Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter

Transformers News: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest  Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter

Monday, January 7th, 2019 5:51PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Amelie   Views: 16,170

Stop Motion videos featuring the latest Studio Series toys have been posted on Youtube by Bob Toy Reviews. In one of them, we get our best look yt at Deluxe Studio Series #40 Shatter. The video shows a range of the toys articulation and a shot comparing her alt-mode to Masterpiece Barricade as well, which as many of you will notice –is a fair bit smaller, so scale is difficult to fathom. Please note that it is mistrasformed at times. Also, there is another video where we can see both Scrap Metal and Rampage.

Credit(s): Bob Toy Reviews
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003179)
Posted by Ig89ninja on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:16pm CST
That can’t be SS Barricade, it has to be his Masterpiece figure, Shatter is way too small compared to it

Also, does SS Barricade have his light bar split, because that one does :-?
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003181)
Posted by Amelie on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:21pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:Also, does SS Barricade have his light bar split, because that one does :-?

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll adjust the news article properly. The size raised an eyebrow from me, too, but since the SS Barricade is (apparently) based off the Masterpiece - they do have certain similarities. :)

Thanks again. :)
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003182)
Posted by Ig89ninja on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:22pm CST
Edit: my previous post was acknowledged
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003186)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:33pm CST
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003192)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:52pm CST
Wasn't Shatter supposed to come with wrist guns too?
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003193)
Posted by Deadput on January 7th, 2019 @ 6:53pm CST
Ah the beauty of triple changers...

And how they just don't work for live action movies unless both vehicle modes are fictional.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003195)
Posted by Rainmaker on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:02pm CST
Do we have any actual good triple changers at all in the entire movie line?

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003196)
Posted by Deadput on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:05pm CST
Rainmaker wrote:Do we have any actual good triple changers at all in the entire movie line?

:MAXIMAL:

I would say ROTF Mixmaster if the gun mode counts (But he is very "complicated" in articulation and stuff), ah maybe ROTF Soundwave?

I mean that's just my opinion, maybe I forgot some others but those two are the first that come to mind, Rampage as well but he isn't really a triple changer by normal standards or anything.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003204)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:38pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:I think Shatter looks good, but rushed(ironically). I hope jet mode Shatter is better. Come to think of it, would you guys accept it if a masterpiece triplechanging Shatter and Dropkick was announced, but had alot of protruding kibble from the bottom of the jet and helicopter?

If they could triple change, I could forgive some protruding kibble.

I'm so sad looking at Shatter here. She looks so much cheaper than all previous photos have lead me to believe. And that's sad considering how cool she was
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003207)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:42pm CST
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003209)
Posted by ThatOneGuy on January 7th, 2019 @ 7:59pm CST
jet Shatter and car Dropkick 2-pack when?
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003219)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 7th, 2019 @ 8:59pm CST
As expected, shatter suffer from "turtle-shellitis". But she transform into a bitchin' MUSCLE CAR.
So… :x
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003225)
Posted by -Crossfire- on January 7th, 2019 @ 9:43pm CST
Yeah that's definitely not SS Barricade, his doors don't have panel lines and his lightbar doesn't split. Still, Shatter looks a little tiny. Hopefully she doesn't have Dropkick Syndrome.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003234)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:33pm CST
William-James, I must thank you for pointing me to the Studio Series RotF Starscream and KSI Sentries on Amazon.com the other day. I picked up Starscream at a nice discount and three KSI Sentries (army building) with an Amazon gift card I got for Xmas. Though, after ordering them, I of COURSE find them at my local Targets immediately afterwards! At least I know I paid less then MSRP for RotF Starscream, and I only did see ONE KSI Sentry on the shelves so far. I've also got some Shadow Raiders and a Dropkick on the way from Hasbro Toy Shop. Along with the VW Bumblebee I found recently, I'm ALMOST caught up on the Studio Series. I still need to find Voyager Ironhide at a decent price.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003243)
Posted by william-james88 on January 7th, 2019 @ 10:59pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Though, after ordering them, I of COURSE find them at my local Targets immediately afterwards!

Haha, well at least it comes to show that distribution is indeed improving :)
And no problem, was glad to help. I will let you know if I spot Ironhide on Amazon for a decent price.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003245)
Posted by Deadput on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:14pm CST
Argh I'm so upset at myself for not getting more of the Studio series guys while they were still on sale at Amazon Canada, I bought Stinger and Jazz, I was saving Lockdown for later, I presumed they were on sale because Amazon was trying to get rid of overstocked items considering some of the newer ones like Sentry were still retail price.

And now I have some 5 dollar credit I gotta use by the end of January but I don't see any good deals on Transformers stuff right now. (And I need to use the credit on things sold by Amazon themselves)

I can't justify paying even 25 Cad dollars on a deluxe these days.

Jetfire and DOTM Megatron are up on Amazon Canada though for 69.99 Cad
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003247)
Posted by william-james88 on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:20pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Yeah, well, this line often shows a complexity aversion that's ill-suited to movieverse TFs.

I dont know about that. This line is known for having the most transformation steps to date for any size class available at mass retail.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003250)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:34pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Yes. Dropkick and Shatter were so very awesome looking in the movie... I'm so disappointed that the Studio line didn't do them more justice.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003253)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:48pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I think it's another issue of the designs not being quite finalized by the time the toys had to actually go into production. It's happened many times over the past 11 years or so with movie series toys. Refinements are made to the CGI models after the toys have already been designed. It's especially obvious with Bumblebee being pushed back half a year for an Xmas release. With more time to work on the CGI models, suddenly, they decided to remove the iconic "door wings" from Bumblebee's robot mode. None of the toys were designed based on this change, though, so almost every VW Bumblebee sports them when they're not at all prominent in the actual movie.
Re: Stop Motion Videos Featuring Latest Studio Series Toys Including SS 40 Shatter (2003256)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 7th, 2019 @ 11:56pm CST
Amelie wrote:Thanks to TFW2005 member, Fc203 we have a screencap gallery from a video review of Deluxe Studio Series #40 Shatter. The gallery shows off a small range of the toys articulation and a shot comparing her alt-mode to Masterpiece Barricade as well, which as many of you will notice –is a fair bit smaller, so scale is difficult to fathom. We have mirrored the images below, but the original gallery can be seen here.

Is the Studio Series still shaping up to the same quality as the earlier figures (like Barricade and Bumblebee, for example) or is the rush of figures finally effecting the quality? Have you already pre-ordered, happily got Shatter early or waiting for retail on this release? Let us know on the Energon Pub here at Seibertron.com!
Those look like screencaps taken from this (not-a-review) video:

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Robots in Disguise Deluxe Airachnid MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse 1 Step Changer Soundwave Action Figure. Age 6+. NEW" on EBAY
Buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers G2 Minibots Minibot Mini bot bots complete Bumble Bee" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers DOTM Cyberverse Autobot POWERGLIDE action figure, Japanese version" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro G2 Transformers Autobots Dreadwing Figure 1993 Vintage Generation 2 Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G2 Cyberjets Air Raid MOSC Sealed" on EBAY