Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque

Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque

Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 4:07pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notsoalex   Views: 15,767

Coming from Dengeki Hobby is a news article containing new stock photos for the Legends two pack LG-EX Repugs and Grotes! We first saw confirmation of this release here, and stock photos have finally surfaced!

For those who were hoping for better paint applications, we apologize, as these figures are identical to their Hasbro counterparts.

The article also has stock photos on the TakaraTomy Throne of the Primes and MP20+ Wheeljack, which were already reported on this site here and here respectively.

LG-EX Ribaku & Grotes

Price: 7,000 yen (excluding tax)
Scheduled to be released late January 2019
Eligible age 15 years and over
Publisher: Takara Tomy

Transformers News: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugs and Grotusque

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 4:07pm CDT

Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977105)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Blastoff actually really lines up well with my poor Parts Swap Dragstrip, so I am glad I picked him up last summer, came in use and perfectly too!
So why Dragstrip?

He was the spare. Found him at a Parts Swap last year (odd place to find a TF toy, but it happened, same this year with some dudes) missing all the accessories and the right rear wheel. Kept him anyway, he was $3. And then once we had the waves out for PotP and Blastoff was announced, I figured he would fit in perfectly so my con limbs would come out even, and I was right!
william-james88 wrote:Real question, if I make a top 5 POTP toys list, should I include these exclusives or not? Along with these 3 prime wars ones, there would be Nemesis Prime and Wreck Gar. So, regardless if these are worthy of a top 5 or not, should they be even considered or not?

I would, they all have the PotP logo and carry an exclusive prime from PotP. It would be a hard list though, so far my favorites are Abominus, Elita-1, Battletrap, Rodimus Unicronus, and Repugnus.

Really can't wait for Primal though, either of them. So glad Takara is doing the Throne of the Primes, just in case I cannot get one from HTS next week
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977134)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 7th, 2018 @ 4:58pm CDT
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977164)
Posted by Patrickab7 on August 7th, 2018 @ 6:54pm CDT
First area Hun-Grr sighting at Shiloh, IL Target. They had Elita as well. Sadly, only other Terrorcon I've seen in stores around here has been Rippersnapper.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977184)
Posted by Qwan on August 7th, 2018 @ 8:18pm CDT
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977188)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 7th, 2018 @ 8:33pm CDT
Qwan wrote:Urgh, I was really hoping it wouldn't be a two-pack. If I'd just not bought Amazon Repugnus then this would be perfect, but...! But now it's too late, Pug has already shipped, and I still have to try and work out a way to get Grotusque on his own. :(

Sell your just obtained Repug and then buy the 2-pack?
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977189)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 7th, 2018 @ 8:35pm CDT
There is one notable difference between these Legends versions and the Hasbro originals. The Legends two-pack lacks Titan Master Scorponok and Prime Master Special Edition Solus Prime.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977191)
Posted by william-james88 on August 7th, 2018 @ 8:39pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:7000 yen...hmm...that's awfully tempting, but then I would have to get a hold of the repungus titan master set as that head is a lot better then the one the toy wears.

I dont think anyone outside Japan can possibly buy this for 7000 yen.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977196)
Posted by Qwan on August 7th, 2018 @ 9:01pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Sell your just obtained Repug and then buy the 2-pack?

I think this might be the way to go. Hopefully people in Australia will be more interested in a reasonably-priced Repugnus since that's way harder to get here :lol:
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977203)
Posted by Emerje on August 7th, 2018 @ 10:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I dont think anyone outside Japan can possibly buy this for 7000 yen.

Anyone can buy it from Takara Tomy Mall at that price, it's the extra shipping costs through a shipping service that you can't avoid (shipping within Japan is free after 5,400JPY on TTM and tax is included with the price). But you'd have to pay shipping for anything you ordered from Japan so that's just an expected cost associated with buying from Japan. I intend to do this for the Golden Lagoon Starscream, but I've been waiting to see if domestic stores will be getting it like GL Optimus.

Emerje
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977208)
Posted by william-james88 on August 7th, 2018 @ 10:38pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I dont think anyone outside Japan can possibly buy this for 7000 yen.

Emerje

FFS Emerje, do you take me for a fool? I just meant this price is not what you'll end up paying if you live outside japan. Plus you forgot to mention the extra fee the shipping service takes for providing the forwarding service.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977209)
Posted by william-james88 on August 7th, 2018 @ 10:49pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:If they call them part of PotP, then that means they are part of PotP, regardless of anyone's personal feelings or preferences.

Wolfman Jake wrote:Will, I would definitely count anything branded with "Power of the Primes" in your list.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, if something is clearly labelled as POTP it should count, exclusive or not, makes sense. Like Wreck Gar and Throne of the Primes.

As for these though:

o.supreme wrote:I just looked at Repugnus packaging, which doesn't make things any better. It Advertises "Prime Wars", the entire Trilogy, showcases Titans Return (part 2 of the Trilogy), and PotP on the Side (part 3 of the Trilogy)

Thanks O.Supreme, mine have not shipped from Amazon yet (time to panic?!?!?!?!?!) so I didnt know about the labelling. If these arent clearly labelled, then if one is truly worthy of appearing it will be an honourable mention.

And with the brand unification, it only makese sense that I only count what is labelled at POTP globally. Wreck Gar and Throne of the Primes are a wide release in the Takara umbrella of POTP while Repugnus is still over in the Legends line, fully seperated.

Thanks for the tips guys, you have all been very helpful, now I will have to figure this out. Which isnt easy when most are interchangeable combiner limbs.

Oh and totally not related to anything, I wanted to reply to an earlier comment about the Abominus limbs. I find Sinnertwin deeply flawed. The others work fine but there are some realy weird choices made for sinner twin. I dont know why they did the beast necks that way with that odd triangle at the bottom, it just makes it look weird when you streth out the necks. Plus, I really dont like the way that barrel chest looks in robot mode. It really didnt have to look that way. With the rather small limbs by comparison he just looks so odd and unintimidating, unlike the other Terrorcons who looks pretty great in robot mode.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977213)
Posted by Emerje on August 7th, 2018 @ 11:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:FFS Emerje, do you take me for a fool? I just meant this price is not what you'll end up paying if you live outside japan.

But is that even worth mentioning since that's true for every single thing we import from Japan? Sometimes we get good deals, but we never pay just the advertised price. You may as well point that out every time someone posts a link to AmiAmi or HLJ.

Besides, there's certainly people out there that don't know that option exists to them.

Depending on where you go the fee isn't that bad since they're just forwarding a package rather than buying it for you like a proxy service. My e-Hobby Magna Convoy shipped through Tenso cost a grand total of 2,300 JPY to ship after a 570 JPY handling fee via registered air mail which isn't much more than what it would cost AmiAmi to ship a Voyager to me through the same method. My total was less than if I had bought it from HLJ (they sold it) and much lower figure and shipping combined than if I had bought it from a domestic seller (and I had it less than a week after release).

Emerje
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977219)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 8th, 2018 @ 12:35am CDT

"Sloan of the Primes" Pre order open at Amiami.

No sign of Grotosque or Repugnus though.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977220)
Posted by Qwan on August 8th, 2018 @ 12:37am CDT
Emerje wrote:

It's probably worth mentioning when someone else mentions how tempting the base price is. Will's original statement wasn't apropos of nothing, it was in response to ZeroWolf talking about 7000yen being a low price - in which case saying "we can't actually get it for 7000 yen" is a fair statement.
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977223)
Posted by Emerje on August 8th, 2018 @ 1:14am CDT
Qwan wrote:
Emerje wrote:

But you CAN get it for 7,000 JPY and then you pay shipping just like everything else you buy online from Japan. I'm giving ZeroWolf the benefit of the doubt and assuming he knows he'll still have to ship it home as well. And if he didn't know he does now which was the whole point of my comment to Will. I get what you're saying, 7,000 JPY isn't the final price, but I'd like to think everyone that buys stuff from Japan knows that. I bet I could get the set for $85 total or less buying it directly if I wanted to (thankfully I don't need to) which is less than it would cost me to buy the two off the second market right now ($100+) even if they don't come with the extra Masters. It's a perfectly viable alternative.

Emerje
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977225)
Posted by Qwan on August 8th, 2018 @ 1:34am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977227)
Posted by Emerje on August 8th, 2018 @ 1:47am CDT
Qwan wrote:I totally agree it's viable, and in fact I'll almost certainly be picking this set up. I think at this point we're just arguing over different interpretations of ZeroWolf's post (sorry for assuming what you mean Zero!), and that's mostly my fault for jumping on in, probably. :oops:

It's all good! ;)^ We'd probably just keep talking in circles anyway if we kept going.

Emerje
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977229)
Posted by frogbat on August 8th, 2018 @ 2:29am CDT
This is a great release for me cos I skipped the hasbro as they were too pricey. Did pony up for counterpunch tho... They'r not amongst my favourite bots but I think they did a decent job and since I have double-cross... completion is a bitch!
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977232)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 8th, 2018 @ 2:43am CDT
Qwan wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Qwan wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Don't worry, it's my fault for not making my initial post clearer :lol:

I was just looking at the Base price of 7000 yen, before looking at shipping options and how much customs I would have to pay (which is true of everything imported). Sorry for all the confusion!
Re: Stock photos of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX two pack Repugnus and Grotusque (1977253)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on August 8th, 2018 @ 4:56am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:They could also have done redecoes homaging Energon Optimus' drones since CW Optimus has some major detail homages to him in torso mode... but they didn't do that either.

...they did do that though, that's exactly what they did. Those "random Autobot repaints" exactly match the colors of his Prime Force drones.
Ironhide=Fire-1=Red
Prowl=Copter-2=White
Sunstreaker=Digger-3=Yellow
Mirage=Submarine-4=Blue

That's a stretch that you're pulling out of your exhaust port and you know it. Not only did you get one of the colors wrong (Fire-1 is ORANGE), the remaining three matches seem highly coincidental at best (And just where do Hound, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, and Trailbreaker fit into your equation, hm?). Methinks a deliberate homage would, you know, have gone for vehicles that more closely matched. Like, say, redecoing Alpha Bravo (an actual helicopter) for Copter-2, Nosecone (You know, the actual digging vehicle guy) for Digger-3.. Dunno for sure what you would pass off as submarine, but the Afterbreaker mold or maybe a helicopter sans rotors probably works better for that than a freaking Formula racer. The Offroad mold probably is the best bet for Fire-1, though. But still, given all that, I highly doubt Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Mirage are a deliberate homage to the Prime Force. And if they are, then they're a poorly conceived and executed one.

Sowndwave76 wrote:Hi all...
After what feels like a pretty long hiatus, I wanted to stop by and drop my two cents about the Terrorcons (yeah, I know this post is really really REALLY late).

First, I seem to remember members here saying that this set wouldn't be released for a long, long time... I'm not bringing this up negatively or to point a finger, but just to say how surprised and excited I was when the news broke, photos were released, and after having a little patience, I found 3 of the 5 in a local store!
Next, is anyone else really happy with these figures?!? Between the bot modes, the at least somewhat unique transformations (for combiner figs), and really just the overall look (I also really like the alt modes), this is shaping up to be one incredible set.
I'm finally getting Hun-Gurrr (through an email from Amazon he was listed again at $24.99) this Thurs or Fri in the mail... And I have a couple different add-on kits on preorder... I know it's almost pointless to have two of these, but since there isn't a UW set for this team, I'm okay with dropping a little extra.

Anyway, I could see this set being one of my favorites, possibly my favorite overall.
And I see the upgrade kit from Dream Wave really making this an extremely nice looking combined bot!

So here's another dose of props to Hasbro. Well done!!!

I only have Rippernsapper so far because of the fubar distribution of Wave 2's original release, but I like him. And I look forward to collecting his teammates too, although they might not be top priority (Blackwing, Elita, and Roadtrap are a bit higher up the list).

Speaking of Blackwing brings me to a point. While the era of Takara doing more thoroughly painted painted (and retooled half the time, to boot) versions of practically every character for the Japanese release, we are still getting the occasional special redeco (see Golden Lagon Starscream) And I can predict at least one more they'll do based on Power of the Primes: Blackwing and Dreadwind into Hydra and Buster to further fill out the neo-Masterforce collection. I mean, if they can do freaking Grand Maximus i don't see doing the Godmaster Brothers posing an obstacle for them.

Regardless of whether or not they do, I plan on getting duplicates of the Dreadwing duo to make my own Generations Hydra and Buster (yes, despite the fact that they're retools of Combiner Wars toys and the Combiner Wars molds were designed by people with a psychopathic hatred of customizers). A. I enjoy Masterforce despite its continuity faults (IMO, the overall improvement in quality compared to Headmasters.. Don't get me started on that series) so I'd like to have the Masterforce counterparts as well (in fact, more than I want the US characters), and B. I think Dreadwind, Blackwing, Hydra, and Buster would make the perfect set of limbs for Starscream (this in fact is why I want duplicates instead of just getting one of each to repaint into Hydra and Buster). They're all jets so they would work together well from a tactical standpoint, neither the Dreadwing Duo nor the Godmaster Brothers is part of an existing combiner limb group, and Dreadwind is even suggested by Starscream's boxart (which also suggests Sinnertwin, but he kinda has a prior commitment).

Moving on from that point, still very much enjoying Volcanicus. I hope to get some pics taken soon. Including one involving a certain Decepticon Headmaster. :twisted:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY