Transformers News: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing

Friday, September 29th, 2017 3:10PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 12,705

While he is currently unavailable at Amazon, the placeholder listing does give us our first look at the stock photography for the figure.
Check out those photos below, and please let us know in the forums below if you spot this toy at retail!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Products - Combiner Force and More

Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913590)
Posted by kurthy on September 29th, 2017 @ 9:30pm CDT
Pretty sure I'm going to like this one better than the warrior class.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913628)
Posted by ThunderThruster on September 30th, 2017 @ 8:37am CDT
I'll 2nd that Kurthy. This looks like the better iteration.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913639)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 30th, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
kurthy wrote:Pretty sure I'm going to like this one better than the warrior class.

I'm not really sure how, other than being cheaper: the 2 molds transform exactly the same way. Though if these colors end up being the "real" colors those might be a bit better too
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913654)
Posted by kurthy on September 30th, 2017 @ 11:04am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Exactly, I'm much more willing to accept simplistic transformations at $5 and fits in the palm of my hand range than I am at the $15 range.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913655)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on September 30th, 2017 @ 11:11am CDT
kurthy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Makes sense.

Also, Galvatronus and Dragbreak are available at amazon for retail prices:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... +dragbreak?tag=seibertron07-20
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... alvatronus?tag=seibertron07-20
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913667)
Posted by william-james88 on September 30th, 2017 @ 11:51am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
kurthy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Makes sense.

Also, Galvatronus and Dragbreak are available at amazon for retail prices:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... +dragbreak?tag=seibertron07-20
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... alvatronus?tag=seibertron07-20

Would that be the first retail US offering of galvayronus then? If so that would be newsworthy.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913807)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 1st, 2017 @ 9:41am CDT
ok...off the back of the latest episode...when are we getting the garishly yellow camo modes of Thunderhoof, Steeljaw, Quillfire and Underbite?
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913837)
Posted by Kurona on October 1st, 2017 @ 11:39am CDT
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913845)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 1st, 2017 @ 12:08pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
kurthy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Makes sense.

Also, Galvatronus and Dragbreak are available at amazon for retail prices:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... +dragbreak?tag=seibertron07-20
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... alvatronus?tag=seibertron07-20

hopefully & eventually he'll turn up at Argos, seeing as they've had him pictured in their catalogue for a while now
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913981)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 2nd, 2017 @ 10:10am CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
kurthy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Makes sense.

Also, Galvatronus and Dragbreak are available at amazon for retail prices:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... +dragbreak?tag=seibertron07-20
https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Rob ... alvatronus?tag=seibertron07-20

Dragbreak is still there, but Galvatronus is now at $50 plus shipping, so he went pretty fast for that batch
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913995)
Posted by bluecatcinema on October 2nd, 2017 @ 11:18am CDT
Kurona wrote:That part surprised me a little -- the camo-scanning was supposed to be this technique the Primes had taught Optimus, but now even some random criminals are able to do it with no fuss or surprise. Guess they just don't care.

I'm guessing their "benefactors" must have given them an upgrade.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1913996)
Posted by Kurona on October 2nd, 2017 @ 11:21am CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:

I'm guessing their "benefactors" must have given them an upgrade.

True, and that's what I was thinking at first... but then Bumblebee and co. don't really react with surprise at the fact they can do it. It's like they're reacting to the idea that they can transform or use laser guns.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914062)
Posted by BombshellDaBug on October 2nd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:A new listing has appeared on Amazon.com for Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno! The small figure is actually the second time the character has appeared in the RID line, the first being his Warrior class toy.

Looks pretty neat. I'll probably grab this and the Warrior class version. I like the looks of both of them.
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914413)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:51am CDT
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914423)
Posted by WreckerJack on October 4th, 2017 @ 2:57am CDT
These delicious looking cookies were discovered on a Facebook group. They were found at Fiesta Mart in Texas if you would like to try one. As you can see they come in your choice of faction symbols. If you manage to try these, feel free to let us know how they were!

Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914470)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 4th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Toy Wiz was steadily raising the price as their stock of Galvatronus dwindled. Don't be 100% sure that Amazon had Galvatronus. My gut tells me people are going to get one of the other combiner sets.

You had better be wrong. My package shipped and is expected Saturday, and it had better have Galvatronus
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914495)
Posted by First-Aid on October 4th, 2017 @ 12:12pm CDT
C is for cookie. That's good enough for me!
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1914575)
Posted by EunuchRon on October 4th, 2017 @ 9:43pm CDT
Now we can have literal Decepti-Crumbs! :lol:
Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1915523)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on October 9th, 2017 @ 2:23pm CDT
Around 10 days ago or so, Amazon.com had a listing for Robots in Disguise: Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus for the retail price of $29.99. That listing has since gone away, but yours truly was able to get a hold of one of the figures before the price skyrocketed, and with the figure now in hand, I would like to tell you all how the team combiners truly are an underrated gem in Transformers.

We will start with the individual robots first, before getting to the combined mode at the end. Up first, the arm bots and the female fliers of the group: Cyberwarp (yellow) and Skyjack (green). These 2 figures are interesting because they are very different from the Ultra Bee and Menasor arm limbs, which all use the exact same skeleton but with different parts. These 2 ladies actually roll up into their jet modes, and in robot mode they have a rake-ish jet nose behind their heads. The coloring is nice on them, even if there isn't much in the way of paint. The robot modes are alright, better than the other arm bots, and the jet modes are pretty cool as well.

Next up are the leg bots, the big bruisers Riotgear (red) and Treadshock (green). These molds transform the exact same as the Menasor leg bots, but they are a lot bigger and I really like the vehicle modes. These things are big wheeled bulky bruisers, and they remind me some of Bulkhead. I really enjoy them both, and I really with the Menasor legs were this size. Menasor would looks so much better with the bigger legs.

Up next is the torso bot, Cyclonus. Continuing his new combiner abilities, first granted by Combiner Wars Cyclonus/Galvatronus, this Cyclonus is a great torso bot, probably the most convincing of the 3 torso bots. The jet mode is pretty sleek, and the purple is rich and a really nice plastic color. Robot mode is pretty good too, though he continues the Motormaster trend of not having actual hands, and his robot mode head is a bit low in this mode. Overall though, he really isn't that bad, quite a decent, spiky bot with an interesting transformation.

Here we have Cyclonus with his team. I think they look pretty good together, and it's kind of cool to see a Hasbro combining Cyclonus finally get a team, since only the Takara Unite Warriors line had given him a team so far. These were some good choices, and overall I think this is the best of the 3 in terms of individual team members.

And now we finally get to the combined mode, which is a pretty sweet looking thing. Cyclonus has his shoulders swivel up and a new super Cyclonus head slams down over top of his regular head. I really like the legs on the combined form, and they are definitely my favorite of the line. The arms are cool looking, but the hands are a bit of an issue. They are really nice and spiky, but when he holds his gun, he can't really close his hands, so it looks weird for him to hold his weapon.

Speaking of the gun, here it is. It is a pretty decent mold, and he stands out as the other 2 combiners only have swords, so it's the only ranged weapon given to a combiner in the line. It can be held in robot mode and stores on top of Cyclonus in jet mode. It can peg into that same slot for jet mode in combined mode on Galvatronus' back, but mine will not stay.

Finally, here we have Galvatronus with Menasor and Ultra Bee. Check them all out together!

In summary, the Combiner Force subline really has been an underrated line. The crash combiners have been really fun, and the team combiners are pretty great too. All 3 definitely have something new and interesting to offer, and for smaller $30 combiners that aren't that complex and can't pose much but still transform, don't have leaning or stability issues. and can be combined and decombined quickly, they are pretty good.

Overall, Galvatronus to me is the more creative in terms of individual team members, while Menasor has the best overall combined mode and combined mode head and Ultra Bee is personally the coolest of the 3. They are all good figures, and between them cost less than a regular Combiner Wars combiner. they also gave us our first and second ever 5 bot combiners (Drift as a sword in the show counts!) that have both male and female transformers in them, which is pretty neat!

Final conclusion: pick up at least one of these guys. They are worth it, and they are lots of fun.

:CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: out of :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON:

Re: Stock Photography Revealed of Transformers: Robots in Disguise Legion Class Twinferno through Amazon.com listing (1915526)
Posted by Kyleor on October 9th, 2017 @ 3:00pm CDT
These RID combiners are *really* awful looking in this size, they really should have been made warrior size-ish at the smallest.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 49%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
You save: 36%
You save: 27%
You save: 25%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%