hated the Animated art style when images first started coming out. But I got hooked on it fast. I'm luke warm at the perceived "movie style" that Prime looks like it will have. However, if it has Cullen and Welker, and a movie style with G1 hommages (G1 decos), and good continuity like Animated had then I will surely be hooked again.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1122786)
Posted by Skullgrin140 on September 8th, 2010 @ 6:27pm CDT
Steve J Blum as Starscream is something I think I will grow on me as time goes on, Great to see him return to Transformers once again :D
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1122830)
Posted by MYoung23 on September 8th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT

Hasbro Studios has finally revealed the voice actors and characters for Transformers: Prime, along with information for the show.

The show will be adding some decent star power with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson joining the cast as the voice of Autobot Cliffjumper.
Re: Steven Blum to Voice Starscream in Transformers Prime (1123834)
Posted by JetOptimus23 on September 11th, 2010 @ 7:12pm CDT
He also voices Wolverine a lot. I can't wait to see what he'll do for Starscream!

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege BRUNT War For Cybertron Deluxe Class AUTHENTIC HASBRO 2018" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer SKY-BYTE Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 141 MARVEL COMICS October 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY