Transformers News: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer

Monday, December 4th, 2017 11:30PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,014

Walmart.com has posted a some new stock images for deluxe Moonracer from Transformers Power of the Primes which show us our first real look at the finished product. These are images of the actual toy rather than art or a gray prototype or 3D renders and we see Moonracer in her box, as well as her outside the box in vehicle mode and in robot mode wearing her power armour. As with all deluxes in this line, she can become either an arm or a leg and does not have a designated combiner she belongs to so far.
These images give us our best idea of her transformation which seems to not be too complicated, as is the case with most of these toys which must accomplish many modes. However, the product description, found below, gives her 14 steps, which is more than seem necessary to convert from car to robot. You will let us know what your take on all this is in the discussion.

Moonracer will be found on shelves at the end of first quarter 2018 with her fellow wavemates Blackwing, Dinobot Sludge, Dinobot Snarl, and Terrorcon Rippersnapper. You an read about everything we know so far in the Transformers Power of the Primes line right here.

Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer
Converts from robot mode to sports car mode in 14 steps
Comes with a Prime Armor accessory and a collector card
Works with Prime Master figures (not included)
Wield the Power of the Primes with the joyful Autobot sharpshooter
Ages 8 and up
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

Credit(s): walmart.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925101)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:31pm CST
Calling Novastar as her retool ;)

I see they took some cues from Generations Arcee when it came to placing kibble.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925102)
Posted by Skritz on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:32pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Calling Novastar as her retool ;)

F*beep*ing ninjas, man! :-x

No but seriously good call. I'm hoping she's a bit more of a reshell, especially when it come to her vehicle. If only to make the two more apart beyond just a head and color swap.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925103)
Posted by Burn on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:36pm CST
I look at that alt mode and for some stupid reason the first thing that pops into my head is "Cybertron Clocker"
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925105)
Posted by william-james88 on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CST
Skritz wrote:She's got a serious case of backpack (obviously to put less mass in her limbs to give her a sleeker, more feminine shape) but I do love her cutesy pastel coloring and that nice, funky retro-futuristic limousine. It's not for everyone, sure but I dig it. It will still be a massive wasted opportunity if she's not joined by her fellow teammates beside [strike]Fire[/strike] Novastar.

She will be joining Chromia who has already been waiting a very long time for her friends.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925106)
Posted by bodrock on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:38pm CST
bacem wrote:Found additional image of moonracer on tformers, i like what i see so far.

[attachment=0]Power of The Primes Moonracer High Res Stock Images (3)__scaled_800.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Power of The Primes Moonracer High Res Stock Images (1)__scaled_800.jpg[/attachment]

I gotta have her. I'm really curious about what they'll do for Nova Star and any other upcoming surprises.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925107)
Posted by Skritz on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:40pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Oh right, Chromia DOES have a Generations toy remolded from a Prime Arcee, doesn't she? I always forget about that thing because it's a little goofy looking, being what it is. It's supposed to be a G1-ish/Generations toy but it has these body parts that scream TFPrime. It's so weird.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925108)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:49pm CST
so will we have an all fembot combiner in power of the primes with elita-1 as the torso moonracer, firestar chromia and greenlight or another Arcee as limbs?
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925109)
Posted by william-james88 on December 4th, 2017 @ 11:54pm CST
Skritz wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

After having her in hand I think she is great and looks just as much g1 as this Moonracer does.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925111)
Posted by bodrock on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:00am CST
Chromia was a bit odd for mainline Generations TFs, but I like her. I didn't have her first incarnation, but I picked up her, Arcee and Windblade as part of the Combiner Hunters set.<!-- ia0 -->IMG_8961.JPG<!-- ia0 -->I can't wait to add Elita-1, Novastar, and Moonracer to the party. :DANCE:
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925112)
Posted by Quantum Surge on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:05am CST
Not bad! I was a bit worried the fembots would be compromised by the Combiner Wars bulky aesthetic the older toys had, but this is preety good! Though the combiner hand below her chest makes her look pregnant
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925115)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:16am CST
Skritz wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I'm hoping for a NEW Combiner Chromia. I don't know which Femmebot from that episode is going to get left out of the combiner, but if I had to pick one, it would be Lancer, I guess.

I don't know. I think that Chromia is a must for Power of The Primes.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925116)
Posted by Mechastrike on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:30am CST
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925120)
Posted by Seibertron on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:51am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Prepare for a "once seen, can't be unseen" moment right here on Seibertron.com folks! Moonracer is prego! Now we know how baby Transformers come into the world.

Congratulations Powerglide!

Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925121)
Posted by Seibertron on December 5th, 2017 @ 12:53am CST
Mechastrike wrote:for a moment there i thought she was "pregnant". my regret for buying this toy: i sold my Classics Powerglide.

Lol! Aw, man. You beat my comment by 20 minutes.

Now that we are getting a proper Moonracer, I'd really go for a deluxe class Powerglide. :D
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925133)
Posted by RodimusRex on December 5th, 2017 @ 2:31am CST

I'd wondered what would happen to the inner robot if they did that. Minimus Ambus? Funpub Magnum? Dion? A total retool into an armored Magnus who becomes a giant white Prime as a bizarro Magnus?

Anyway, I uncovered something I never noticed before in the Wikis.

Orion Pax's design was originally supposed to be Ultra Magnus in the 1986 movie. The characters in the movie were supposed to be all "animation first, toy later" designs. I get the impression Hasbro bit off more than they could chew and opted for Powered Convoy from Diaclone as Magnus instead. (He originally was going to have the blue Optimus Diaclone deco which made it into trailers before they went with red, white, and blue.)

So, anyway, it turns out that when Magnus' original design was scrapped as the movie was being planned in 1985, the cartoon series swiped the design and recolored it as Orion Pax!

So Optimus' original "in-universe" form was an Optimus colored Ultra Magnus design. And then Ultra Magnus wound up being changed to be a recolored Optimus.

So there'd actually be some cool pedigree if they did redeco Leader Prime as Ultra Magnus.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925136)
Posted by KVO Prime on December 5th, 2017 @ 3:18am CST
Can I just point something out here? Why does her TOY look NOTHING like her box art??!?!??! Her box art shows her g1 look. The toy does not look like that! Wtf! Lol..
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925138)
Posted by Madeus Prime on December 5th, 2017 @ 3:47am CST
RodimusRex wrote:So I'd been playing with the idea of them doing a White Prime Ultra Magnus out of Leader Optimus in this line since Rodimus is getting the "evil" repaint.

My money is on Ambus or Dion. Dion would be the easier of the two, given his generic design, and given that the only real part of the figure that will have to be white would be the head and faux window assembly. So, yeah, it's plausible.

Again, I'd prefer an Ambus figure though, I love his design in the comics and I'd love a better scaled one for my MTMTE crew.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925145)
Posted by Nik Hero on December 5th, 2017 @ 6:02am CST
I hope Greenlight and Lancer are coming in later waves too!
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925147)
Posted by Adimus Prime on December 5th, 2017 @ 6:28am CST
The Prime Armor accessory looks like a strapped on baby carrier. What a useless gimmick.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Product for Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Moonracer (1925159)
Posted by LE0KING on December 5th, 2017 @ 7:53am CST
Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Congratulations Powerglide!

That was my first thought. The worst part is, you can put a titan/prime master in there and have her carry it for nine months.
Transformers products from AMAZON