Friday, October 26th, 2018 5:13am CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 30,752

Thanks to fellow Seibertron users, Terrsolpix and Carnivius_Prime, we've got a special picture to share from Hasbro's MCM Convention booth in London, UK! The picture shows new Leader Class toys of Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire!

Transformers News: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed

Of special note is that this time round, Megatron's cowl is actually a piece of fabric and not moulded plastic as before. Jetfire also includes his Axe from when he joins the battle in Egypt.

While we'll no doubt have better pictures from the actual event, feast your eyes on these reveals for now and let us know in the Energon Pub what your thoughts are. Stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Terrsolpix and Carnivius_Prime from Seibertron.com

Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991128)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:15am CDT
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991129)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:18am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:yeah if they're just setting up then maybe they'll fix up Megatron later and have him holding his rifle properly. :P

We can only hope :) also I wonder if they'll be putting a transformed jetfire down as there's a big space there that looks like it could be room for another toy...
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991130)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:20am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

Ah yeah I didn't even think of that. The original RotF Jetfire toy had a massive jet mode and curious to see how this one turns out (please let it hide more of the robot stuffs) and the robot form we see here looks oddly quite clean and accurate so where is the jet? Maybe he doesn't combine with Prime this time and this results in a more concentrated and accurate jetfire overall? Who knows? (well..the toy designers probably)
Also that Megatron truck mode looks pretty darn huge too (and man I love all that spiky stuff at the front). :O
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991131)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:25am CDT
Looking again at the picture, I see that Jetfire look quite nice. I'll buy him only if he properly combine with Optimus though.

As for that Megatron, I really hope he's misstransformed. Because he feel really like a "2007" leader with all that blockyness.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991132)
Posted by Deadput on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:36am CDT
There go my pant...

pockets because the money is following out of them.

(Not sure about the cloak material, but overall this gives even more credence to the listing leaks.)
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991133)
Posted by Bucky on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:41am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

A new Jetfire is pretty exciting. I really like the original, despite its flaws. My desire for him is actually the opposite of what i want from the Constructicons. I really don’t want them to combine, because I don’t want the individual bots to suffer for it. I do, however, want Jetfire to combine with the new OP coming out. It could be done a lot better this time around. Plus none of these SS leaders have those electronic components that took up so much space, and really hampered the transformation. Without that gimmick, the end result is bound to be much better, without diminishing either individual figure.

It’s a little hard to see Jetfire properly, but hopefully we’ll get some clear, well lit shots of him later. That Megatron, though...

I’m glad to see that it’s DotM Megs, and that he has an actual cloth cape this time around, but I’m a little let down when it comes to that bot mode. I’ll hold off on forming any concrete opinion of him, until we get some clear photos, but those legs are ENORMOUS! I’m hoping he’s mistransformed, because his entire lower legs are just huge rectangles. I also have this thing against big folding panels on the outside of transformers forearms. That’s probably just my own pet peeve. Then there’s the blocky shoulders. I feel like I’m coming down hard in this figure, especially since we only have the one image so far.

I’m hoping like hell that I’m way off on that Megatron figure.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991134)
Posted by CommunistPrime on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:50am CDT
Is that Igor?!
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991135)
Posted by Agent 53 on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:51am CDT
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991136)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:52am CDT
Looking at the poses of the figures, I think Megs needs a nice pose to show what he's capable of, and given the figures we've had do far, I think the proper pictures will impress. I agree with you on the costructicons kanra
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991137)
Posted by Evil Eye on October 26th, 2018 @ 5:58am CDT

And Jetfire looks incredible. I'll reserve judgement until I see the jet mode though.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991142)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:38am CDT
Agent 53 wrote:I hope Jetfire does combine with Optimus but only if they use parts forming. part of the problem they had with the old mold is that it was trying to use one thing. In the film Powered up prime was, effectively, optimus with parts of Jetfire grafted on if they have him go to bits and be attached like that, even if they don't incorporate all of Jetfire (it makes more sense like that I think, I doubt they needed the whole corpse for the upgrade) then I'll be happy.

Yeah. That's what I was gonna say when I got home just now. I'd rather the Jetfire figure have parts that come off to attach to Prime (whether it's the current mold or a new one) rather than trying to stick an entire leader class figure onto him. Studio Prime is one of my absolute fave figures for posing and articulation and I'd want a jetpowered Prime to still be very posable too which is really difficult to do when trying to mesh two figures together like the old RotF Leader combo.

It's amusing that some folk want combining constructions and other people want to forsake that in favour of higher quality individual bots and some folk want a combining Jetfire and some want a more focussed singular figure or at least not use the whole thing for Prime's jetpower kit. Hasbro are stuck here cos they really can't please everyone. :P

Also yeah I like that there's no electronics in Studio series. The old Jetfire figure had a very blocky body and this new one looks much more slender and one likely reason is not having to contain all the light and sound stuff inside. If I want a figure to 'talk' I'm fine just having sound samples on my phone and play those when playing about with my figures. :P

By the way was the camaro Bee mold always intended to have the Rebekah's Garage clip on bits for car mode? Cos it does have the rectangular holes on it I always wondered what they were for. Like Hasbro planned that kit from the start?

CommunistPrime wrote:Is that Igor?!

Yeah that's what I pondered on the last page when I posted the original pic. If so then it's a nice extra. :)
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991143)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:39am CDT
*delete please*
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991144)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:41am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Damn, that Megatron's gonna be big. I hope he doesn't scale too awkwardly with Optimus (unless we're getting another, bigger Optimus later). He does look pretty awesome though.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. He looks like he’ll be way bigger than our current SS Prime, but if that’s an excuse for a slightly bigger DOTM Optimus I am totally on board!

I don’t think I can say anything until we see the renders and close-ups, but Jetfire’s head looks huge and kinda. . . Unsettling. I’m really excited to see his SR-71 mode though.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991145)
Posted by Randomhero on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:47am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Well megatron is bigger than Optimus in the movies. I don’t mind that he’s bugger I’ve only been getting Decepticons from Studio Series but I understand if people are getting everyone or most.

Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991146)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:51am CDT
Randomhero wrote:He is quite blocky which threw me off not complaining until we see a full reveal of him but it does remind me of how well done the original dark of the moon was. One of the few original movie figures I still have because I love him so much.

It's mainly his lower legs I'm worried about. They look like they should be able to compact some more and maybe the shoulders could hide those wheels. DotM Megs is his blockiest version in the movies anyways. That badass truck mode has already got me wanting the figure even if the robot isn't great. Hopefully we can see a pic without the cloth tarp so we can get a clearer look at the figure itself.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991147)
Posted by Deadput on October 26th, 2018 @ 6:52am CDT
These definitely don't look completely transformed so I'm going to save my full judgement till we see official renders and toy owner pics.

The sculpting however looks pretty nice especially on Jetfire.
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991152)
Posted by galvatron00 on October 26th, 2018 @ 7:25am CDT
To quote TFWiki: "And all the other toys were thrown away."

:lol:

Gold monkey fighting diamond. I didn't want to buy new ones. Now I want to buy new ones. I liked this scale myself, now it all changes.

And Jetfire?! Dang IT!!
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991169)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:03am CDT
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991172)
Posted by Deadput on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:14am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:How does that Megatron look soo much more stiff and awkward than the Voyager version?

Because it's mistransformed and not properly posed?
Re: Studio Series Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron and Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire Revealed (1991177)
Posted by TulioDude on October 26th, 2018 @ 10:34am CDT
I'm excited for this.Can't wait to see more pics.Jetfire having the cane and the axe seeems a bit much.I would assume one would transform in the other.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE EX-22 DELUXE CENTURION DRONE WEAPONIZER SET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GALACTIC ODYSSEY PARADRON MEDICS SET RATCHET & LIFELINE EARTHRISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "NOS Transformers GRIMWING Beast Hunters Prime Voyager New NIB" on EBAY