Transformers News: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime

Monday, November 6th, 2017 2:26AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,092

Given that it's still a day ending in -y, we have a new set of images from unaffiliated source to Hasbro or Takara Tomy featuring an upcoming toyline and its official stock photography - today, we're looking at the Hasbro Transformers Power of the Primes (allegedly due to hit a number of retail markets in December 2018) and its Leader class toys for Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime and Voyager class Dinobot Grimlock!

The images come from regular source on Facebook TFCN, and have been mirrored below (we had also seen Rodimus and Optimus in this news story), where the spotlight is mostly on the Dinobot leader, shown in packaging, robot, and beast mode, while the other two are simply shown in their 'evolved' modes in package. Check them out, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): TFCN

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920099)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:35am CST
Grimlock has that ugly @$$ lookin tail

the trouble with Rodimus is...do you get that one?

or hold off & get this one

or get this one?
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920100)
Posted by Qwan on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:39am CST
Va'al wrote:

Wow, that dinosaur mode is, uhh... His robot mode sure is great! Wow what a great robot mode, right guys?

Admittedly, previous images have looked way better to me, and stock images don't exactly tend toward hitting the highest heights of quality (just ask poor decapitated Skullsmasher :-P ), so I'm still optimistic for this Grimlock. Probably a naive level of optimism, all things considered, but I sure hope it turns out to be well-placed!

Stuartmaximus wrote:the trouble with Rodimus is...do you get that one?

or hold off & get this one
But... "that one" is "this one"?
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920103)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:55am CST
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920107)
Posted by leokearon on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:22am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Nooo? unless I'm mistaken? but I thought you get Rodimus car, then Rodimus Evolved(including car) & I'm sure...duh...for obvious reasons...the Unicronus one comes with both vehicle & winnebago kibble

Rodimus Prime is the evolution version, so you get Hot Rod (Deluxe) and the trailer.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920112)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:36am CST
leokearon wrote:

OK...if that's the case...then tell me...where's the trailer in here? hmm? coz I sure as hell don't see it! I doubt the trailer is hidden behind the figure coz the trailer's waaay bigger than the figure
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920113)
Posted by Qwan on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:39am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:
leokearon wrote:

The trailer is the figure - most of it anyway. What you're seeing there is the Deluxe-sized Hot Rod combined with his trailer, in order to form the Leader-sized Rodimus Prime.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920114)
Posted by Va'al on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:40am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:
leokearon wrote:

Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920115)
Posted by Insurgent on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:41am CST
The trailer IS the robot mode. The POTP gimmick is evolution, which means you get a deluxe figure and a trailer for vehicle mode, and then the deluxe figure combines with the trailer to form the full leader sized robot mode. This is true for EVERY potp leader figure. So the Optimus has his G1 trailer also.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920116)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:44am CST
Qwan wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
leokearon wrote:

ah :BANG_HEAD: your right, my mistake #-o + on second glance it does say Evolution on the box

well...i was still partly right in the fact that you get a choice between the Evolution version and the Unicronus one and which one do you go for? (if not both)
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920117)
Posted by leokearon on November 6th, 2017 @ 4:47am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:
leokearon wrote:

Also you can see Hot Rod's hands peeking out from Rodimus's side
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920123)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on November 6th, 2017 @ 5:31am CST
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920125)
Posted by leokearon on November 6th, 2017 @ 5:36am CST
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I don't recall Optimus' forelegs being dark gray. Were they always that dark? It just makes him look uglier. :SICK:

They do look darker, maybe its the lighting
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920126)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 6th, 2017 @ 5:37am CST

Might just be the lighting.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920128)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 6th, 2017 @ 5:58am CST
That Grimlock is lousy. The robot mode is medicore but the dino mode really looks awful. It's like the top half is a good G1 Grimlock trying to climb out of some malformed plastic crap at the bottom. Optimus looks ok... just.. standard Optimussy. And despite my inital excitement when Rodimus was first shown, the huge flaws of that figure have turned me right against it.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920136)
Posted by frogbat on November 6th, 2017 @ 7:44am CST
Think these would've been excellent figures if they didn't have to incorporate a gimmick - POTP for rodimus and optimus, combining in Grimlock's case.

I am still excited to own a whole set of dinobots and think that Ic an overlook some of rodimus' flaws (really don't like the fact his hands show in vehicle mode...).

Optimus.. the gimmick smacks too much of power master prime - he looks like a potentially slimmed down version that adorned the backs of the pretenders era toy boxes in the 80s, just need some power master prime arm cannons and yet, he looks very reminiscent of his MP10 incarnation. It comes across as a toy that doesn't quite know what it wants to be. By maybe that's just me.

I'll definitely be skipping more toys this time round. And maybe, for the OP figure, I might wait to see if they release a cool black version...
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920138)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 6th, 2017 @ 7:53am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:And despite my inital excitement when Rodimus was first shown, the huge flaws of that figure have turned me right against it.

frogbat wrote:Ic an overlook some of rodimus' flaws (really don't like the fact his hands show in vehicle mode...).

I'm skipping regular Rodimus, but will probably pick up the Unicronus version. The sweet goatee is enough for me to overlook the flaws, plus need more cons, always.

But for me, the worst part of this mold is how the deluxe figure thighs become the collarbones of the leader figure. I'm not sure why, but I really can't stand that part of the design even more than the peek-a-boo hands.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920139)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2017 @ 7:54am CST
The reason Grimlock's tail look so bad is because both the G1 and MP figures had the robot legs fold up 180 degrees to have the fatter end of the feet connect to his back while the slimmer end of his knees become the tip of the tail, whereas here it is the opposite as legs don't seem to fold up at all, instead having the thinner end of the knees stay up near his back while the fatter end of the feet are left near the tip of the tail, creating a rather unbecoming T-Rex tail.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920141)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 6th, 2017 @ 7:58am CST

However, with the visible combiner ports on the dino tail, I'm thinking you may be able to come up with some goofy fanmode of a mutated triple dino or something by slapping 2 deluxe bots on there.
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920142)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 6th, 2017 @ 8:02am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I'm still getting Grimlock, but yikes, what a terrible dino mode. Looks like I'll be keeping my FOC Grimlock for the alt mode and the weapons. Seriously Hasbro, you couldn't give him a proper sword?

That's how bad the PotP Grimlock's alt-mode is when you prefer the FoC's crummy t-rex mode. The head on the PotP figure is a lot nicer but is the rest of it really the best the toy designers could come up with?
Re: Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock, Leader Optimus & Rodimus Prime (1920158)
Posted by william-james88 on November 6th, 2017 @ 9:29am CST

I was cool with these guys combining if it didnt affect their other modes.

So... not cool with this.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Snarl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers United UN-25 TANK MEGATRON LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Mechtech Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME WARS TRILOGY TITANS RETURN DELUXE REPUGNUS & DASTARD FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers unique toy UT R-01  Lockdown two hell hounds (no color box)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME POSTER ~ I Want You ~  IDW  RARE  OOP 2005  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Time Traveller Marty McPrime Back to the Future Transformers T-shirt M A38 UK" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BARRICADE with FRENZY DECEPTICON MOVIE 2007 DELUXE CLASS MISB new" on EBAY