Transformers News: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl

Wednesday, March 7th, 2018 10:05AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,481

This is also a chance to get some stock images we have not seen yet of these same toys since Takara always uses the finished products for their marketting as opposed to renders. Hopefully we will get these same images in better definition soon.

Transformers News: Stock Images of Finished Products for Sudio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl
Credit(s): Loopaza
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944494)
Posted by Black Hat on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:07am CST
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944499)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2018 @ 10:43am CST
You know, this Thundercracker would actually make for a half-decent Cloud Thundercracker, to go along with jet-tank Starscream and Hellwarp.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944502)
Posted by dragons on March 7th, 2018 @ 11:01am CST
Black Hat wrote:Thundercracker looks cool but I'll probably get Nitro Zeus instead to be honest. He suits the mold better, at least IMO.

Thunder crack good repaints in jet mode bad looking repaint in bot ok looking figure I don't see green mold on toy
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944511)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on March 7th, 2018 @ 12:15pm CST
Emerje wrote:That said, I'm now considering buying this just so the Legends Ghost Starscream Headmaster has something to ride in. I'm not a fan of mixing the styles, but it might be OK.

Emerje

The new head is the only reason I really want this one because I already have Nitro Zeus. The color scheme looks good, too. In general I avoid buying two versions of a mold (retools are kinda another mold to me but only a new head isn't a real retool to me. So now that everyone is confused I can go on :lol:). But the head and new color scheme make it really worth to me owning two variants of it. I might even have picked up TC over Nitro if they released them simultaneously. But I have to wait until I see him unboxed in a good lighting.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944513)
Posted by Overcracker on March 7th, 2018 @ 12:36pm CST
The more I see of Jazz, the more I want him.

Never got the original movie Jazz due to the horrible arms even though I loved the Solstice alt mode.

Lockdown looks pretty cool.

Megs I'm still on the fence about. Will need to see comparison pics with his old tank self to make a decision.

Brawl does nothing for me. Still have he original Deluxe Class, and its a pretty decent toy for what he is.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944519)
Posted by Rysquad on March 7th, 2018 @ 1:25pm CST
Gonna check tonight. Hopefully they didn't buy them all. :D
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944520)
Posted by Rysquad on March 7th, 2018 @ 1:27pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:

Emerje

I want to use the Nitro mold for troop building. I have Legends Octane with Headmaster Ghost Starscream on the way. Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing. Need another for Scorponok.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944528)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on March 7th, 2018 @ 2:16pm CST
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

Why is everybody using Nitro for Thunderwing when Titans Return Black/Sky Shadow's jet is clearly the same sculpt as G1 Thunderwing? I can't make any sense out of it, Nitro doesn't look anything like Thunderwing.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944531)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 7th, 2018 @ 2:32pm CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

1/ The colours are similar.

2/ The recent Headmaster Thunderwing hasn't got a body.

3/ Nitro Zeus' lack of paint, large size and relatively low profile in TF lore make it an ideal host for customising a new figure, that doesn't require much effort and doesn't cause any "uncanny valley" reactions of "That's just a fanmode!".

- Repainting Black Shadow takes more effort, regardless of how much more authentic-looking it is.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944532)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 2:35pm CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

But Sky Shadow is all in black
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944542)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 7th, 2018 @ 3:41pm CST
william-james88 wrote:We just newsed that Trasformers Studio Series Thundercracker was found at a US Toysrus. It's number was 09 in the series and, right away, we wondered if that meant Takara would be getting that too since so far their numbering has been the exact same as Hasbro's (as are the toys). Well, the Loopaza Mega Store added information regarding Takara's release of the Studio Series. This is our first confirmation that they will indeed also be releasing Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl. However, their number will be different from Hasbro's with Jazz at number 09 and the rest following suit. Will this mean that the boxes will be different then? And does that mean Takara wil not be releasing Thundercracker?

This is also an occasion to get some stock images we have not seen yet of these same toys since Takara always uses the finished products for their marketting as opposed to renders. Hopefully we will get these same images in better definition soon.

TakaraTomy's SS numbers and Hasro's regular numbers have lined up so far, but it appears Thundercracker having a number despite being a planned exclusive (no assortment code) throws a wrench into things. Not a real problem as the boxes for TakaraTomy are different, and include the SS number:

Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944543)
Posted by SureShot18 on March 7th, 2018 @ 3:47pm CST
That Thundercracker’s robot mode is utterly bizarre. The jet looks killer in those colors though.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944549)
Posted by Rysquad on March 7th, 2018 @ 4:00pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

1/ The colours are similar.

2/ The recent Headmaster Thunderwing hasn't got a body.

yep.

Basically, Thunderwing on Nitro Zeus is simple.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944555)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 4:22pm CST
Rysquad wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

1/ The colours are similar.

2/ The recent Headmaster Thunderwing hasn't got a body.

yep.

Basically, Thunderwing on Nitro Zeus is simple.

It's not just simplicity. It's the overall sculp as well for the robot mode. Nitro Zeu's chest is very "Thunderwingy" from the start. As for Black Shadow, it would require a severe chest modding. Plus, Nitro Zeus overall look make for a PERFECT movie Thunderwing. It's TW with an earth mode and that's awesome.

Anyone curious enough can see more HERE.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944569)
Posted by william-james88 on March 7th, 2018 @ 4:56pm CST
Plus the details match with Stormbringer Thunderwing

Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944581)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on March 7th, 2018 @ 5:41pm CST

I was never able to get the Thunderwing Titan Master. I couldn't get that boxed set so I bought Metalhawk & Tidalwave off ebay separately. Never got around to Thunderwing or Pounce. I'm not paying $20 or higher for a head with no body. I can get a full MISB deluxe with that money.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944584)
Posted by Emerje on March 7th, 2018 @ 5:46pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

But Sky Shadow is all in black

And the Thunderwing Titan Master isn't really a good fit for Leader class. Not to mention Sky Shadow's helmet doesn't suit Thunderwing.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Furthermore, right now Hasbro's missing 10 and 11, which may be assigned to Ratchet and Lockdown. TakaraTomy's lineup has no gaps so far, so Thundercracker may not see release in Japan, or as SS-EX. He never was in the movies anyway.

I can't be bothered to double check, but if TFWiki is right then Jazz is 10 and Lockdown is 11 so Thundercracker does cause the numbers to stray.

Emerje
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944586)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 7th, 2018 @ 5:57pm CST
Aimless Misfire wrote:Oh, ok. I was looking at the jet mode not the robot mode. Sky Shadow's jet mode is a perfect modern update of Thunderwing. I've always seen Nitro as Needlenose. But I'm only concentrating on the jet modes.

The only reason I bought the box set was to get that head. All the other figures were a bonus. A very, very LARGE bonus.

Also, it's very sad that Funpub, the Collector Club, and Botcon are no longer a thing. Because Leader Black Shadow would have been a sureshot remold/repaint as Thunderwing.

Oh well, some KO company and/or Shapeway might get to it some day.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944607)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 7th, 2018 @ 7:17pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Simply put, TakaraTomy's numbering will be 1 behind after 8, Blackout.
Re: Stock Images of Finished Products for Studio Series Megatron, Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl (1944611)
Posted by Budder Prime on March 7th, 2018 @ 7:28pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rysquad wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Aimless Misfire wrote:
Rysquad wrote: Already using one Nitro for Thunderwing.

1/ The colours are similar.

2/ The recent Headmaster Thunderwing hasn't got a body.

I am honestly wondering why Hasbro hasn't just made an official one, It works so well.

yep.

Basically, Thunderwing on Nitro Zeus is simple.

Anyone curious enough can see more HERE.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class Figure Autobot Skids" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Lot Hasbro Huffer Swerve Ratchet Pointblank Flywheels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RID Vehicon Decepticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA Version DOTM Air Raid Moontech DA-33 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Cannon Bumblebee  Deluxe Class  NEW FREE SHIP US" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Goldfire w/ Comic Deluxe Class NEW FREE SHIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Nightbeat w/ Comic Deluxe Class NEW FREE SHIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots 45 Pieces Shockwave Hasbro NEW FREE SHIP" on EBAY