Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box

Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box

Friday, January 10th, 2020 10:12am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 43,079

This is more to set expectations and share something with you all. We now have in hand images of the Brains and Wheelie figures that come with Transformers Studio Series leader Shockwave. And they are incredibly small. The best comparison would be the size of the mini jets that came on a sprue with Titans Return Broadside. This makes sense, when you think about how Studio Series is all about accurate movie scaling and they should technically only reach the calf of the small paratrooper figure since we all remember that Wheelie could only reach Megan Fox' calf (though many have tried to forget). The reason the minuscule size does still surprise many is because the promotional images from hasbro were misleading in their size. They seemed much bigger in comparison to Shockwave, along the lines of the Igor that came with leader class DOTM Megatron. Below we show the comparison to what was shown and how big they are in reality. You can also see a video review of the toy below.

Transformers News: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box

Credit(s): Seibertron and Emgo

Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048966)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:14am CST
I'm really looking forward that Shockwave. Look like a MPM with all that paint.
This would be an amazing display beside his Seige leader self.
8-)
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048967)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:14am CST
They look like a centimeter tall. Yikes!
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048968)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:15am CST
Sabrblade wrote:They look like a centimeter tall. Yikes!

And that's absolutely perfect.
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048969)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:19am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:They look like a centimeter tall. Yikes!

And that's absolutely perfect.
For misplacing/swallowing/etc. :twisted:

J/K
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048971)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:24am CST
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048972)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:33am CST
Quantum Surge wrote:Damn, these are as small and easy to lose as VW Bee's accessories. At least the Shockwave figure seems more satisfying than the puny Deluxe.

Voyager
Fix'd if you were talking about the original DOTM Shockwave.
As for this current leader, he's the same size as SS DOTM leader Megatron and the Voyager Megatrons. However he's more "chunky" than the voyagers obviously.
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048978)
Posted by Ig89ninja on January 10th, 2020 @ 11:51am CST

Even then, they are way smaller than those accessories!
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2048983)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on January 10th, 2020 @ 1:22pm CST
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049000)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2020 @ 7:42pm CST
BERSEKAEL wrote:those scale perfect with my legion class movie line, I will buy it right on sight for brains and wheelie

You gonna get the Arcee pack? Basically 3 legion class figures
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:That new Off-road Bee looks really good, and I’m loving the pics of the new ‘07 Megatron, that silver paint is great.

I forgot to post this showing the head-swap with SS-01 and SS-49:
AEC139A8-5A62-401B-8237-7A3F496A0B47.jpeg

I think I like the battle mask better because the face on SS-01 still feels kinda off.

This looks pretty neat! I may try the head swap as well

Slowly but surely, the new Studio Wave is coming to my hands. Now just waiting on the Leaders. also, with Stinger from our own Ironhidensh, I now have a version of all the SS molds in some form

I also want to take a minute to say that this wave has been very varied in terms of figures and movies they came from, and they each have some very good higlights:

Bumblebee - This is a spot on pocket MP update to the 2007 Bumblebee and is a great all around toy serving as a fantastic update with some new stuff to make it interesting.

Hot Rod - Makes WWII Bee better and they form a great pair. One of those figures that is good alone but as a team is really good. He is the team player

Arcees - This is a nice little 3-pack of Legion figures, and they are surprisingly intricate and painted for the price point. I like the little set, it's a bonus pack sort of thing, and one that is nice, especially since I finally have a toy of all 3 of them (I didn't have any previously)

Soundwave - This is the toy that is both fantastically painted and also just chonky. He chonkin'. This toy has presence, and I love it for that. This is the muscular Soundwave I was hoping for, he feels great in hand.

Mixmaster - This guy is the freak so far, and he owns the slenderman long-armed monster humanoid with some good paint work. I really enjoy this freakshow

Megatron - This, like Bee, is both a fantastic update but also a nostalgia train, not to mention well painted and filled out and muscular. This toy is basically all of the above toys comments combined into one.

Now to wait on the Leaders! I am super stoked for Scavenger. i am ready for him!
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049007)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on January 10th, 2020 @ 9:07pm CST
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049008)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 10th, 2020 @ 9:21pm CST
BERSEKAEL wrote:if they are, would be amazing since the pack with all 3 was canceled years ago and they released only arcee.

Oh they are, trust me, I got them.

I can share some pictures of them with other legion figures tomorrow morning as well to showcase the size
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049012)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on January 10th, 2020 @ 10:15pm CST
if you guys do creative roundup again, I dunno where to post this but I feel like it'd be good here
I am just excited for Devastator to be nearing his completion
Image URL.jpg
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049069)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 11th, 2020 @ 7:51pm CST
Feel The Sting.

I didn't get this figure initially, I heard it was fiddly, and I wasn't really interested. But then he was the only mold I didn't have in SS in any form, and i wanted him to get the AOE cast together with a good figure. And he is really fun, I love his robot mode, the transformation is pretty explosive and fun, and the alt mode is slick.

Ya know, I am shocked that we have gone 2 years now and they never reshelled this to make AOE Bumblebee. But then again, they have been good with gaps between retools. Took a full year to get WWII Hot Rod from Bumblebee

Thank you again Densh!

Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049084)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on January 12th, 2020 @ 9:17am CST
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049087)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2020 @ 10:37am CST
LeAwesome1 wrote:So one of the tabs on my SS Soundwave snapped off this morning. Was transforming it like normal, didn't do anything different. I haven't tried converting him back to vehicle yet to see if it affects the vehicle mode but damn, kinda sucks.

Which tab?
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049091)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on January 12th, 2020 @ 10:58am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Which tab?

The ones on the end of the arms:

IMG_20200112_165212.jpg
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049093)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2020 @ 11:10am CST
Ouch dang, that hurts. I'll have to be careful with that
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049100)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 12th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CST
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:So is it safe to assume that SS Sentinel will finally come with his Rust Gun? Sword and shield are a given, but I don't think we've ever had any toy previous come his his firearm.

The Voyager version came with a mech-tech gun.
Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049105)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 12th, 2020 @ 1:13pm CST
Wanted to share these images that just went up with an article I wrote

Re: Studio Series Brains and Wheelie are Much Smaller than as Shown on Box (2049116)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 12th, 2020 @ 3:07pm CST
This show that in the old movie lines, scale was not important at all.

But SS and MPM are on point. So far, SS knock it out of the park because almost all the bots so far look like budget masterpieces. That's quite the feat!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY