Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada

Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada

Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 8:13am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 31,278

There is always a worry when it comes to exclusives, especially when it comes to toys sporting the logo of a particular store or brand. Like Leadfoot with his Target logo. That character has had a long history of exclusivity, which sure made Canadians worry (along with any other country that is not the US). Well, luckily, it seems he'll be one of the easier exclusives for Canadians to get this year. Not only is he appearing at Toysrus stores all across the country but he is also available online. The price is $29.99 CAD.
Canadians can purchase him at the following link.

Transformers News: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada

Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086632)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 11th, 2020 @ 4:32pm CST
william-james88 wrote:MP Grimlock is basically the same scale so I don't need this one, especially when this leader seems based on the MP figure (which is amazing for those who don't have the MP).
While I love the MP figure, I think that this leader is as close to MP as we're going to get without it being called that. I've been thinking about getting MP-08X but he's so expensive, I might just get this SS leader and paint his legs blue. I wonder if this leader could hold the MP's sword.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086642)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 11th, 2020 @ 8:29pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:I always hear about how Studio Series is better than WFC but between the Bumblebee figures and this set I'm REALLY not seeing it.

I don't know where you are hearing that from but it sure ain't from me or anyone else I discuss this with. Between the deluxes in WFC, Cyberverse and Studio Series, it is the Studio Series ones that have the least articulation, usually lacking either waist, wrists, ankles or a combination of all those.

As for Grimlock and Blurr, I don't need em. My Legends Blurr does the job great and I find him sleeker while my MP Grimlock is basically the same scale so I don't need this one, especially when this leader seems based on the MP figure (which is amazing for those who don't have the MP).

Although it drove me nuts that the mold was used sooo many times in TR, that Legends Blurr mold is really great. It's amazing what can be done when you don't need to worry about where a head goes. I'm still going for 86 Blurr, but that Legends one is solid.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086752)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 13th, 2020 @ 10:26am CST
The next wave of SS Deluxes - B-127 and Dino!

Dino2.JPG

B-127.JPG

SO glad we're finally getting a Dino! It's certainly been a long time coming.

I'm ok with the unlicensed vehicle mode, Ferrari is notoriously a pain in the butt to work with so I can understand why they didn't go with that.

Robot mode looks pretty good, although I'm wondering how far that backpack sticks out, looks like most of the car is folded up back there.

As for B-127, it looks kinda cool but after hearing the feedback on Cliffjumper I'll probably skip.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086754)
Posted by ScottyP on November 13th, 2020 @ 10:50am CST
King Kuuga wrote:I feel ripped off paying $250 for this set.
I'm a dumb completionist so this is my second full set of these dudes and I especially feel this way. Sure, five of the eight have tiny differences with the mud paint apps/little bit of extra gold on Devastator's face and teeth, but overall this was very disappointing for me personally. I expected some stealthy additional paint here and there like on the old Premium Series lineup from '07, but nope, can't even get that on here. I don't recommend this at all for anyone that bought the individual releases.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086837)
Posted by justasomething on November 14th, 2020 @ 1:11pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:I feel ripped off paying $250 for this set.

Isn't it cheaper to buy all of the constructicons at standard MSRP? For the price increase, I would have hoped for some additional accessories. Maybe some small figures of Skids and Mudflap at least. I could understand getting this if you are a completionist, but if you just missed one or two figures and don't want to pay scalper prices, then I feel that the knockoffs are a better(and cheaper)option.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086851)
Posted by Rtron on November 14th, 2020 @ 4:58pm CST
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086860)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 14th, 2020 @ 6:02pm CST
Rtron wrote:Devastator is comprised of two leaders, four voyagers, and two deluxes. Assuming leaders are 50, voyagers 30, and deluxes 20, that would be 260 dollars, right?

Correct. It is the same price to buy all 8 individual and as the boxset.

I didn't get the box set. I was really hoping for some repaints to make it more worth it, but as soon as the minimal paint app differences were revealed I decided not to.

On a different note, I am so happy Dino is finally getting a toy. I am excited for it!!!!!
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086867)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 14th, 2020 @ 6:43pm CST
I still cannot believe this is a real shelf in my Den. It is so wonderful.

Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2086905)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 15th, 2020 @ 1:33am CST
justasomething wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:I feel ripped off paying $250 for this set.

Not counting tax, it is technically about 7 cents cheaper to buy all the components individually at MSRP, and if you take into account that they're often sold a dollar or two below MSRP then it would definitely be cheaper to do so, but I personally missed half of them when they were on shelves because I was unemployed last year, and when I was waffling on going back to get them on the aftermarket we got the news about this set so I decided to just get the box set instead out of convenience. Except now I'm going to have to write an angry letter to Hasbro about Hightower's missing head.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087816)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on November 24th, 2020 @ 12:28pm CST
Any ideas as to whether or not Perceptor would be included in the SS86 line?
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087825)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 24th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CST
Razorbeast88 wrote:Any ideas as to whether or not Perceptor would be included in the SS86 line?

No idea yet, but who knows?
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087827)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 24th, 2020 @ 3:27pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

No idea yet, but who knows?

Was Perceptor in the movie?
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087828)
Posted by blackeyedprime on November 24th, 2020 @ 3:33pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

No idea yet, but who knows?

Was Perceptor in the movie?

Yep with Blaster before Rumble cracks the shell to crack the nuts inside. Pretty sure both of them will show up in ss86 but then again there has been a MP cassette for Blaster for years without a MP Blaster.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087829)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 24th, 2020 @ 3:42pm CST
Everyone assumed we would see Blaster at some point in the wfc Trilogy but unless he's an exclusive of some fashion next year, it could be a longer wait. Unless they do a retool of Netflix Soundwave under SS 86 :-?
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087831)
Posted by Overcracker on November 24th, 2020 @ 3:45pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

No idea yet, but who knows?

Was Perceptor in the movie?

Yes, he warns Magnus of the decepticon Attack early in the movie.

Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087841)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 24th, 2020 @ 5:09pm CST

Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087850)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2020 @ 6:03pm CST
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087853)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 24th, 2020 @ 7:32pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:But it's a certainty that anyone who appeared in the movie just a bit will have a SS figure sooner or later.

No, no it's not.

-Kanrabat- wrote:SS 1986 Devastator anyone? Especially if they go the SS ROTF Devastator route, making something clearly superior from the substandard CW/UW versions.

Am I the only one around here that is quite satisfied with the Unite Warriors release? The only things I would fix are stronger shoulder and elbow joints, maybe put the Combiner head on a ball joint.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087854)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on November 24th, 2020 @ 8:03pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:That's mostly more a cameo than anything else though. The main characters will be the first ones to be made for sure. But it's a certainty that anyone who appeared in the movie just a bit will have a SS figure sooner or later.

It very much is not, especially considering the prominent Movie characters that are getting new figures in Kingdom.

According to the leaker Pixelmaster over on TFW, Hasbro considered an SS86 Devastator at one point, but shelved it and decided to reissue the CW one instead.
Re: Studio Series Leadfoot available in store and online at Toysrus Canada (2087859)
Posted by Emerje on November 24th, 2020 @ 9:32pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Perceptor was in the whole movie. First he alerted Ultra Magnus to the Decepticons' arrival at Autobot City, then he informed Blaster to contact Optimus Prime on Moonbase One, then he boarded the Autobot Shuttle captained by Ultra Magnus and directed its crew to touch down on the Plant of Junk for repairs, then help work on the ship's repairs until Galvatron showed up, then he joined in the "Dare to be Stupid" battle and dance party with the Junkions, then he took part in the battle against Unicron aboard the Junkions' ship, and finally he stood triumphant with the other Autobots at the end of the movie.

How is it everyone is forgetting probably his most important role in the movie!? :shock:

Emerje

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Earthrise Figure Deluxe Quintesson Allicon - In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Star Convoy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Scorponok - WFC-E25 Titan Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Lot Soundwave Barricade Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Netflix Chromia Complete WFC Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise, Decepticon Doublecrosser Battle Masters WFC-E39 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WFC-E30 LEGENDS FASTLANE & CLOUDRAKER 2 PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Accessory Runabout G1 High-energy Particle Beam Rifle Vintage 1986" on EBAY